Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Anyway sinister never starts **** with anyone and I don't get why ppl always wanna have a go with him

I admit that I started it with McQueen, but, quite frankly, he deserved it, just off of the sheer lunacy of his remarks

I'm not sure who I want with the #9 pick.  A lot are talking Ennis, Hood, McDermott and Young.  McDermott might be a good fit.  Who would you go with?  

I guess I shouldn't expect you to man up, so I'll take that as a yes.

Have a good evening, y'all. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Peace.

Thank you both.

Heat have to figure out that perimeter D.

Spurs let Allen look like he was in that movie.

I will say this about Cole however...he is garbage.

Don't get me wrong, the passing from the Spurs was so pathetic at times, I thought they were on the verge of getting blown out.

Thank you both.

Said it before the series started, and throughout the year. Its very frustrating to watch. They allow way to much spacing. I called one as soon as Ginobli was given space on that second 3 pointer.

Collectively, they are just slower this year than last.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The criticism of LeBron for last night is ridiculous and unwarranted. And this is coming from a LeBron "hater".(Did not like "The Decision" and everything that went with it) This was not a situation where he could just "push through" and play. His body literally betrayed him. The man could not walk due to the severity of the cramps. He's had issues with cramping before. For whatever reason his body is prone to severe dehydration and cramping. All these people acting like he punked out is assinine. I went into this series 100% pulling for the Spurs. At this point I wouldn't mind if LeBron drops 50 every night and leads the Heat to the three peat.

Thank you both.

Spurs let Allen look like he was in that movie.

I will say this about Cole however...he is garbage.

Don't get me wrong, the passing from the Spurs was so pathetic at times, I thought they were on the verge of getting blown out.

The 23 turnovers was more or less neutralized with LeBron being out in the 4th.  Definitely the difference maker, so I don't take the final outcome as a blow-out even though it was 15 points.  One interesting stat was both teams were basically even on points off turn-overs (28 vs 27 - in favor of SA), even though SA turned the ball over 5 more possessions.  Some missed opportunities for the Heat there.

LeBron plays the entire 4th qtr, a lot closer and perhaps different outcome on the game.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Not to contribute to the hostility but it sucks how conflicted I am still about Allen.  Dude was always my favorite player but the way he jumped to Miami and then his comments after just didn't sit well with me.  I'm a Wizard fan but I wasn't shy about wearing my Allen jersey.  Since his move that jersey has just been buried in a drawer.  I simply dislike the Big Three so its basically impossible to support him in Miami.  Hard to find another favorite player too when you follow one for that long.

I got LeBron going for at least forty...

Man, I know the Spurs are old, but I just don't think that should be a problem for them. Especially when you consider the fact that they have a deep team.

I have no feel for game one at all. I was kind of nodding off until the middle of the fourth.

But I feel the Spurs can play a better have than on Thursday. Right now, I'm feeling them for game two. Should be another fun game tho...

The criticism of LeBron for last night is ridiculous and unwarranted. And this is coming from a LeBron "hater".(Did not like "The Decision" and everything that went with it) This was not a situation where he could just "push through" and play. His body literally betrayed him. The man could not walk due to the severity of the cramps. He's had issues with cramping before. For whatever reason his body is prone to severe dehydration and cramping. All these people acting like he punked out is assinine. I went into this series 100% pulling for the Spurs. At this point I wouldn't mind if LeBron drops 50 every night and leads the Heat to the three peat.

I wouldn't go that far lol.  But, cramps are a **** man.  I've had them in the past where I couldn't walk, its not fun at all.  I know how painful it was after the cramps passed, it can be very traumatic to the muscles involved.  Last time I had cramps, it was double in both of my calves.  

It hit me out of nowhere (I had actually drank heavily the night before and pretty sure I was dehydrated) while I was sitting in my recliner watching TV with my daughter.  It hurt so freaking bad, I had to literally lunge my body out of the chair to get on my feet so I could stretch out.  Man, my calves hurt for days after that.  

I'm not in the best shape like my college/early to mid 20s anymore, but my legs have always stayed muscular.  And I can say I wanted to cry like a baby when that happened.

By the way, I will take this time to apologize for letting things get out of hand. I honestly probably should have just stayed out of here like I had initially planned to. Not that I regret what I said, and why I said it, but I do regret sort of being the catalyst for things getting out of control in here.

Most of us have been cool going back 4-5 years, and even longer in some cases. Even though I may not seem like it sometimes ( I admit, I occasionally get very chippy), I'd like for it to stay that way.

I like you Sinister. No harm done with anything you said to me, nothing to feel bad about whatsoever. I didn't get mad, and I've been angry and posting before. I respect you. Along with most of the posters in this thread actually.

• Like 1

BTW, I enjoyed reading the little bandwagoner justification circle jerk from a few pages back, with LKB playing the pied piper, actually coming right out and arguing that being a bandwagon jumper is right.

You all realize that LKB is full of **** right?

Being a bandwagon fan means you aren't a fan. And with a few valid and notable exceptions, being a fan of a team other than your home team is lame and other fans will look down on you for it.

And what are these exceptions?

Maybe you found a gift basket and an NDA identifying your father as a member of a well known baseball team, and so you have to cheer for them to feel closer to your dad. That has to be an exception right? It must.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 2

Yeesh like a broken record

We get it. You're only a fan if you were born in the city/state/providence that the team plays for.

*grabs Ravens jersey I guess*

I mean I'm not from DC. I'm from Maryland. I've been a lame fake fan my whole life *breaks into tears*

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 1

BTW, I enjoyed reading the little bandwagoner justification circle jerk from a few pages back, with LKB playing the pied piper, actually coming right out and arguing that being a bandwagon jumper is right.

