Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lol, he can't win no matter what. I don't even like LeBron but seriously, he is going there because he wants to win the city a championship, not for ****ing PR, if he cared about PR he never would've left to begin with.

Leaving Cleveland was a PR move as well. It was all the antics that came with leaving Cleveland that landed him in PR hell. People were killing "King James" every year he did not win the ring.

GREAT letter penned by Lebron.  I wish the Cavs nothing but failure, but I wish Lebron individual succes because I like the guy.  Now that the Wizards are on the brink of being good, we gotta destroy the competition.  We (Wizards) were never competition for Miami, so I really didn't mind when they were winning championships.  Things are now different.  We ARE competion to any team fighting to come out of the East, Cavs obviously, included.  At the end of the day, I'm happy for Lebron because everything is coming full-circle for him....I just hope his team tanks. 

• Like 1

I have gained a lot of respect for LeBron after reading that letter.  He could've taken the "easy" way out and tried to find a way to equal MJ's 6 rings as quickly as possible.  Instead he cares too much about his hometown and wants to see them win a championship.  It has been 50 years.

This is the quick way to rings IMO. What's better in 2014: Wade and Bosh and a bunch of washed up old guys, or Kyrie and Love and a bunch of young very high draft picks?

Predict the Cavs starting 5 ...

PG: Kyrie Irving

SG: Dion Waiters

SF: LeBron James

F: Tristan Thompson

F: Anthony Bennett

6th Man: Andrew Wiggins

But realistically, when the dust settles, it will probably be:

PG: Kyrie Irving

SG: Dion Waiters

SF: LeBron James

F: Tristan Thompson

F: Kevin Love

6th Man: Ray Allen

I give Lebron respect for announcing this before going to Brazil. I still think he should've announced it when he made his decision, which was clearly earlier this week by how Riley and co. reacted and he moving his cars. 

But to the roster, Waiters and Irving hate each other so Waiters will likely be included in a trade with Wiggins to get Love. 

Pretty happy to see this, actually.  Didn't think I would be.

Hate the Heat.  I hate Miami and their fans.  Plastic city, plastic people, plastic fans.  How many hot women are you going to see wearing Heat jerseys from here on out?  Zero.  

I used to hate LeBron, now I've grown to appreciate him.  I can't say that I "like" him, but I respect him.  He's a damn good basketball player and he's learned to handle himself well over the years.  He's grown up.

He stays in the East so it sucks for Wizards fans but I don't mind a guy who wants to go back to his original team and try to lead some younger players to the promised land.   It's a better story than him going to a random team like LA, Houston, etc.  

Of course, ESPN has a giant boner right now.  It's gonna get old, quick.

Side note:  ESPN has to be pissed that SI.com got the story first :)

You apparently have forgotten how terrible cavs fans were with LeBron on their team.

• Like 2

So seriously what happens to Wade now?

The idea sort of was that Miami had brokered a deal with him that he'd opt out and then they'd give him a longer term deal that would give him about the same amount of money.

But there is no way I'd give him a longer term deal now.

Another thing...his FA "decision" was handled perfectly this time around.  His team did wonders.  They obviously learned from their mistakes. 

I just keep going back to his letter.  Beautifully written. 

Not to derail the thread, but the Redskins can learn a thing or two from whomever ran his PR team this time.

• Like 1

Leaving Cleveland was a PR move as well. It was all the antics that came with leaving Cleveland that landed him in PR hell. People were killing "King James" every year he did not win the ring.

It was not a PR move, the PR is a bonus.  A PR move implies he went there solely to make everyone like him, that's a bunch of bull.

I haven't read it yet, but SI has an exclusive from Lebron on why he's going back...

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

I swear to God this is just like the WWE.  He just cut the biggest face turn promo lol.  Excellent read though and it definitely has started to change my opinion of the guy (yet again) back to a positive one.  I don't want to hate when I'm watching one of the best players ever to play the game, I just really hated the way he handled everything in 2010 and some of the drama he created the past 4 years.

You apparently have forgotten how terrible cavs fans were with LeBron on their team.

Yeah, but it's somewhat understandable.  It's ****ing Cleveland.  They get dumped on left and right, they never win anything, they've had their hearts ripped out numerous times.  So when the kid that gets picked on finally has something go his way, he gets a little ****y.  

So seriously what happens to Wade now?

The idea sort of was that Miami had brokered a deal with him that he'd opt out and then they'd give him a longer term deal that would give him about the same amount of money.

But there is no way I'd give him a longer term deal now.

Not sure what Wade was thinking by opting out.  Left 40m's on the table....

Not to derail the thread, but the Redskins can learn a thing or two from whomever ran his PR team this time.

Agreed.  Things couldn't have gone worse for Lebron's camp in 2010, but in 4 years, he repaired his image and did a 180. 

I swear to God this is just like the WWE.  He just cut the biggest face turn promo lol.  Excellent read though and it definitely has started to change my opinion of the guy (yet again) back to a positive one.  I don't want to hate when I'm watching one of the best players ever to play the game, I just really hated the way he handled everything in 2010 and some of the drama he created the past 4 years.

I started to like Lebron after the first title win. Seemed like he was maturing and whatnot. It was the fake Heat fans that got on my nerves. 

With that being said, one playoff series against the Wizards would rekindle that fire ASAP. 

• Like 1

The reason he's going back to Cleveland is because they can form another super team there. If Miami could have and Cleveland had nothing going for them, he would have stayed in Miami.

But Irving + the ability to trade for Love, that's pretty damn good. Add in the prodigal son story line and the ability to try and win a championship for the home state, it was a strong choice. Then add to the fact that DWade and all of their role players got old and Bosh isn't the player he was any more either plus Miami's big additions were signing Danny Granger to the BAE and McRoberts with the MLE...

Cleveland was actually better for basketball reasons than Miami.

What's more, Irving and Love are younger than LeBron. He can spend the rest of his career in Cleveland without ever having to worry about his key teammates getting old.

Right, but he handled it the way it should have been handled.  It's pretty simple, teams either care and try to acquire as much star talent as the cap will allow and surround the super stars with depth  or they don't care and piddle fart around and lose super stars.  

He let the team who was putting players into place, building from the draft make him an offer and provided him with a better opportunity.  He didn't meet with any players (other than Wade/Bosh) this time, he let his agent do his job and made the best decision for him and his family.  He seems like he is finally starting to "get it".