Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

To me, Lebron is an undisputed top-5 player.  If he carries the Cavs to the championship this year, under the current circumstances, then yea...you have to put him in the discussion for GOAT.  If they lose, I still think he'll wind up being the 2nd best player in NBA history when he decides to hang 'em up. 

I definitely take back the statement I threw out before the series started, that Curry was the best player in the series.  I wonder if Curry is ever going to be in the class that LeBron has reached.  Even if they were comparable scorers (which I'm not sure they are, LeBron has done a much better job creating opportunities for himself this series), Curry doesn't make anywhere near the impact that LeBron does as a facilitator and rebounder.  And he's not the mature, fully-formed superstar and leader that LeBron is.  He spends a lot of time out on the court, making no impact for the Warriors.

What makes this series interesting is that last night didn't feel like a fluke.  It felt like the better team won.

To me, Lebron is an undisputed top-5 player.  If he carries the Cavs to the championship this year, under the current circumstances, then yea...you have to put him in the discussion for GOAT.  If they lose, I still think he'll wind up being the 2nd best player in NBA history when he decides to hang 'em up. 

That's where I'm at but we have a long series to go and Cleveland may've just given them their best punch with everyone telling them it was over minus Kyrie. 

Nope, he obviously played with a hell of a cast. But I think naturally gifted passers do more to elevate others than naturally gifted scorers.

I think what he did at Indiana State is proof he could elevate average players.

You cannot go by college. Hell, Carnelo elevated average players in Syracuse and won a National Title.

• Like 1

I definitely take back the statement I threw out before the series started, that Curry was the best player in the series.  I wonder if Curry is ever going to be in the class that LeBron has reached.  Even if they were comparable scorers (which I'm not sure they are, LeBron has done a much better job creating opportunities for himself this series), Curry doesn't make anywhere near the impact that LeBron does as a facilitator and rebounder.  And he's not the mature, fully-formed superstar and leader that LeBron is.  He spends a lot of time out on the court, making no impact for the Warriors.

What makes this series interesting is that last night didn't feel like a fluke.  It felt like the better team won.

Curry is a fantastic passer but right now he is not letting the game come to him. He is trying to shoot his way out of a slump which is not the best idea. I could understand Reggie Miller doing that because he couldn't do anything else but Curry can dish the basketball.

He did. He didn't like to because he thought it was showing off. Supposedly.

Got film?

And it would've been on his part...he'd give his very best effort to find a different way for the score to happen if it wasn't his own, and you know it.

Btw, if there's another player with that same selflessness, show thyself.

Edit: until I find a better mouse, I'm kinda screwed, and not by a mouse

Edited by skinsmarydu

Nope, he obviously played with a hell of a cast. But I think naturally gifted passers do more to elevate others than naturally gifted scorers.

I think what he did at Indiana State is proof he could elevate average players.

Jordan was a great and willing passer.  It was his role in Chicago to finish plays and score.  Very similar to LeBron's role in this series actually.  Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright and Dennis Rodman were not scoring.  And Pippen was a pass first player.  He wasn't playing with Worthy and Kareem or McHale and Parish.  It was up to Jordan to create offense and finish it.

It all depends on the team construction around the player to determine what you need most to contend.  For some teams, they have the defense and rebounding and passing in their role players and what they need is an alpha scorer.  And Jordan was the ultimate alpha scorer.  He was a dominant all around player.  Plus a fanatical competitor and tremendous leader.  If you're doing an All Time draft to build a contender from scratch, you pick him first.  Kareem and Russell second and third in some order, I go back and forth there.  Then I think it gets interesting.  I think I would actually go LeBron four and then Magic five and Bird six.  It's hard to place LeBron on the All Time list before his career is over, but I think I'm putting him fourth right now.  I feel like he passed Bird in 2012 or 2013, and I'm at the point where I think he's currently passing Magic.  What makes LeBron special is how good of a chameleon he is.  He can play a variety of roles at an elite level and be whatever his team needs.  In Miami he was this interesting mix of Bird and Magic because he played with other HoF scorers.  For this Cleveland team, he's Jordan, using like 50% of their possessions and just relentlessly searching for his shot.  That gives you the ability to build a variety of constructions around him that is uniquely valuable.  Magic was a better ball handler and facilitator and Bird was a better rebounder and scorer, but LeBron is better at doing all of those things combined.

I'm glad these sorts of things can change based on one game.

I'm glad we are rating top five players today. That's a truly unexplored topic on this thread.

oh, lkb, there's a race thread somewhere that's calling your name. check the pool party discussion in the cops that need to be fired thread. :)

i would've said that long before this series started. i don't base that statement off one game.

No.

No reason for it. Stay with me here. No reason.

I get that you are just teasing...some people unfortunately won't.

If you got beef...take that elsewhere or go full blast.

Side note: Full blast is entertaining, yet usually not productive.

He did. He didn't like to because he thought it was showing off. Supposedly.

The guy that once shot free throws with his eyes closed or left handed for fun when bored during games on road trips was worried about dunks showing off?

That tells me he couldn't do it very well so he didn't and gave that reason.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man