Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They wouldn't be able to trade Russell until some time in December.

And it's nonsense, he fits. The Warriors needed another scorer, shooter, and ball handler. They got it.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, "No fit whatsoever" is a hack hot take.

KD's got a heart like an ocean (Titanic reference), old news

It's not that it doesn't add something to GSW (of course a young all-star, big PG does), but it doesn't move the needle like a comparable talent at the forward spots would have. If you trot out Curry, Russell, Klay, Green, and someone (or someone and Green), now that team has some serious defense issues.  The problem is compounded if Cousins signs elsewhere.  At the end of the day, Russell could be the best they can do to add top line talent, but with no rim protector, that team is gonna have trouble defending.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Am I missing something with the Iguadala trade? Sending three, barely protected, first round picks in three consecutive seasons to dump salary seems kind of insane.

I think it's one pick with lessening protection for subsequent years, becoming totally unprotected in year 3.  

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's not that it doesn't add something to GSW (of course a young all-star, big PG does), but it doesn't move the needle like a comparable talent at the forward spots would have. If you trot out Curry, Russell, Klay, Green, and someone (or someone and Green), now that team has some serious defense issues.  The problem is compounded if Cousins signs elsewhere.  At the end of the day, Russell could be the best day can do to add top line talent, but with no rim protector, that team is gonna have trouble defending.

Even if they don't sign Boogie, bring back Looney thats a really good team.

Defense will be an issue. Hopefully, Dlo gets better on that end. Bell can hopefully take a big leap forward. He is very quick with great lateral quickness but makes mental mistakes. 

I think it makes sense. New arena, owner doesn’t want to barely scrap by, he wants to give his team a chance. 

Whiteside and on the portland. I like it. 

Dubs are really high on the 19yo Serbian kid they've been developing in the G league (and traded for this draft). But he has to be at least 2 years+ before they can even think about him contributing. Plus they took another G in the first round...and a forward in the 2nd. They are a very guard heavy team right now (especially with the throw in players they picked up also in the trade yesterday).

They definitely need some bigs to fill out the roster.

Edited by The Evil Genius

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Yeah, no doubt.  It's a great team with just Curry, Klay, and Green.  I was thinking more along the lines of barring a trade or a homerun in the draft, this is probably their last shot to add a top line talent until one of the three expires.  While Russell is a good get, given equivalent talent, I think GSW would've preferred a front court player.  All hypothetical obviously.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Can they afford him though? Sure they have cash $ to pay anyone..but does he make sense at what he'll likely command from another team? Or does Damian Jones slide into Looney's role?

Edited by The Evil Genius

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Can they afford him though? Sure they have cash $ to pay anyone..but does he make sense at what he'll likely command from another team? Or does Damian Jones slide into Looney's role?

they could use Damian Jones as well, but they can go over the cap to sign Looney.

I love the decisions Memphis made this summer.  They're on the right track.  Same for New Orleans.  The amount of defensive talent these teams added is very impressive.

Painful to see since the Wizards were basically sitting in the same spot as them this past season.  They've rocketed ahead.

Wonder what Kawhi is going to do.  Quite a lot depends on his decision.

The Knicks traded Porzingis for Dennis Smith Jr and a pair of first round picks.  What an awful deal.  And what a stroke of good fortune for Dallas.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m gonna say Kawhi does a 1&1/Player Option deal with Toronto.  

I almost don't care what he decides, so long as he doesn't go to the Lakers.  I want to enjoy this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

almost don't care what he decides, so long as he doesn't go to the Lakers.  I want to enjoy this season.

You also had the Warriors penciled in for 5-6 straight titles after Durant signed and they won 2. 

The season is always interesting and we never know what is going to happen 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Like benning said they can go over the cap for looney, so getting Russell doesn’t affect that. 

I’m just saying, he’s their big of the future and Better than what was on the market outside do Horford which I think would have been amazing in GS 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

THANK YOU

GOOD-****ING BYE

Congrats! 🎈 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Knicks traded Porzingis for Dennis Smith Jr and a pair of first round picks.  What an awful deal.  And what a stroke of good fortune for Dallas.

I go the other way on that.  I'm on record saying the Knicks did the right thing.  I would have preferred those picks be less protected, but whatever.  Still good assets to have.  Dallas is gonna regret that Porzingis contract.  He simply will not be durable enough.  Guys as big as him that are all arms and legs that already get hurt all the time, keep getting hurt.  He's played in fewer games every year he's been in the league.  I dont see that getting better, especially since he's gonna keep getting big minutes. 

I think Mark Eaton is really the only guy 7'3"+ that really never broke down.

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You also had the Warriors penciled in for 5-6 straight titles after Durant signed and they won 2. 

The season is always interesting and we never know what is going to happen 

Except in 2016 - 2018.  Those of us who said Golden State over Cleveland got that right.

You were the one who thought there would be actual competition after Durant signed with Golden State and they would have won three straight if Klay and Durant hadn't gotten seriously hurt.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

The Nets will certainly be interesting going forward. KD gets up in his feelings so much, what does he think is going to happen when the glare of the NY media and fans focus on him? 

I agree, but he is fortunate that the Nets are nowhere near the Knicks in terms of attention.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think Mark Eaton is really the only guy 7'3"+ that really never broke down.

Kareem

He was 7'2" without shoes, but with shoes he was probably 7'4"

• Like 1

Not sure about the Blazers getting Whiteside. Isn't he supposedly a selfish player? I like what the Blazers got going on, but I think they need a more impactful "third star" if you will. They should have gone after Jimmy Butler(if it was financially feasible).