Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2019-2020 NBA Season Thread***

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Robinson and Crowder were ass. I had high expectations after how he did in Summer League, but damn, Herro's in a epic groove

Neither were great tonight, From 3 we were a wreck. But man, what a performance from Herro.  Super Solid performances from Bam/Jimmy/Goran too, but Tyler, best player on the court tonight. Not even close. Historic performance. He went to new levels tonight. 
vs Elite Defensive Wings.

Watching these playoffs has made me question (once again) the value of “elite perimeter defenders” in the modern nba.  This switch everything defense teams are all playing now reward length and speed much more than individual on ball ability along the perimeter.  If a player wants to create off the dribble a lazy screen is all it takes to switch onto a more advantageous matchup.  

The Lakers defense looks amazing and the only defender I trust to play on ball on that team in 2020 is AD.  McGee has never learned to defend a pick n roll.  Perimeter players have been dancing by Lebron for years now.  Danny Green leads the league in fans muttering “I guess he sucks now.”  Few people remember Caldwell Pope because 100 year old Rondo manages a highlight or two.....  but they’re long, switch well, and play excellent help defense.  

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Destino said:

Watching these playoffs has made me question (once again) the value of “elite perimeter defenders” in the modern nba.  This switch everything defense teams are all playing now reward length and speed much more than individual on ball ability along the perimeter.  If a player wants to create off the dribble a lazy screen is all it takes to switch onto a more advantageous matchup.  

The Lakers defense looks amazing and the only defender I trust to play on ball on that team in 2020 is AD.  McGee has never learned to defend a pick n roll.  Perimeter players have been dancing by Lebron for years now.  Danny Green leads the league in fans muttering “I guess he sucks now.”  Few people remember Caldwell Pope because 100 year old Rondo manages a highlight or two.....  but they’re long, switch well, and play excellent help defense.  

I think it worked better against individual 3 point shooters, that could move without the ball, like Reggie Miller, harassing them into mid range shots or passing up a bad shot.

I don't think it does much now, when 4 of 5 players at any given moment, can hit one, and the entire offense rely on motion/screens to scheme open a good look from 3.

7 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

How did Wizards pass on Herro???

H

What do you care, Laker boy? 🤨

Free throws are the entire difference at half time.  Lakers shot worse from the field but because of turnovers and offensive rebounds have the same number of made field goals (and threes) as the nuggets.  They have five more made free throws however, and so they lead by five.  

Missed the first quarter but since I've been watching, AD just hangs out at the three point line. How do you not have that dude in the post especially when LeBron is out? Nuggets gotta love that Laker game plan. 

Why did Murray stop shooting threes?  Did he fall in love with those highlight reel finishes at the rim?

I don’t think anyone can beat the Lakers if they enter the final three minutes behind.  James gets every call and he’s too good at either scoring or getting his team easy baskets.  

This lakers team kinda sucks aside from Davis and Lebron. Kuzma is a nobody and should be on the first flight out of LA this offseason.  

Lebron is also a shadow of his former self. Can’t shoot, can’t defend consistently. He gets by because he is insanely smart and experienced and can overpower almost anyone. It’s fun to watch him “old man” his way to playoff wins. Helps of course when he can run his shoulder into anyone’s chest at any point and get a foul called, but he’s always done that. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This lakers team kinda sucks aside from David and Lebron. Lebron is also a shadow of his former self. Can’t shoot, can’t defend consistently. He gets by because he is insanely smart and experienced and can overpower almost anyone. 

And gets away with fouling on defense.    Lebron can’t stay in front of anyone anymore, it’s all chase down at this point.  

• Like 4

I thought LeBron played great defensively. He has great timing on chase down blocks but Jesus his jumper is missing and yet he above his average on ft’s. Lebron who scored 51 against the Warriors might be gone forever. I’ll be laughing if Lebron hits another gear in the finals. 

I saw somewhere Lebron is 37-10 in close out games. It’s over. 

I agree, it’s over.  I predicted five games, so no surprise there.   Denver is very talented, but the NBA is often a wait your turn league.  Lakers have the better vets.  This is Jokic and Murray’s first trip to the conference finals and their inexperience has shown itself at times.  Especially Jokic who has twice gotten himself into foul trouble in four games.  

Denver fans must be happy though, they’ve got an exciting team.  Especially if Jokic is willing to keep getting in better shape.  Murray’s a killer.  

• Like 1