Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

Can't just say it man, you gotta act on it.

I'm going to keep watching even though I don't really enjoy it because I'm addicted to it.  But the NBA is ridiculous and deeply flawed and desperately needs wholesale reforms to create real competition.  It's a second rate league.

Can't wait until this god damn Golden State era is finally over.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm going to keep watching even though I don't really enjoy it because I'm addicted to it.  But the NBA is ridiculous and deeply flawed and desperately needs wholesale reforms to create real competition.  It's a second rate league.

Can't wait until this god damn Golden State era is finally over.

Get off that narcotic. At least get clean for a while then you can backslide later.

Edited by Sticksboi05

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

****ing Warriors man.  They're just clowning the NBA at this point.  All you pollyanna's ready to concede that the league is a farce yet?

It really is. My undying support of the Lakers kids is basically a way for me to pretend I'm watching a real sports league and have something a little less objectionable to support. 

Just now, CrypticVillain said:

Spoken like a true Laker fan... In 2018, those titles are useless.

You have Joe Gibbs as your avatar. 

You could restore balance to the NBA (at least for a while) if you could Thanos snap the Warriors roster into non-existence.  Then you'd get like 8+ teams capable of winning the championship next year.  That's how freaking ridiculous this Warriors team is.  Five god damn All NBA players and a sixth man who won a ****ing Finals MVP.

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

that deal only makes sense for Cousins though. I imagine his market was ****ty after the injury, now he gets a ring and cash in next year

Yeah, it makes sense for Cousins.  If he gets healthy again.

But the NBA needs a hard cap.  This season is going to be cartoonishly dumb.

Blocking the Chris Paul trade was a stain on the NBA. The league can’t interfere because a team is too good or is able to take advantage of other owners. If they aren’t breaking the rules, it’s just too bad if a team is that dominant. 

They haven’t done anything wrong and shouldn’t be punished for this success  

Suck it up fellas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

You have Joe Gibbs as your avatar. 

That's your comeback? Me having an avatar of a Redskins legend on a Redskins message board is equal to a Laker fan telling the Warriors about 17 titles when they're in the midst of a 4 year Dynasty and just reloaded again... All but ending the chances of the Lakers adding number eighteen.

Take a seat at the loser table with the rest of the NBA. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Blocking the Chris Paul trade was a stain on the NBA. The league can’t interfere because a team is too good or is able to take advantage of other owners. If they aren’t breaking the rules, it’s just too bad if a team is that dominant. 

Suck it up fellas. 

This... For as bad as Ernie Grunfeld is doing with the team, the Warriors are doing the exact opposite. If GMs actually tried to compete with the Warriors instead of trying to be them (Like the Celtics), this wouldn't be as big of a problem. 

Also, can we please seed the playoffs 1-16 now? 

29 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

It was over before that, but I'm interested to see the length. For him he can go there, be a model citizen for a year or two, put some rings on his fingers and then sign a max deal. Nobody was giving him a max deal this offseason

Nobody's giving it to him next year either.  I really dont think people get what he's coming back from.  Let history be your judge.

Not to mention, he wont have they opportunities or numbers. Unless folks want him taking shots away from Durant and Steph. 

And he didnt want to guard anybody before, he wont be able to guard anybody now. 

And dirty work and hustle plays werent weren't really his bag to fall back on.

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

That's your comeback? Me having an avatar of a Redskins legend on a Redskins message board is equal to a Laker fan telling the Warriors about 17 titles when they're in the midst of a 4 year Dynasty and just reloaded again... All but ending the chances of the Lakers adding number eighteen.

Gibbs won a superbowl with 3 different QB and squads in a league where there is constant change vs the Lakers who were basically competing against 2 other teams each year lol

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Nobody's giving it to him next year either.  I really dont think people get what he's coming back from.  Let history be your judge.

Not to mention, he wont have they opportunities or numbers. Unless folks want him taking shots away from Durant and Steph. 

And he didnt want to guard anybody before, he wont be able to guard anybody now. 

And dirty work and hustle plays werent weren't really his bag to fall back on.

All he wants out of this season is to show he’s healthy, have fun, keep a low profile and be a team player. If he can do that, teams will be giving him big deals. Maybe not the max but his gamble will have paid off 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Suck it up fellas. 

Agreed. I dont get why people are bent outta shape about this.  They're not even just not breaking the rules, they're not even bending them.

Unless the argument is Boogie should be forced to take more money elsewhere or something ridiculous like that.

I have to switch gears and agree with Steve now.  This makes the nba a side show.  A farce.  Golden State has an allstar team.  Five, in their prime, all stars.  One at every position on the floor.  That’s ridiculous.  

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

all this basically makes the West the nba. might as well contract the east cause they don't exist

You say that like the rest of the West has a chance against an allstar team.  It makes the entire season, and both conferences, irrelevant unless the Warriors suffer injuries or the locker room melts down.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Agreed. I dont get why people are bent outta shape about this.  They're not even just not breaking the rules, they're not even bending them.

Unless the argument is Boogie should be forced to take more money elsewhere or something ridiculous like that.

People aren't bent outta shape about Golden State, it's the rules and the general forming of super teams in order to win titles vs trying to beat the best. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

:806:

Your newly beloved Lakers don't matter either.  None of the other 29 teams do.  There will be no competition in the NBA this season.

Come watch the Caps this season man. There's beer on the bandwagon and parity to go around.

The only interesting part of next season is LeBron now. How does he deal with LaVar Ball? I would love if he just told him to STFU at one point.

15 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Doesn't 4 year dynasty imply they won 4 in a row? When someone says something along the lines of suck it Lakers fans, I'm going to respond with how much catching up the Warriors have to do, and I've been rooting for GS in the playoffs pretty much every year. Right now the Warriors are the Bulls, but they have a few decades to catch up to the Lakers and Celtics. The Lakers will get to 20 before the Warriors get to 17. If I understand this correctly, I'm not allowed to be proud of my NBA team's history because you don't like them. Got it. 

Edited by Berggy9598