Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Who is Zeke

Isiah Thomas.

Bird is basically Kevin Love.

Not much difference.

I don't think this is true.

Bird was a much better and more natural shooter than Love.  Bird shoot over 40% from the 3 pt. line through the prime of his career.  Love has only done it once and that's with the 3 pt. shoot being less of an important shot in Bird's era.

I also think Bird was much better just in terms of finding ways to get shots off (and then making them).  Love does not appear to have Bird's creativity as a shot maker.

I think you could think of Bird as a less athletic version Durrant version, but with better court vision.

Edited by PeterMP

That's who I thought but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy before I told him his team didn't follow the rules because Isiah, Dirk and Drexler were all top 2 players on 50+ win finals teams.

I think Aristotle refers to Shaq so that would be another top 2 player on a 50+ win finals team.

PG - John Wall

SG - Kobe
SF - Trevor Ariza

PF - Karl Anthony Thomas

C - Hakeem

Sixth Man - Jamal Crawford (duh)

You said I can't use Jordan or Kareem so I used Kobe and Hakeem (Basically the same people lol)

I love my starting five. Inside outside game is crazy. I would love to have a 3pt shooter on my team, but I think I am good enough there.

The defense on this starting five though???? LAWD!!!

Plus I got my man Crawford coming off the bench... We know he can light you up before you can even realize what happened.

Edited by MLSKINS

U listing your all-time best team? Don't see any role players there LOL....

I was a little tipsy last night.

But, looking at it sober, I like this squad. We could give anybody a run.

Bias > Jordan

Edit: I must've somehow missed the rules. Let me fall back and cook up something fresh...

Edited by TryTheBeal!

Bird is basically Kevin Love.

Not much difference.

I assumed by this post that you were some punk millennial that thought the league started with Kobe.  Then I clicked on your profile and saw "Skins fan since 78" and I'm just flabbergasted.

The numbers don't back up your statement.  Remotely.  And they include Larry's 91 and 92 seasons when he had a bad back and was a shell of himself.

Even still, over his career, Bird averaged 6 ppg more, 1 rebound less, 4 assists more, 1 steal more.  He was better offensively and defensively, and the advanced stats show that he had a value over replacement player of almost 80 (higher than Magic, Hakeem, Kobe, Shaq...) while Kevin Love has a rating of 22 (comparable to Christian Laettner, Derrick Coleman, Hedo Turkuglo, Caldwell Jones...).

Kevin Love is the 3rd wheel on a Big 3 which is more like a Big 2 most of the time. Larry Bird was the best player of a Big 3, won 3 League MVPs and 2 NBA Finals MVPs along with 3 championships.

The similarity between the two is that they're both white.  That's it.

• Like 4

Laettner would have been bird if he played on that Celtics team.

Love would have been top 10 all time if he had played on that Celtics team.

Adding Love to a better team has devalued him.  Not made him appear to be better.

Why would he appear to be better playing on the Celtics than he does with Irving and Lebron?

I strongly suspect that Bird would shoot over 40% from the 3 pt. line with Lebron as a play maker setting him up, especially considering he did it without a play maker like Lebron making shot opportunities for him..  Love doesn't.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

That Celtics team was "That Celtics team" because of Larry Bird.  He was their leading scorer and usually their leading assist man. His passing led to the unselfishness that made them one of the greatest basketball teams of all-time.

Kevin Love wouldn't START on that Celtics team. Kevin McHale is his superior in every way except for 3-point shooting.

If love was black and used LeBron's agency he'd be a top 10 player in the league currently.

But he's not so people forget about him and LeBron doesn't feed him the rock.

Love in the 80's and 90's would have been a 25/10/8 guy.

Edited by daveakl

Larry Bird is Roger Staubach.

Kevin Love is Trent Dilfer.

Love is more like Young if he never left Tampa.

Bird is like Bradshaw. All the talent around him made him look better then he was. Bradshaw shouldn't be in the HOF either. Maybe for an announcer but not as a QB.

Son...

That aint gonna cut it

I knew who he was just didn't want to jump on the guy without giving a chance to clarify.

Totally missed Aristotle tho. That's a stupid nickname so that's probably why

I love you

• Like 1