Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

My god.  I turned it off about three minutes into the second half.  Thought the Warriors were going to win by 30+ points, Clippers couldn't stop them whatsoever.  I even had a little wager going with the Clippers +13 and completely gave up on it.  Wow, guess I missed a good game.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

My god.  I turned it off about three minutes into the second half.  Thought the Warriors were going to win by 30+ points, Clippers couldn't stop them whatsoever.  I even had a little wager going with the Clippers +13 and completely gave up on it.  Wow, guess I missed a good game.

I caught the 2nd half but gave up halfway through the 4th, when it seemed like the Warriors were matching every single Clipper score and grabbing 3/4 of the rebounds.  

On 4/14/2019 at 8:08 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ahhh, look at Kareem the front-runner, all of a sudden back in Milwaukee like he was never a Laker.

What are you doing? His jersey is retired in Milwaukee too. They even gave him a Harley Davidson.

I went to bed, the Warriors were up by 25 points. Wtf happened?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

What are you doing? His jersey is retired in Milwaukee too. They even gave him a Harley Davidson.

I

Kareem and Milwaukee have kissed and made up over the past few years but Milwaukee was pissed at him for a long time after he requested a trade out of there.  Told them that he and the city were on two different paths, the city was too blue collar, his lifestyle wasn't compatible, etc.   

My point was that if the Lakers were in the playoffs I think he'd have been there instead.  But I'm glad they're on good terms now.

I think it would be a huge positive for the NBA if the Clippers manage to pull off the unthinkable and upset Golden State.  I know the TV ratings wouldn't be great, but the competitive health of the league would receive incalculable benefit, which would ultimately be good for ratings.  This grandfathered pre-cap jump Golden State team is pretty much the only thing left preventing much broader parity.  Take them out and you've got like six other teams that could legitimately win it all.  And such a cratering end to their season is the kind of thing that could break them up in the summer.  Then hopefully the DPVE starts doing its job and Anthony Davis doesn't run off to form some kind of juggernaut team, and we get back to basketball being the central focus instead of the toxic personal drama of the players.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think it would be a huge positive for the NBA if the Clippers manage to pull off the unthinkable and upset Golden State.  I know the TV ratings wouldn't be great, but the competitive health of the league would receive incalculable benefit, which would ultimately be good for ratings.  This grandfathered pre-cap jump Golden State team is pretty much the only thing left preventing much broader parity.  Take them out and you've got like six other teams that could legitimately win it all.  And such a cratering end to their season is the kind of thing that could break them up in the summer.  Then hopefully the DPVE starts doing its job and Anthony Davis doesn't run off to form some kind of juggernaut team, and we get back to basketball being the central focus instead of the toxic personal drama of the players.

That sounds great and all but the Warriors are still going to win it all. This is just a minor blip.

I do think they'll break up this summer. After a 3 peat we'll see something new...until another superteam rises from the ashes.

Boogie is definitely gone (especially with how Looney is playing right now). I'd expect KD to be gone too. They'll likely bring in another big name piece though and still dominate with Steph and Klay. 

As for last night, good lord Beverly is bush league. What was up with him flinching at the foul line before  almost every Dub player shot free throws? Who does that? 8-year olds?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Kareem and Milwaukee have kissed and made up over the past few years but Milwaukee was pissed at him for a long time after he requested a trade out of there.  Told them that he and the city were on two different paths, the city was too blue collar, his lifestyle wasn't compatible, etc.   

My point was that if the Lakers were in the playoffs I think he'd have been there instead.  But I'm glad they're on good terms now.

The Lakers aren't in the playoffs. The Bucks are. He played for both franchises and has his jersey retired at both places. If the Bucks are cool with it, why aren't you?

• Confused 1

I'd hope the refs go back and watch the Dubs/Clips game from last night and learn something from it. It was brutal to see so many ticky tacky fouls being called on both sides. There's no good reason to have 3 players foul out (and 3 others with 5 fouls) in the NBA in a 48 minutes game

Edited by The Evil Genius

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd hope the refs go back and watch the Dubs/Clips game from last night and learn something from it. It was brutal to see so many ticky tacky fouls being called on both sides. There's no good reason to have 3 players foul out (and 3 others with 5 fouls) in the NBA in a 48 minutes game

No one benefits from that ****. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No one benefits from that ****. 

I'd agree with the majority of freedom of movement calls because that's how teams try to stop players like Curry. But the calls where the offensive player initiate contact into the defensive players space killed me (when it's called on the defensive player). Durant and Lou Williams got that call all night last night (and every night).

Also thought that last foul on Durant was bush. There were several on Beverly and Green (JaMychal) too that we're bush. Although I didn't lose sleep on the Beverly ones since he had 25 more not called. That dude is crazy.

Edited by The Evil Genius

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd agree with the majority of freedom of movement calls because that's how teams try to stop players like Curry. But the calls where the offensive player initiate contact into the defensive players space killed me (when it's called on the defensive player). Durant and Lou Williams got that call all night last night (and every night).

Also thought that last foul on Durant was bush. There were several on Beverly and Green (JaMychal) too that we're bush. Although I didn't lose sleep on the Beverly ones since he had 25 more not called. That dude is crazy.

The last foul was the moving screen right?  That was absolutely the correct call.  The game is better overall when it’s called straight and guys like Durant aren’t allowed to play by their own rules and do whatever they want.  I’m perfectly fine with stars fouling out.  

The nba needs to change the rules to stop offensive players from initiating contact to manufacture trips to the free throw line, but the refs aren’t to blame for that.  

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

The last foul was the moving screen right?  That was absolutely the correct call.  The game is better overall when it’s called straight and guys like Durant aren’t allowed to play by their own rules and do whatever they want.  I’m perfectly fine with stars fouling out.  

The nba needs to change the rules to stop offensive players from initiating contact to manufacture trips to the free throw line, but the refs aren’t to blame for that.  

When it's called correctly guys like Harden foul out and then ****. So it is on the refs too...but I hear ya.

As for the Durant foul, yes he was still moving. In today's NBA it really has to be blatant to be called and the question is was it only blatant because the defender Durant was screening grabbed him by the waist and spun him. It's a subjective call these days...and it's shame that it got him out of the game (especially with the infrequency that's it's called).

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was halfway asleep during the run. Just remember Curry bricking everything, and getting his globetrotter passes picked off.

Just seemed like they thought they were already up 2-0 and fell asleep at the wheel.

I expect game 3 up be like the 2nd half of sixers game 2.