Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yuck, should we give the Warriors one, too, for being an overpowered superteam the last two years breaking the NBA?

C'mon, Raps win this and everyone's gonna say forever "Yeah, they won but if Golden State had Durant and Klay it'd be different."

And they'd be correct.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Yuck, should we give the Warriors one, too, for being an overpowered superteam the last two years breaking the NBA?

GS developed Green, Thompson and Curry. I can’t blame them for that and having the cap space to add Durant. I may not like super teams but they didn’t do what Miami did.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

C'mon, Raps win this and everyone's gonna say forever "Yeah, they won but if Golden State had Durant and Klay it'd be different."

And they'd be correct.

That's true, but I hate asterisk talk.  Play your schedule, Warriors have the lead.  It wouldn't be anymore satisfying conversation watching a full strength Warriors team sweep these guys.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

GS developed Green, Thompson and Curry. I can’t blame them for that and having the cap space to add Durant. I may not like super teams but they didn’t do what Miami did.

That was actually a freak occurrence.  The league had to add the cap space from IIRC a larger than expected tv contract and wanted to add it slowly over a few years.  The players association demanded that they add all of it immediately.  That allowed golden state to sign Durant.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Im assuming you're giving them an asterisk for beating Cleveland in '15 then,using the same logic ( both Love and Kyrie missing for that series a d them taking GS to a Game 6)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

That's true, but I hate asterisk talk.  Play your schedule, Warriors have the lead.  It wouldn't be anymore satisfying conversation watching a full strength Warriors team sweep these guys.

I hate it too.  But the other posters are correct.  GSW drafted and developed Green, Klay and Steph.  That's pretty damn awesome.  I can't consider GSW a superteam like the Celtics/Heat.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I was fine with the Warriors before they got KD, I can be mad if literally the only way to beat that team is injuries.  Healthy, it would not of stopped at 2 or 3 in a row.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hate it too.  But the other posters are correct.  GSW drafted and developed Green, Klay and Steph.  That's pretty damn awesome.  I can't consider GSW a superteam like the Celtics/Heat.

That's not the problem, adding KD was, they should not of been allowed to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Draymond habitually line stepping for that 6th tech

There is no game in which he plays that he doesn’t get away with something that would result in a tech being called for 90% of the league.  But in his mind, he’s unfairly targeted and a victim of mean spirited refs.

• Like 1