Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I live in the greater LA area and they seriously are talking about signing Dwight Howard? Is it me or did he just sit out the Wizards season?

Actually he averaged 12/9?? Why didn't he play more?

he broke his butt bone and then got caught up in a trans scandal :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27485035/kobe-nothin-love-shaq-drama

The duo that won three consecutive championships together were trending after a quote that Bryant made during an appearance at the PHP Agency convention in Las Vegas surfaced this week. On July 29, Bryant said he could have had "f---ing 12 rings" and that O'Neal would be "the greatest" had he spent more time in the gym.

"He'd be the greatest of all time, for sure," Bryant said. "He'd be the first to tell you that. This guy was a force like I have never seen. It was crazy. A guy at that size, generally guys at that size are a little timid and they don't want to be tall, they don't want to be big.

I don't disagree with Kobe.  I mean, maybe not 12, but more than he had.  

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27485035/kobe-nothin-love-shaq-drama

I don't disagree with Kobe.  I mean, maybe not 12, but more than he had.  

bonding over dwight howard hatred is not something i saw coming

vince mcmahon couldn't write this ****

Edited by StillUnknown

There's a movie about Shaq and Kobe meeting in LA several years after. It's played on nbatv but you can find it on YouTube. 

Like the Lakers or not it's a pretty good movie. It's just the two of them reminiscing. Kobe tells Shaq that he was disappointed in his work ethic. 

It's great to see them reunite and talk about the Glory days. I'd highly recommend it. One of the Best parts of the movie is when Shaq and Kobe mooned the Kings crowd as they left Arco after game 7. Kobe also says that seeing Shaq win rings in Miami motivated him to get his in LA. 

I remember growing up that was a huge thing, The Kobe Shaq relationship,so seeing them mend fences and talk honestly like two long lost brothers was great.

Edited by ixcuincle

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Shaq is buddha.  He lives a next level existence that Kobe, with all of his worldly hunger, will never understand.  Phil Jackson will toil his entire life to achieve Shaq's zen.

Those General Insurance commercials must be a whole lot deeper than I’m seeing.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Those General Insurance commercials must be a whole lot deeper than I’m seeing.

They're koans about the state of entropy and flux in the universe, and how that fundamental uncertainty trickles down to our worldly, quotidian struggles.  We must ask ourselves, how can surety exist in such a natural state of chaos?

How can a thing be both icy and hot?  Shaq is showing us that, through the application of Hegelian dialectics, we can intuit that surety and chaos are the same.  There is no longer a point where one ends and the other begins.

We can glean much of Shaq's coy wisdom from careful study of his teachings.  But to truly follow him down his path to enlightenment, we must walk in his size 22s.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They're koans about the state of entropy and flux in the universe, and how that fundamental uncertainty trickles down to our worldly, quotidian struggles.  We must ask ourselves, how can surety exist in such a natural state of chaos?

How can a thing be both icy and hot?  Shaq is showing us that, through the application of Hegelian dialectics, we can intuit that surety and chaos are the same.  There is no longer a point where one ends and the other begins.

We can glean much of Shaq's coy wisdom from careful study of his teachings.  But to truly follow him down his path to enlightenment, we must walk in his size 22s.

What the **** do you do for a living?  Honestly.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What the **** do you do for a living?  Honestly.

I'm a painter and do some basic contracting work too.  I've thought about stopping and trying to teach middle or high school instead, but starting over is hard and I make decent money painting and my body doesn't really hurt that bad yet.  I've done a lot of random jobs though.  Everything from writing grant bids for a non profit to landscaping to catering to door to door sales.  Such is the life of a person who graduated from college in the spring of 2008 with a lot of debt, no connections, and an unmarketable degree.

Being a spiritual guru is just a hobby for me.

• Like 2

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm a painter and do some basic contracting work too.  I've thought about stopping and trying to teach middle or high school instead, but starting over is hard and I make decent money painting and my body doesn't really hurt that bad yet.  I've done a lot of random jobs though.  Everything from writing grant bids for a non profit to landscaping to catering to door to door sales.  Such is the life of a person who graduated from college in the spring of 2008 with a lot of debt, no connections, and an unmarketable degree.

I thought you were, like, 60. 

Jokes aside, Shaq is Buddha.  I got the analogy and I agree.  

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Damn we got a lot in common

My spiritual brother, respect to you sir

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

As usual, Steve is right.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought you were, like, 60. 

Jokes aside, Shaq is Buddha.  I got the analogy and I agree.  

You're not the first person who has thought that.  Mr Sinister thinks that I'm a vampire who was turned in the colonial days.  I swear, make one loyal toast to good King George in a bit of pot valiant chirk and you'll never hear the end of it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You're not the first person who has thought that.  Mr Sinister thinks that I'm a vampire who was turned in the colonial days.  I swear, make one loyal toast to good King George in a bit of pot valiant chirk and you'll never hear the end of it.

That's a creative mind right there.  Ain't that right @Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I mean you have not proven him wrong

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Such is the life of a person who graduated from college in the spring of 2008 with a lot of debt, no connections, and an unmarketable degree.

WTF we're the same age? I thought you'd be like in your 50s LOL.

And its more like such is the life of someone who didn't study a proper major. :P