Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Bennett?! They should have demanded Wiggins and Waiters. Bennett is horrible.

Bennett's season was almost as much of a wash as Porter's. an injured shoulder helped keep him out of shape early on, and once he was starting to find some confidence he got hurt again. Also, Mike Brown.

he showed up to Summer League in fantastic shape and looked liked he belonged in the league.

If I'm going to give Porter a second chance I can't write off Bennett.

I hope this puts a chip on the shoulder of the two dispassionate Canadian boys and they make Canada Jr fun to watch.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Bennett?! They should have demanded Wiggins and Waiters. Bennett is horrible.

I heard it was a three way trade and Thaddeus Young was headed for Minnesota with Wiggins. If that's the case, Flip actually got a respectable haul for Love. Bennett... eh. He desperately needs a change of scenery ASAP, maybe this can help him get his career on track. But I don't know that his situation in Minny makes a lot of sense either. What that team really needs now is a long, defensively oriented big man. That ain't Bennett.

Waiters wasn't a natural fit in Minny either IMO. They JUST drafted Zach LeVine and I think LeVine is actually a better talent. He and Wiggins will be the freakiest SG/SF combination in the league, more so than Ross & DeRozan. They can be like T-Mac and Vince Carter. Ricky Rubio is going to be throwing oops to those two all season. They're going to be absolutely deadly in the open court and they pretty much just need to run fast breaks non stop. Minnesota is going to be spectacularly fun to watch.

But beyond aesthetic value, I think Minny actually has a chance to build a winner out of a Rubio/Wiggins/LaVine/Pekovic core. Rubio is a fantastic defender and Wiggins can be elite too. LaVine certainly has the speed and length to eventually defend well. What they need is for Pekovic to kick out to PF if he can or have someone like Gorgui Dieng emerge as a legit defensive stalwart. Or they could trade for Larry Sanders or John Henson, who I think could give them that athletic, super long shot blocker to pair with Pekovic.

Not necessarily any super stars, but a lot of really good players. Kind of like how Denver was after the Melo trade. Although Wiggins could become a superstar if he lives up to his potential.

Also, once again, **** Cleveland. They do nothing but make ****ty hires, trades, signings, and draft picks, and somehow luck into a team with LeBron, Love, and Irving. **** them, I hope they never win ****. And **** the NBA lottery.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Bennett's season was almost as much of a wash as Porter's. an injured shoulder helped keep him out of shape early on, and once he was starting to find some confidence he got hurt again. Also, Mike Brown.

he showed up to Summer League in fantastic shape and looked liked he belonged in the league.

If I'm going to give Porter a second chance I can't write off Bennett.

I hope this puts a chip on the shoulder of the two dispassionate Canadian boys and they make Canada Jr fun to watch.

I don't know, I don't think it's the same with Porter. For one thing, Bennett is a failed #1 overall pick. That stain does not come out.

Second, Porter couldn't break the rotation for a team that was actually good and had two legit players in front of him. Bennett fell out of the rotation on a bad team with bad depth. A team that wanted him #1 overall.

Third, Porter is in a better situation right now. He's going to work into the rotation for a team that's pretty good and has a shot of making a deep playoff run. Bennett is going to another situation where there will be a lot of flux and instability for a little while, another place where he doesn't look like a natural fit.

And fourth, Porter is better IMO. I wouldn't have picked Bennett over Porter if he'd been there at three. The Cavs really made a bad reach with Bennett. I think Porter has what it takes to eventually turn into a good pro. I'm not sure Bennett does.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I actually like Bennett and want to see him succeed. And I am pulling for Minnesota now. Their fans deserve to root for a fun and quality team. Plus I want Minny to come out better than they were from this trade and make Love look like an asshole.

Also EMB, Porter is still going to be playing for the team and GM/HC that drafted him. That's very real career protection for him. They're invested him in a way that no other team can/would be.

Bennett lost that protection when his coach and GM were fired. And it's resulting in him being immediately dumped to another team, which will be another source of insecurity for him. He doesn't have anyone in a front office in his corner any more. I think he might get dealt a couple times like Thomas Robinson was. Bennett's career is going to be on thin ice now. All he can hope for is that he quickly ends up with a good team that offers him a good fit where he can finally start to develop like TRob did in Portland.

I hope he does stick somewhere and thrive. It's bad for the entire league when #1/#1 picks fail. And I watched Bennett a decent amount at UNLV. He's a very entertaining offensive player that could really be good for the league.

Good trade for Cleveland, because I thought that the Cavs would have to give up more assets to acquire Love.  Their bench is still intact and on paper is MUCH deeper than what he had in Miami. 

On the flip (no pun), Minnesota has two of the most athletic players in the league.  Can't wait to see a fast break with Lavine pushing the rock up and Wiggins flying down on the wing.  Could also work vice/versa. 

If you're going to rebuild, staring with a guy like Wiggins is incredible.  Good deal for both teams. 

I hope he does stick somewhere and thrive. It's bad for the entire league when #1/#1 picks fail. And I watched Bennett a decent amount at UNLV. He's a very entertaining offensive player that could really be good for the league.

Oh of course I don't think he is or ever was worth the #1 pick, I also don't think anyone in that draft, even Noel would ever live up to #1 status. Pretty much anyone going at the top would end up having a long, average to mediocre career along the lines of Joe Smith.

I do think he can be an effective stretch 4 on a team that really needs one now. They've got a lot of size and strength up front with Pek and Dieng, but they're going to miss having a forward who can hit the deep ball.

I see him becoming a 16/6 guy probably by the time he's on his 3rd team. Not a #1 guy, but a solid NBA contributor. I don't even think he'll be better than Porter, I just take issue with the idea that the book is written on him in a season where almost everything that could go wrong for him ended up happening.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

So how long before someone finds the secret reason every player wants to play in Cleveland?

Houston it's the taxes. (Ignore that stars are never beating down San Antonio or Dallas' doors to get some tax break)

LA has palm trees and beaches! It's a large media market! (Taxes suck, but suddenly that doesn't matter)

Miami has low taxes AND palm trees AND beaches! (media market size suddenly doesn't matter)

New York. No one actually wants to play there and they've been bad forever, but the media says that everyone actually deep down inside wants to play there. Or Chicago. This is obviously true because of those media markets. (Or wives that want reality shows)

Everywhere that free agents in the nba sign the bball media jumps on some reason other than the obvious. Something specific to the location ignoring the team almost entirely. So what it going to be for Cleveland?