Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

People are so entrenched in this, but Lebron winning a title with this team would be more impressive than anything Jordan did. He's basically winning with a YMCA squad.

And Golden State is playing like my middle school team.  Plus the refs are helping.

And Golden State is playing like my middle school team.  Plus the refs are helping.

GS is playing poorly because the Cavs D is forcing them to, and that D is built around Lebron.

Refs helping is such a cop out. Reffing sucks all the time for every team.

People are so entrenched in this, but Lebron winning a title with this team would be more impressive than anything Jordan did. He's basically winning with a YMCA squad.

YMCA squads can shut down the NBAs best offense. Houston, Memphis, and New Orleans couldn't.... but the YMCA team can.

Here's the thing, offense gets the credit and Lebron has been amazing. Historic, in fact. I'm taking nothing away from his performance, but his teams defensive performance has been incredible.

Cleveland got to play with a loser whistle than Golden State tonight. Cleveland took advantage of it on the glass. Even on the final play of the game, the Warriors had a man in position to get the offensive rebound and tip it in but LeBron slid under the guy when he was in the air and took his legs out.

The Warriors strategy of "Just let Lebron get his, he can't always score this much" is awful.  They should be forcing the Cav's other players to beat them.  Even if you force Lebron to go from 40 points to 28-32 points a game, the Warriors will win games.

I disagree.  GS is killing themselves right now too. LeBron has gone into beast mode though, very fun to watch.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

The Warriors strategy of "Just let Lebron get his, he can't always score this much" is awful. They should be forcing the Cav's other players to beat them. Even if you force Lebron to go from 40 points to 28-32 points a game, the Warriors will win games.

It's next to impossible to stop Lebron. Even if you try to stop him they'll call fouls on you all game. Your options are basically to let him kill you on the perimeter or risk foul trouble for whomever has to D him up.

• Like 1

YMCA squads can shut down the NBAs best offense. Houston, Memphis, and New Orleans couldn't.... but the YMCA team can.

Here's the thing, offense gets the credit and Lebron has been amazing. Historic, in fact. I'm taking nothing away from his performance, but his teams defensive performance has been incredible.

This. And despite that incredible defense, the Warriors storm back with only half their dynamic backcourt. There's no way this series is over, especially after the fact GS was down 2-1 earlier in the playoffs in a similar situation against a team that was bigger then them as well.

2-3 minutes extra in the fourth quarter and there's just as good a chance of this series being 2-1 Warriors. Literally, I totally expect to see GS come out just as desperate in Game 4 as they were in that last quarter..

I have no idea what this means. I doubt you do either, which is the tragic part.

Your usual 0 Madden Awareness is even stronger than whatever you said. Not rooting for the Cavs.

Never change lol

Heat fan, nuff said'  And you are smart.  You get it.  B)

Nah....that's probably it for David Lee. I was glad he got to make a cameo though.

Barnes and Green have been abysmal so far. Just dreadful.

You really think they'll glue him back on the bench and go back to Bogut next game for big minutes?

You really think they'll glue him back on the bench and go back to Bogut next game for big minutes?

No....the lineup they want is Curry, Klay, Iggy, Green and Barnes. That's probably the scariest 5 in the league. But Green and Barnes have been so terrifyingly awful that Kerr went with Lee...and it kind of worked for a bit. But they can't defend with that lineup and Lee at this stage is not going to be the guy to fix their defensive rebounding problems.

I think Kerr had the "Ten Minutes of David Lee" option in his back pocket for this series, and he's used it now.

I've been wrong about everything else in this series though.

My major takeaway from this game is that Lebron's stamina is completely otherworldly. I'm not sure I've ever seen a guy in any team sport who has ever been asked to carry this heavy a load on this large a stage.

James secures the win by hitting two free throws. Can't wait to see what terrible Skip Bayless RT appears on my timeline.

This is going to shock you, but Skip thinks the scrappy white guy is the MVP of this series so far.