Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Durant is just like every player I'll talk **** about him cause it's fun and hes not on the wiz. Best believe if he was on the wiz I would totally except all this and be telling ya'll that tall cats from PG comes with the hands and not to try us. 

But he ain't sooo

Like if he wasn't on a NBA court, he knows his chest woulda been caved in by now LOL...

I think Durant always had an edge.  He's an intense competitor, just because he's icy doesn't mean he's not angry.  He tries to keep that buttoned up but it comes out.

NBA players cuss out refs a lot, Durant didn't do anything that unusual.  The ref obviously couldn't tolerate him showing him up like that and rightfully T'd him up.  It's an artful balance they have to find between maintaining their authority on the court and letting superstars vent because they're who the fans paid to see and this ref did the right thing.  A lot of it comes down to body language and if the player is aggressively confronting the ref in order to threaten his authority rather than the specific language used.

There is a reason TV broadcasts try and mute what the players say on the court.  Sometimes you hear stray comments come up on a directional mic, and the broadcasters always pretend that it didn't happen.  My favorite moment where this happened was in a Wizards--Clippers game a few years ago.  John was mad about all of the bull**** foul calls Chris Paul's flopping ass was getting and during one trip to the line, John jumped in and grabbed the ball after the first free throw and shouted, clear as day over the TV broadcast, "GOT DAYUM!  Quit suckin this (n word)'s dick!"  :rofl89:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Apparently, back then, LeBron playing for the Wizards would have made them give up their fandom :ols:. Of course that's probably not the case now (except for maybe Gacolb).

Give up my fandom, nah, but I'm on record with not supporting this (probably only other Wizards fan that feels that way).

As for KD being here and acting like that, I wasn't any nicer to Arenas when he started going into full clown mode.  KD still doesn't like being called Slim Reaper, so I don't know what he's doing right now.  I still want him to be a Wizard, but I'm not holding my breath anymore.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wish they would do parental advisory broadcasts of NBA and NFL games where they mic up all of the players and let them be heard throughout the broadcast.  I would especially love to hear what they talk about on the bench.

I've wished for the same thing on many occasions but it will never happen.  Players would self censor if they knew the mics were live because failing to do so would almost certainly result in at least having to issue a public apology.  No one wants to do that. 

It's a shame because it really would be entertaining. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wish they would do parental advisory broadcasts of NBA and NFL games where they mic up all of the players and let them be heard throughout the broadcast.  I would especially love to hear what they talk about on the bench.

LeBatard always talks about how they stopped putting the mic on during coin tosses of Miami games, because Jerome Brown was not to be contained.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It always amazes me how large Shaq is. Ben Simmons was on inside the NBA and Shaq looks twice as big. Ridiculous. 

Dude was bouncing Gronk on his shoulders. Even as an older cat niw, his strength is stupid.

I still believe Brad Miller kisses the floor every time he gets out of bed in the morning

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I don't know where else to ask this, but I wanted to find out from people who people who know more. Is Grant Hill really a Hall of Famer? Is he going in for his college accomplishments, which if so, then I completely understand. But what I remember about his NBA career was an injury riddled career that never let him live up to the talent he had and the expectations teams had. Maybe he's just going in because he's such a likable guy. I've never really heard anyone say anything bad about him personally and he's probably the most likable guy to ever play basketball at Duke. But the other guys going into the Hall of Fame that played in his era, I remember them as superstars in the league and I remembering their Hall of Fame careers. With Hill, it was more about remember disappointment that he couldn't be as good as everyone thought he could be. 

Edited by Redskin4ever

I get that. I guess I’m used to the NFL where they say that person X is going on as contributor or a player or a coach, etc. I think Hill’s college career makes him a hall of famer, but as I said I didn't think his NBA one by itself did. I didn’t know if they had any explanations or if they just said he’s in. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He most certainly would have been an NBA Hall of Famer if not for the injury. I'm old enough to remember him with the Pistons before it happened, and he was magnificent.

He was my favorite  player as a kid when I first discovered a passion for the NBA.  Top five player in the era of Shaq/Malone/Hakeem/Robinson/Jordan.  I was young enough at the time to not hold his Duke career against him.

Imagine if his injury hadn't been mishandled and Tim Duncan's entourage had been allowed to fly on Orlando's team plane.  They'd have been a dynasty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I don't know where else to ask this, but I wanted to find out from people who people who know more. Is Grant Hill really a Hall of Famer? Is he going in for his college accomplishments, which if so, then I completely understand. But what I remember about his NBA career was an injury riddled career that never let him live up to the talent he had and the expectations teams had. Maybe he's just going in because he's such a likable guy. I've never really heard anyone say anything bad about him personally and he's probably the most likable guy to ever play basketball at Duke. But the other guys going into the Hall of Fame that played in his era, I remember them as superstars in the league and I remembering their Hall of Fame careers. With Hill, it was more about remember disappointment that he couldn't be as good as everyone thought he could be. 

He was one of the best players of the 1990s

Iconic college basketball player and has an Olympic gold medal.

Grant Hill is easily a HOFer.

3 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

Bruh... I was just thinking about this earlier. Shaq probably would have been arrested for that for real. 

I agree, because remembering the way Shaq  ****ed back, like some Paul Phoenix ****, at best, Miller would've been immediately concussed, and his head would've crashed to the floor, probably giving him brain damage, and at worst, Brad Miller would have no head... It would've sprayed into the crowd.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Thought Brow has shaved but it was an April fools joke. That’s disappointinng. Can’t take that dude serious when he’s running around with that ridiculous unibrow 

maybe he will eventually wise up like Lebron did with that goofy ass headband 

I know it’s his moniker, but got damn you’re a millionaire. Time to be a grown up and tweeze that damn thing or better yet, electrolysis. 

• Like 1

That Shaq missed punch is one of the great all time "what ifs" that is never talked about. If you watch the video, he nearly threw a punch and then reset himself to get better balance. And then he threw a sweeping punch aimed at the base of Miller's skull.

Now, Miller is a monster of a human being too so maybe his body could have handled that. But that's the kind of punch that kills dudes in street fights.

If Shaq had connected, I have to think he's looking at something like 25 games - which for a superstar is just insane. If it had connected and done real damage, he might have been looking at a year and assault charges. The league was still in a bit of its post-Jordan malaise then too. It's biggest superstar nearly killing a guy would have been 10,000 times worse than any Jailblazer story.

• Like 1