Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Probably because he had about 200 different offensive game plans through the season. The team never really knew what they were as a team. I mean, I'm still not sure what pg's position was this year. They said the 4, but was it?

they need a second star, and thats the hardest get. Probably should have kept Vogel. Either way I don't think he was all that good. Better than Witt atleast.

Vogel is a great defensive coach in a league that is skewing offensively.  He's never had much of an offensive mind, and it bothers Larry Bird that they aren't better on that side of the floor.

Don't forget Durant to the Golden State.

That would upset the balance of the universe. I wouldn't tempt fate any further by mentioning such unspeakable possibilities.

If I were Predicto I would blame you for Curry missing so much time. You don't blaspheme the Basketball Gods in the hour of Judgment.

So it was written, and so shall it be.

• Like 1

Would you really swap Barnes, Iggy and probably Bogut for Durant?

Granted you'll probably lose a Barnes anyway because somebody will drastically overpay him (Hornets)

Hell yes.  Because we are probably going to lose Iggy and Bogut anyway.  

Someone is going to offer Barnes a max deal this summer.   The question is whether GS should match it.   If we do, we are over the cap and Bogut and Iggy are gone unless they take a pay cut to stick around.

Put it this way.  In the crazy free agent market that is coming, Barnes will cost almost as much as Durant.   Why not take the superstar for the same price as the roleplayer?    

Hell yes. Because we are probably going to lose Iggy and Bogut anyway.

Someone is going to offer Barnes a max deal this summer. The question is whether GS should match it. If we do, we are over the cap and Bogut and Iggy are gone unless they take a pay cut to stick around.

Put it this way. In the crazy free agent market that is coming, Barnes will cost almost as much as Durant. Why not take the superstar for the same price as the roleplayer?

Makes total sense in that regard. Wonder if you could get Iggy to sign back for cheap. He's huge for you guys and seems to have a found a home and appreciation there he hasn't had before

Between Iggy and Bogut who do you choose?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Makes total sense in that regard. Wonder if you could get Iggy to sign back for cheap. He's huge for you guys and seems to have a found a home and appreciation there he hasn't had before

Between Iggy and Bogut who do you choose?

Bogut.  Iggy is one of my favorite players ever, but the Warriors' switching defense requires a rim protector to be effective (you can only play smallball for short periods, or Draymond will foul out/die of exhaustion).  Ezeli is our only other rim protector and he has knee issues.  Between Bogut and Ezeli we have one excellent center.   

Iggy might take a paycut because he really enjoys winning and he loves the Bay Area.  He's smart as hell and he wants to go into the tech world when he retires.   I think Bogut might take a pay cut too.  

All of the older players on the team seem really happy.  The only ones who are going to want to leave are the younger ones that might get a bigger role and a big paycheck elsewhere.   Barnes, of course.   Livingston knows he might be a starter on another team, but he's locked in for one more year.  Speights is gone - he will get overpaid by someone who doesn't understand that his skill set is very limited.  Clark and McAdoo want minutes and paychecks that they will never get here.      

• Like 1

Isn't Livingston on a minutes restriction because of his knee? He can't start somewhere else at 20min a game

He used to be on a short minutes restriction, back when his knee was held together with duct tape.  I'm pretty sure he gets up to 30 mins a game now.    But you may be right.  It's possible he can't be a starter.  

I believe Livingston got 31 mins during game 2.

That would upset the balance of the universe. I wouldn't tempt fate any further by mentioning such unspeakable possibilities.

If I were Predicto I would blame you for Curry missing so much time. You don't blaspheme the Basketball Gods in the hour of Judgment.

So it was written, and so shall it be.

Curry is a basketball God.