Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

NBA is just a flashpoint... We have been ignoring the issue as Americans for too long anyway.  Target, Walmart, Amazon rose by selling "Made in China Cheaper" products.  I own a Vizio TV... its not bad.  Technically by saving money over another brand (probably also made in China) I profitted from communist, human rights violator China. 

I think this bleeds into another specific thread on China.  

It also ignores another thread about society losing the "American values" the country stood as when we came together so many years ago.  Like free speech, liberty, self determination  and if the people, by the people, for the people.  Partly because "American values" has been coopted to mean "white American values"  by racists... and theres hypocrisy also.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wtf is you talking about? That’s literally what that hostage statement he made last week was? 
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rockets-james-harden-apologizes-for-gm-daryl-moreys-controversial-tweet-about-hong-kong/

how you gonna throw around that you reside in higher education circles and can’t even do a proper google search or better yet look at the context of situations.

Who forced him to make this statement? Did the NBA and Morey come to him and say “James, please apologize to China”.

Hostage statement lol. The only hostage here is Harden’s merchandise sales and popularity in a market of 1 billion people.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

It also ignores another thread about society losing the "American values" the country stood as when we came together so many years ago.  Like free speech, liberty, self determination  and if the people, by the people, for the people.  Partly because "American values" has been coopted to mean "white American values"  by racists... and theres hypocrisy also.  

American values has always been “what’s good for white elite white people.”

We can only grow when we destroy these myths.

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Who forced him to make this statement? Did the NBA and Morey come to him and say “James, please apologize to China”.

We can’t have this conversation if you aren’t going to be serious.

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

We can’t have this conversation if you aren’t going to be serious.

We can’t have this conversation if you’re trying to pass baseless assumptions as facts. 

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

American values has always been “what’s good for white elite white people.”

We can only grow when we destroy these myths.

Even when elite black athletes are turning a blind eye to gross human rights violations, somehow it’s still whiteys fault. 😂

Tribalism at its finest.

James Harden could have said whatever he wanted.  He’s playing mvp caliber ball on a guaranteed contract.  His career is as secure as it gets.  He’s not Colin K out there sacrificing his career to say what his conscience demands of him.  He could have told the rockets to kick rocks if they asked him to apologize to China.  He chose to lick those boots.  Lebron did too.  So did Steve Kerr.  

And lets not pretend Morey has more power than Harden in the rockets organization either just because he’s management.  If Harden said “him or me” Morey would be out.  We all know how the nba works.

The only thing keeping Morey employed now is that firing him would be the absolute worst PR move in the US.  They’d be literally firing a successful GM on China’s say so, over a tweet the vast majority of Americans agree with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Destino said:

And lets not pretend Morey has more power than Harden in the rockets organization either just because he’s management

It’s not about who has more power.

Morey is the one who is Casper even though his words created this situation. Harden and LeBron have tried to clean up his mess.

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It’s not about who has more power.

Morey is the one who is Casper even though his words created this situation. Harden and LeBron have tried to clean up his mess.

Cleaning up his mess... man you must be trying for sainthood with that level of charity.  Harden Lebron are throwing him under the bus, and boot licking China, to protect their pockets.  They're catching it on the chin in the US precisely because we all know exactly what they're doing. 

Edited by Destino
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Lebron and Harden aren't cleaning up his mess.  They're throwing him under the bus, and boot licking China, to protect their pockets. 

:ols: exactly - I have no idea how having statements almost as bad as Tsai equates to "cleaning up the mess"....it's only adding fuel to the fire

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Cleaning up his mess... man you must be trying for sainthood with that level of charity.  Harden Lebron are throwing him under the bus, and boot licking China, to protect their pockets.  They're catching it on the chin in the US precisely because we all know exactly what they're doing. 

When I say clean up his mess, I’m talking about tryna keep the relationship with China good.

I am not writing in Morse code. We all are dealing by with the same information, no?

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

When I say clean up his mess, I’m talking about tryna keep the relationship with China good.

I am not writing in Morse code. We all are dealing by with the same information, no?

It's China's mess.  They're the bad actors in this situation.  The choices on this side of the ocean are to be complicit via your silence or speak your conscience.  This was always going to happen, because there is no way the NBA and China partnership was going to go on forever without someone in this woke league noting something China is up to at some point. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

It's China's mess.  They're the bad actors in this situation.  The choices on this side of the ocean are to be complicit via your silence or speak your conscience.  This was always going to happen, because there is no way the NBA and China partnership was going to go on forever without someone in this woke league noting something China is up to at some point. 

And like I stated earlier, there are no good actors in this situation. The Chinese government, the NBA, ESPN, Morey, LeBron, etc, none of them are good actors in this situation.

As a Celtics fan, I'm terrified to post anything in here. "Why?" you may find yourself asking...

Well...

As a Nationals fan I made it a point of emphasis NOT to post in the Nats thread this year. And look at the Nats.

And now I know I ruined the Celtics season. Sorry guys.

But, as a Celtics fan, Enes Kanter is a guy who stands up for social injustice. And he is roasting Bron Bron on Twitter. Or roasted. Maybe I'm late to the party.

Edited by KDawg

Lebron must be stressed to deliver these bizarrely self flattering quotes.

“No, I had a sense of [how] what I said felt for me," James said after the Los Angeles Lakers' practice. "And like I said yesterday, when I speak upon things, I speak from a very logical standpoint on things that hit home for me. Yesterday, obviously, I gave thoughts on what I felt and how I saw things that transpired from that week that we were [in China]."

"I plan on being here and being a captain of this team and trying to figure out how we can win a championship," James said when asked whether he plans to learn more about the anti-government protests in Hong Kong. "That's my main goal right now. I feel like I talked about it yesterday. I tweeted out responses to people not understanding my knowledge and where it came from with my brain and learning from the situation. I'm talking about it now. I won't talk about it again.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27854748/lebron-james-says-turning-focus-china-championship

Lets just admire these one at a time:

I had a sense of how what I said felt for me.  

when I speak upon things, I speak from a very logical standpoint on things that hit home for me.

I tweeted out responses to people not understanding my knowledge and where it came from with my brain and learning from the situation.

that reads like a cross between Donald Trump and a yoga instructor with their own brand of healing crystals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

LeBron’s whack. I watched the first episode of The Shop and it literally was a circle jerk of everyone telling Bron what a visionary king he is. Man’s a raging narcissist, the charity and social activism can’t hide the emptiness of his persona. On full display now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.apnews.com/749af77ef6b64376ac11da5358092307

Protesters said James’ comments smacked of a double-standard, because he’s used his clout as a sports headliner to press for social causes in the United States.

Please remember, all NBA players, what you said before: ‘Black lives matter.’ Hong Kong lives also matter!” one of the protesters, 36-year-old office worker William Mok, said in addressing the applauding crowd.

Others said LeBron’s comments made it seem that he’s more worried about money than people.

“James was trying, you know, to take a side, on the China side, which is like ridiculous,” said Aaron Lee, a 36-year-old marketing director. “He was being honest, financially. Financial is money. Simple as that. LeBron James stands for money. Period.

Ohhhhh snap :ols:

Image result for mic drop gif

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He is a narcissist but I don’t think he is empty. People get upset when their wallet is potentially getting hit. 

I definitely get that, but even without China's market he will be a billionaire some day. It's not like he's really at financial risk.