Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lol, damn. Shaq in his second season, first triple double of his career, had a game with the Magic with 24 points, 28 boards and 15 blocks. Beastly.

But yeah, I agree with Chuck. The Uni is going to be an absolute star. Might just be #3 behind LeBron and Durant. And sooner rather than later.

And Kosher, I'll see if I can't find something about how long Randle might be out. They might not know until they get a better look at what kind of damage he's done. If it's just bone, just a fracture, you're right, might not be too bad. The way they were talking though, particularly Byron Scott in his postgame interview, doesn't sound too good man.

• Like 1

Here's vid of the injury for those who missed it. It's not gruesome or anything, why the announcers thought he had just turned his ankle at first

http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/2014/10/29/0021400003-hou-lal-randles-injury.nba/index.html

GIF...

ElegantPossibleArabianhorse.gif

Really looks like he broke it by kicking himself right? Weird. Never seen that before.

This is too sad though...

Siera Santos

@sierasantos

Our photographer says Julius Randle's mom came through the tunnel in tears. Awful to see your son injured in his first NBA game. #lakers

Man..

Serena Winters

@serenawinters

Sad moment, watched Kobe Bryant cradle Julius Randle's head, as Randle said to Kobe, "[expletive] hurts man. It hurts"

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Thanks man. That sucks. Here I was thinking 3 months max.  

I have been reading reports about him being lazy with conditioning and such, I certainly did not expect that type of situation for a 19 year old kid.

Hell, when I was 19 I balled daily and never had something like that happen.

Somber news to wake up to for my transplanted home team. Randles development was the only bright spot after the return of Kobe. It was justbancouple seasons ago they were excited about championship contention with Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Gasol.

The love for Swaggy P cracks me up as well.

Randle was their first 1st round pick in 7 years - and we think Les Boulez are cursed... maybe this is the Phil curse?

He is basically on a one year deal with Cleveland....

So when will Lebron sign with New Orleans?

He is basically on a one year deal with Cleveland....

LOL....would love to see Lebron burn Cleveland again.  Obviously it would never happen, but that would launch Lebron in to my #1 spot for favorite athletes of all-time if he did that. 

LOL....would love to see Lebron burn Cleveland again.  Obviously it would never happen, but that would launch Lebron in to my #1 spot for favorite athletes of all-time if he did that. 

It makes you wonder why he would structure his contract like that. 

I'm not sure I really buy that LeBron wants to be a mentor for the young Cleveland players and bring a championship to his city blah blah. He's a hyper competitive guy who's now entering the mid stages of his career. If he doesn't win now, it won't be that easy in 3-4 years when there are better, younger players than him. 

If playing with Kyrie etc. isn't what it seemed like on paper, I think he may bolt again.

I'm not sure I really buy that LeBron wants to be a mentor for the young Cleveland players and bring a championship to his city blah blah. He's a hyper competitive guy who's now entering the mid stages of his career. If he doesn't win now, it won't be that easy in 3-4 years when there are better, younger players than him. 

If playing with Kyrie etc. isn't what it seemed like on paper, I think he may bolt again.

I read he structured his contract like that so he could sign a bigger deal once the TV Revenues were revealed.

I read he structured his contract like that so he could sign a bigger deal once the TV Revenues were revealed.

That's why he did it.

Although I wonder why he didn't just sign a max contract? Destino pointed out that those deals are a % of the total cap, so when the cap shoots up, the deal goes with it.

Maybe he thinks there is going to be a new CBA with some drastic changes? Maybe they'll change the way max contracts are structured.

He's not leaving Cleveland again. He said he wanted to raise his kids there.

Randle was their first 1st round pick in 7 years - and we think Les Boulez are cursed... maybe this is the Phil curse?

No. Just no.

Lebron and other superstars want the max contract limit eliminated. The other players will be shining examples of stupidity if they let the players association fight for that. Guys like Parsons, Nene, Ariza, and other very good, but not star, players would be making much less if superstars are making 35-40 million.

The soft cap and tax isn't going anywhere. The owners don't want to be forced to spend more. Too many teams are already barely making money. NBA isn't the NFL. Many of the teams have legitimate arguments for needing to keep most of that new tv deal money.

Barring a catastrophic injury, or just being injury-plagued, I'm tellin' yall...when it's all said and done, we're going to look back at Anthony Davis' career and have him amongst the all-time greats of the sport.  I honestly would not be surprised if he adds 3pt range in his arsenal in the near future.  If that happens, you might be looking at someone who can be argued as the most complete player in NBA history. 

Lol, damn. Shaq in his second season, first triple double of his career, had a game with the Magic with 24 points, 28 boards and 15 blocks. Beastly.

But yeah, I agree with Chuck. The Uni is going to be an absolute star. Might just be #3 behind LeBron and Durant. And sooner rather than later.

I think he is there right now.   Lebron, Durant, Davis.  1-2-3.  

Can't think of anyone I would put above the Brow, not even CP3, Blake, Howard, Westbrook, Curry or Melo.  None of them.  

I read that he structured it that way to keep pressure on Cleveland management to improve the rest of the team.   He was stuck there for 7 years before while they surrounded him with zero talent and socked away all sorts of profits.  He wanted them to know that he could walk if they tried that again.  

I guess there are many possible interpretations.   

I think he is there right now.   Lebron, Durant, Davis.  1-2-3.  

Can't think of anyone I would put above the Brow, not even CP3, Blake, Howard, Westbrook, Curry or Melo.  None of them.

Davis isn't on the level of CP3 and Griffin yet. Those two are the best players at their positions and they power a true contender.

Davis is improving rapidly, but his team is going to have to start winning before he gets his crown. They've got some legit talent, they should win this season.

AD as talented physically as anyone but experience is required to win in the NBA and saying "top 3 right now" means the players that you'd trust to come up big in the playoffs this season. I'm not there yet with AD. I think Griffin is someone I could trust more in the post season to produce in big moments and not make the big mistakes or have games where he's just flat out bad. The NBA is very much a league where the regular season and the post season are different levels of education. Players have to learn to win in both, and perhaps as important, to keep themselves healthy.

AD is going to wow everyone this season because he's a physical freak entering his third year leap but he's very early in his development and he hasn't even made the playoffs yet. He hasn't seen the ways defenses in the post season beat players up and force them into uncomfortable situations. Hes going to be one if the best, but let's not crown him just yet.

• Like 1