Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is why all the game jokes about how nobody wants to play for the lakers and it being a dumpster fire etc have always been ridiculous. This is why FA are always linked to them. 

Theyre the lakers. No matter how down they might be, they’ll always attract premier players and it only takes 1 to turn around the perception of a recent down era. 

The Lakers are such a unique franchise.  It is amazing to think about how successful they have been prior to these past 5-6 years. Before that, they had won a conference championship something like 30 times in their 60 some years as a franchise.  It is hard to fathom one franchise winning their conference as much as all the other teams in their conference combined.  

This past 5 years looked like the first chance for a generation of players to grow up watching the Lakers thinking "these guys always suck".  But, if they do pull off the super team championship, that could change in a hurry.

Also, LA is naturally going to be appealing to young millionaires.

• Like 1

Honestly, if I was going to get into the hot take buisness, I would start on YouTube.  Try to come up with a humorous way to present some hot takes, and then try to get a following by linking the videos on various social media platforms.

I actually think there is potential for Stephen Colbert type character (exaggerated Conservative pundit), but in the sports arena.  The hot take guys are so over the top now, I think the humor would write itself.

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

Did Durant break up with Kyrie?

Kyrie is hella moody.

Can't tell if that dude is minutes away from a murder suicide,  moving to Nepal and becoming a monk poet, giving out random hugs on the street, delivering a powerful speech on the vulnerability of the electric grid or filming himself, unkempt and tired looking, trying to market a time traveling device.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I imagine most start on radio and develop a following there

my man still running from Bobby Portis

Nice to know theres  still guys in the league worth running from

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

I'd say I'm disappointed in the level of apathy with this new world order since the decision, but some of yall sound actually excited.  I can see why this is different is being the Lakers. 

Same time, it's still something my franchise and most other franchise cant compete with if it happens.  So no, I'm not happy, but I will watch, I am curious as a basketball fan. Does that make me a hypocrite?

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I need to see how they play with LeBron first.

Im not excited, but im not bummed either. Mr O'Brien is gettable for a few teams. 

That's more then fair to see if it will work first before crowing them with the Warriors on the mend next year.  They still have to get some depth from somewhere, even if its ring chasing shooters, in case one of the three gets hurt.  

For whatever reason, I can better deal with D'Angelo Russel going back to the Lakers. With the line being pushed as far as it is now, that feels like the new "acceptable".

I absolutely hate that the Nets are about to dump Russel for Irving, they lost all credibility with me that they gained back.  These hoes ain't loyal.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's gonna blow that team up too.

Well yeah.... Its kinda like the Scorsese/noire-esque tale where the guy tells you in the beginning that  he's going to die, but he's gonna do a **** ton of living and take as many people down with him before the end.

Hmm, maybe that's more Tarantino

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Kyrie is hella moody.

Can't tell if that dude is minutes away from a murder suicide,  moving to Nepal and becoming a monk poet, giving out random hugs on the street, delivering a powerful speech on the vulnerability of the electric grid or filming himself, unkempt and tired looking, trying to market a time traveling device.

Nice to know theres  still guys in the league worth running from

I guess with Leonard you know what you are going to get. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like the Suns snd T Wolves are after Russell first. Not feeling good about that if I'm him. The penal colonies of basketball

Suns could become an interesting team if they had a good front office 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Suns could become an interesting team if they had a good front office 

Yeah, therein lies the rub. When you got old ass ladies dunking on you and going viral, its bad. I feel bad for  Monty Williams, because theyre so  chaotic im not sure he'll have enough time to really get anything going there,before they  change their mind about him too.