You all realize that LKB is full of **** right?

Being a bandwagon fan means you aren't a fan. And with a few valid and notable exceptions, being a fan of a team other than your home team is lame and other fans will look down on you for it.

Pretty unnecessary when we typically seem to be lumping anyone that doesn't root for their local team as a bandwagoner, which is a joke.

You can't underestimate the influence of fathers and families in sports interests. If you grow up with your dad and brothers etc all rooting for a team you will likely root for them as well. If they don't watch or care about a sport but you do, as a young kid what are you supposed to do?

It doesn't matter how you find a team to root for or if you pick a local team or not as long as once you have a team you support them eternally and faithfully IMO. That's all that matters.

This bandwagon crap is just nonsense that makes fans of loser franchises feel better about themselves and their teams. As if there is some sort of honor rooting for a loser. Every person has their own reasons for rooting for a team, those are the breaks. Some people happen to be diehard fans of non local teams and local teams stink. Oh well

If you've been a fan of the Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Heat, Yankees, Knicks etc since you were a kid but happen to live in DMV what difference does it make? Does that make you less of a fan? We love to give Cowboys fans in the area crap because many have never been to Texas. Who cares? Just because they happen to be born in a certain geographical area they can't root for whoever the hell they want to?

Most people have made up their minds about their teams at a young age anyway, as long as they stick with that team, how are they a bandwagoner?

Yeesh like a broken record

We get it. You're only a fan if you were born in the city/state/providence that the team plays for.

*grabs Ravens jersey I guess*

I mean I'm not from DC. I'm from Maryland. I've been a lame fake fan my whole life *breaks into tears*

Live in VA been a Redskins fan since I was 5 but I'm actually closer to the Panthers geographically. I guess I should have switched to the Panthers like so many former Skins fans did that we now like to make fun of, get mad about and criticize?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

I honestly don't care who people root for as long as they don't jump from team to team. The Bulls were ****ty for awhile before they started to makes the playoffs again (after Jordan left the 2nd time). And just about everybody that didn't cheer for a contending team in the 90's, was a Bulls fan, or the Bulls were their 2nd team. Bulls merch was sold every freakin' where

Just don't come at me with that attention whoring DMV Cowboy fan stuff. That **** deserves its own category

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I'm not sure who I want with the #9 pick. A lot are talking Ennis, Hood, McDermott and Young. McDermott might be a good fit. Who would you go with?

I don't want any part of McDermott, man. Probably has Adam Morrison written all over it. Hell, I think I would rather have Nik Stauskas over him.

Pretty unnecessary when we typically seem to be lumping anyone that doesn't root for their local team as a bandwagoner, which is a joke.

You can't underestimate the influence of fathers and families in sports interests. If you grow up with your dad and brothers etc all rooting for a team you will likely root for them as well. If they don't watch or care about a sport but you do, as a young kid what are you supposed to do?

It doesn't matter how you find a team to root for or if you pick a local team or not as long as once you have a team you support them eternally and faithfully IMO. That's all that matters.

This bandwagon crap is just nonsense that makes fans of loser franchises feel better about themselves and their teams. As if there is some sort of honor rooting for a loser. Every person has their own reasons for rooting for a team, those are the breaks. Some people happen to be diehard fans of non local teams and local teams stink. Oh well

If you've been a fan of the Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Heat, Yankees, Knicks etc since you were a kid but happen to live in DMV what difference does it make? Does that make you less of a fan? We love to give Cowboys fans in the area crap because many have never been to Texas. Who cares? Just because they happen to be born in a certain geographical area they can't root for whoever the hell they want to?

Most people have made up their minds about their teams at a young age anyway, as long as they stick with that team, how are they a bandwagoner?

Live in VA been a Redskins fan since I was 5 but I'm actually closer to the Panthers geographically. I guess I should have switched to the Panthers like so many former Skins fans did that we now like to make fun of, get mad about and criticize?

In my experiences, most Redskins fans I know didn't jump to the Panthers when they arrived. Seriously, go to a Panthers-Redskins game at BOA sometime. That's like an extra home game.

The reason I'm so hard on people that don't root for their local team here in DC is because it's hypocritical. I'm not talking Maryland or Virgins, I'm just talking.

People rep DC so hard, rep their hood so hard, but can't cheer for the team that reps their city? But be in the go-go's saying "Aww DC!" If I'm going to rep DC, I'm going to rep them to the fullest.

And what are these exceptions?

1.) You settle in a new area and take that team

2.) or you moved from the area that was your original team and kept them.

3.) Your family is originally from a different area and were die hards of that local team, relocated to a new area where you were born, kept following that original team, and you're maintaining the family tradition.

4.) You personally know someone who plays for/played for or works for/worked for the team.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

The reason I'm so hard on people that don't root for their local team here in DC is because it's hypocritical. I'm not talking Maryland or Virgins, I'm just talking.

People rep DC so hard, rep their hood so hard, but can't cheer for the team that reps their city? But be in the go-go's saying "Aww DC!" If I'm going to rep DC, I'm going to rep them to the fullest.

I kind of agree. I mean, I think if you grew up in this area and were a baseball guy as a younger person. I totally get being an O's fan and then everything DC. That's cool with me. I was never into baseball until DC got a team back. Then it took me a few years just to understand everything about the game.

As far as moving away. If I found myself in San Diego or San Fran. I could see myself having a wanting to see the Chargers win, or the Warriors win. Not when they played DC teams. But I could support the local team that has no rivals in Washington. Not the 49ers mind you.