Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They really wanted the long lay off before the start of the FInals.  Give Iggy and Durant a chance to get healthy.  Give the rest of them a chance to recharge their batteries before the final push.  The postseason worked out extremely well for them.

So um... what if Durant decides to stay in Golden State?

I don’t see how they could afford KD long term. Thompson is gonna get paid this off-season and Draymond next off-season. Plus they have a lot of other UFA and RFA. Their luxury tax would be insane. 

I expect KD wants that last big contract

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yes 

What team can compete with GSW

Don't say Houston because Houston only has Paul and Harden and GS dispatched of them easily in 6 

Not disagreeing with the bottom line point. Just an odd way of phrasing it

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've got a pretty good take this morning:

- Magic Johnson is a childish asshole.

- He was a catastrophically bad hire.

- Hiring him exposed how much damage the nepotistic rot had done in degenerating the organization since the 2010-2011 season ended.

- Jeannie Buss is in way over her head.

- They should not be operating the franchise as a Mom and Pop business.

- If they continue to do so, they will become the Wizards of the West and they will open the door for the Clippers to supplant them.

- Jeannie got some yams

• Like 1

Talk in the office is to watch out for the Bucks.  Idk, GS is on level 11 right now, I'd be careful with the whole "they bigger and what they gonna do about Bledsoe" talk.  Bledsoe has be largely irrelevant lately, I dont trust him to tip the scale.

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

I don’t see how they could afford KD long term. Thompson is gonna get paid this off-season and Draymond next off-season. Plus they have a lot of other UFA and RFA. Their luxury tax would be insane. 

I expect KD wants that last big contract

They will pay the luxury tax and tell everyone to kiss their butts.

NBA owners aren't physically sending these players checks. Player salaries come from NBA revenues (TV, local TV, merch, gate receipts, etc)

The Warriors owners are worth billions. Having the best team ever play in your new downtown arena is worth it when they only have to pay a few million in luxury taxes.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Talk in the office is to watch out for the Bucks.  Idk, GS is on level 11 right now, I'd be careful with the whole "they bigger and what they gonna do about Bledsoe" talk.  Bledsoe has be largely irrelevant lately, I dont trust him to tip the scale.

What are they gonna do about 9-40 Bledsoe? Yeah I bet Kerr is losing sleep over him.

• Thanks 1

Theyll win 4-2 at worst.

Both Toronto and Milwaukee can play with them. Problem is they can play a quarter/half of dumb basketball at times, and thats all GS needs (not even playing at their best on the flipside) to beat them. 

So far, the only person to solve them and play nearly perfect for 4 games, is LeBron, and good luck with that, considering he may be one of the smartest bball players to ever live.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They will pay the luxury tax and tell everyone to kiss their butts.

NBA owners aren't physically sending these players checks. Player salaries come from NBA revenues (TV, local TV, merch, gate receipts, etc)

The Warriors owners are worth billions. Having the best team ever play in your new downtown arena is worth it when they only have to pay a few million in luxury taxes.

If it was a few million, I’d agree. They are paying $51 million in luxury taxes this year. Next season if everyone came back it’s $75-100 million on top of a $175 million payroll on players.

• Like 1

If im a billionaire, I'm not giving away my money for nothing... CERTAINLY when I know a slimmer payroll will still net me a chip and more asses in my seats.

These are Durants last days. I do expect them to make a run at Draymond though, and keep the three together.

44 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If it was a few million, I’d agree. They are paying $51 million in luxury taxes this year. Next season if everyone came back it’s $75-100 million on top of a $175 million payroll on players.

Again, that $175 million isn't coming out of their pockets. That is NBA revenues. The entire league pays Steph Curry, not Joe Lacob and Peter Gruber.

If Durant wants to stay and wants the max, and Klay wants to stay and wants the max, and Draymond stays and wants the max, they will pay it. The question is more if its smart to do since they will all be over 30 when their contracts end, not if they have the means.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not giving away my money for nothing

Those dorks like being the center of attention court sides and flexing. There is a value there. It is not "for nothing."

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So um... what if Durant decides to stay in Golden State?

He won't and the Warriors would lose other players if he did.  Namely Klay and/or Draymond.  I'd bet that a few warriors, if you were being perfectly honest, want him gone. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Those dorks like being the center of attention court sides and flexing. There is a value there. It is not "for nothing."

They don't need Durant to flex... They need Steph, Klay and Draymond.

I think for most owners, "flexing" doesn't really exceed "winning" and making money"

I think it works when a team has a tight window if opportunity to win one or more titles, then they reduce their payroll. They've been winning for an eternity now. I highly doubt all 4 would be signed to max deals, knowing all this.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They don't need Durant to flex... They need Steph, Klay and Draymond.

I think for most owners, "flexing" doesn't really exceed "winning" and making money"

I think it works when a team has a tight window if opportunity to win one or more titles, then they reduce their payroll. They've been winning for an eternity now. I highly doubt all 4 would be signed to max deals, knowing all this.

we will see

Giannis is the opposite of Steph Curry.  Curry forces the defense to spread out to absurd lengths picking him up at half court.  Giannis simply by dribbling the ball has defenders lined up in the paint like soccer defenders forming a wall against a free kick.  

Would defenders brains seize up and reboot if they were on the same team?

Just now, Destino said:

Giannis is the opposite of Steph Curry.  Curry forces the defense to spread out to absurd lengths picking him up at half court.  Giannis simply by dribbling the ball has defenders lined up in the paint like soccer defenders forming a wall against a free kick.  

Would defenders brains seize up and reboot if they were on the same team?

Might form some Kingpin colider type ****, and 4 Giannis' enter our dimension, each one with a ferocious game that compliments the other.