Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Theyre pretty good.

I literally saw the last 30 seconds and all I could think to do was post here. I have no life. 

Russell is going to be a great long term pick up for GS. Probably doesn't make much difference this year, but GS next year should be pretty good again. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27922268/suns-deandre-ayton-tests-positive-diuretic-gets-25-game-ban

Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft, has been suspended for 25 games for violating the NBA-NBPA's anti-drug policy with a positive test for a diuretic, the league announced Thursday night.

The National Basketball Players Association plans to file arbitration papers immediately on behalf of Ayton, believing that there will be a case to have the penalty reduced or rescinded based on a collective bargaining agreement provision of "unintentional ingestion," league sources told ESPN.

Diuretics are banned because they can mask performance-enhancing drug use. Sources with knowledge of Ayton's testing told ESPN that follow-up testing on him showed no traces of any other banned substances.

They should have drafted Luka

9 hours ago, Destino said:

I will never understand how they hired Luka's coach and then did not draft him. I just assumed the coach gave them some crippling info on Luka that had not yet been presented. 

I think Ayton will be a really good player, but he doesnt exactly match how the league is moving

On 10/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Luka and the Unicorn gonna be a serious problem.

I’ve seen maybe 10 minutes total of the Mavs, between two different games, and I’ve already seen Porzingas refuse to set screens three times.  His teammates call for a screen and he just shakes his head and stays where he is.  Looks like they have a little work to do establishing roles on that team.  

23 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
really feeling like people declared a winner of that trade way too early

I doubt either team is upset by how that trade ended up.  Atlanta and Dallas both seem to have ended up with big time star players.  The real losers are, and this should come as no surprise, the Suns and Kings.  They drafted Ayton and Bagley instead of either Luka or Trae.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I doubt either team is upset by how that trade ended up.  Atlanta and Dallas both seem to have ended up with big time star players.  The real losers are, and this should come as no surprise, the Suns and Kings.  They drafted Ayton and Bagley instead of either Luka or Trae.   

100% agree, and I was an Ayton fan.  But the reality of the NBA is pg >>> big.  Guards have so much more control over their offense than non dribblers, and burly and tall and athletic as he is, Ayton was never a shot blocking defensive anchor type a la Gobert.I

Anthony Davis has been like a top three player for several years on 8th seedś and lottery teams.

Nuggs quietly Nuggin', 2-0.   The 2nd youngest team in the NBA and the pups got some much needed playoff experience last year.    

Denver doesn't have any flashy egomaniacs, so they won't be featured in the ABC Sunday games very often nor will they be a part of the opening segments on Sportscenter.  But they will win a ton of games and for sure be a top 4 seed in the west.  I think the Nuggets are ready for the next level this coming April.  

Edited by Chew