Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

This China stuff is hilarious. Twitter is not allowed in China. This is the Chinese government telling the NBA to have a seat. The NBA ain’t about that life so they will fall back, but Chinese people are absolutely not creating a ruckus about this if they even know it’s happening.

A lot of those accounts were started last week.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

where was the rest of the team? he had a free lane to the basket

I didn't realize that was in the middle of the game.  I thought he was just screwing around after a stoppage in play.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man that's like some country ass mid 80's SEC tournament catchphrase. Good god. 

Makes sense.  Many a trailer yard in Georgia in the 80's got a touch of class from setting up a croquet court in the front.

• Haha 3

This China situation has been ugly for the NBA.  Uglier for China.  Stuff like this is a reminder their government is dog**** barbarians.  They're not evolved enough to be a decent partner to an iconic American brand like the NBA.  I don't like seeing the NBA kowtow to them though.  They made a calculation that their response wouldn't really change fan behavior in the US, they're probably right.  But NBA fanhood is much more tenuous than the fanhood for the other leagues because it's so incredibly Q rating sensitive and the massive base of front runner fans don't build the same kind of loyalty to teams and the league that you see in the other three sports.

• Like 2