Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Our starting line up is Kemba Walker, Donovan Mitchell, Harrison Barnes, PJ Tucker, and Brook Lopez?

That's not even a playoff team in the NBA.

Walker and Mitchell are ballers and I believe D'aaron Fox is on the team too.

But man those starting 3-5...really?

Back in 2004 I remember tripping because guys like Carlos Boozer were in the team.  Now our starting power forward is PJ Tucker.

What happened to team USA?  For a minute there I was hoping that the FIBA world championships would catch on and become like the World Cup, but that is never going to happen without a higher profile competition.

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Somebody got a voodoo doll of that man and is putting in work

I wouldn't be surprised if the injuries are connected.  I bet something happened to him when he was a young athlete in his teens.  That ESPN story about basketball wrecking the joints of kids as young as 11 years old comes to mind in a situation like this.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the injuries are connected.  I bet something happened to him when he was a young athlete in his teens.  That ESPN story about basketball wrecking the joints of kids as young as 11 years old comes to mind in a situation like this.

He is a big dude. Might just be wear and tear. 

All things considering it’s amazing Shaq lasted as long as he did at that size. He is an incredible athlete. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Somebody got a voodoo doll of that man and is putting in work

This reminds me of a quote I recently read. 

“Here.’ I held out a silver crown between two fingers to take his mind off it. ‘You can have this coin, or, you can have the most valuable piece of advice I own, something a wise man once told me and I’ve never shared.’ ‘Well?’ I asked.

Hennan furrowed his brow, staring at the coin, then at me, then at the coin. ‘I’ll…’ He reached out, then pulled his hand back. ‘I’ll … the advice.’ He blurted it out as if the words pained him.

I nodded sagely. ‘Always take the money.’ Hennan”
Mark Lawrence, The Liar’s Key

Boogie took a small deal to prove he could get back to 100% and win a chip.  Accomplished neither.  Bet on himself again taking a vet min deal with the lakers... and his knee blew out. 

As Nerlens Noel learned the hard way, less than max money isn't nearly the worst thing that can happen. 

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Combine that with his size and weight.  He's not like, fat Shaq, but he's a big dude.  It could be a culmination of things, wouldn't be surprised.

I like Boogie, was looking forward to seeing what he could do with the Lakers this year.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Even he quit the team.  This has gotten shameful.

Makes me wonder if something is going on behind the scenes.  Maybe players are unhappy with team USA for some reason or teams have strongly discouraged participation. 

• Like 1

All this talk of Book wanting to be single guarded in pickup games. I agree. 

I wish somebody would would guard me 1on1 during a game. I mean all they usually do is just leave me standing alone on the 3pt line and call me Duke and just let me bomb away to my heart’s content. Sometimes it feels like the Defense is playing 5 on 4. 

Interesting strategy...

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man