Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lakers ain’t beating the Clippers. Too deep. Harrell is a monster. Lou Will, Patrick beverly. They are deep. 

Agreed, LeBron came out west with his "formula" and ain't winning nothing but humble pie.  Where's the fast forward button, I'm ready.

This may sound crazy for a team with LeBron and AD, but think about it... Considering the pieces they have around them and the talent the rest of the West has, I don't think the Lakers are a top four team.

Clippers

Nuggets

Warriors

Jazz

Rockets

Lakers

Blazers

Spurs

I'd seed em like this right now.  That's the strongest playoff list I've ever seen. 

Just now, No Excuses said:

So who is trading for Russell Westbrook?

Knicks should. Why not? 

• Like 2

Some thoughts on this signing and trade:

Kawhi has replaced LeBron as the most powerful player in the league.  Who saw that coming?  He ended Miami's dynasty, ended San Antonio's relevance, won Toronto a ring, ended Golden State's dynasty, ended another Lakers dynasty before it got started, and he's about to get the Clippers a championship too.  This robotic basketball savant has an incomparable will and he will end up being one of the most impactful players in league history.  But yeah, MVP voters gave the award to Westbrook in 2017 because "hey look, round numbers!"  I knew that **** wasn't going to age well.

I enjoy the fact that he strung the Lakers along long enough that they missed out on a lot of the best role player free agents.

As Still said, Kawhi's people run a tight ship.  But they are also smart as Hell.  This was his best move:

1 - Who wants to go play for a team where LeBron runs things and is going to get their coach fired in the first season.  Not Kawhi.  Kawhi buys in.  He likes order and planning, not chaos.  He's going to go play for one of the best coaches in the league instead.

2 - But Kawhi also wants control.  He could never force Ujiri to make that trade for Paul George.  Ujiri has a **** ton of house money after last season and he will now always be the dominant figure in the Raptors franchise.  But Kawhi had the leverage to control the Clippers.

3 - Kawhi's people wanted detailed plans on who everyone was going to get on their rosters in order for him to make his decision.  They based their decision heavily on basketball reasons.  They're smart.  And the Clippers already have a fully built roster of high quality role players, plus great coach, plus great GM.  And now two MVP caliber forwards.  It is the best basketball situation to load manage him and make playoff runs with.

4 - Kawhi wanted a long term deal and long term stability.  You could get that deal with the Lakers, but never the stability.  Not with LeBron.  And not with a clown like Pelinka running the show.  The condition of his quadriceps muscle is a degenerative disease.  He needed to find a place to finish his career instead of team-hopping and ring-chasing like LeBron and Durant.  He's not going to be able to play as much as them.

5 - He gets to go home to LA without being in LeBron's shadow.  This move accomplished everything he set out to do.  Congratulations to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Pat Beverley still there to do what he does. Lou Will still giving you instant bench offense. Montrez Harrell

Yo the clippers gonna be a monster

Philly's best hope is that the west beats the hell out of each other before the finals lol

Milwaukee is good too.  So is Indy.  I think any of those three could make it out of the East.  But they wouldn't be the favorite against powerful Clippers or Jazz teams.  And the Warriors and Lakers aren't going anywhere either.

The Clippers depth of talent is solid, but it got hollowed out from last season due to these trades and some free agent losses.  Probably going to have an 8-9 man rotation: Kawhi, George, Beverly, Lou, Harrell, Zubac, Harkless, McGruder, Shamet.  That is arguably the best 8-9 man group in the NBA on paper, although Utah's looks close.  But they can't really afford to have any of them be hurt come playoff time.

PG: Lou, Beverly

SG: McGruder, Shamet, Robinson, Thornwell

SF: Kawhi, George

PF: Harkless

C : Harrell, Zubac, Kabengele

They also still have Sindarius Thornwell.  He hasn't developed, but he was a hell of a player at South Carolina.  Junk yard dog defender who took them to the Final Four.  Jerome Robinson is kind of interesting too.  So between those two and Shamet and McGruder, they have a bunch of young guys at shooting guard, some of whom who could end up being better than expected.

They're set at center with three high quality long term options.  To the point where it might be smart to deal someone for help at PG or forward.  This is the position where they can live with an injury.

I think they need another rotation-worthy forward, and I'm not sure if that's JaMychal Green.  He's expensive for what he brings to the table.  If they have any free agency exceptions/moneys left, this is where that money should probably go.  I get that George and Kawhi are their best players and that they can just go with two small forwards instead of a power forward since they're such good defenders and rebounders for their position.  But playing power forward wears guys down.  Harkless is shaky.

They also don't have a viable PG on the roster behind Beverly and Williams and those guys are over 31 and 33.  And they're small.  This is another spot they might need to improve.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@McQueen, he drove the final nail into LeBron's rung chasing career, thats the part I like best. It's over, and it's over because of one guy. 

And he deserves it. 

It might not be over though.  LeBron holds his teams back some by not buying in and facilitating continuous front office and coaching instability.  But him + Anthony Davis is still a championship caliber foundation.   I'm not burying his career yet.  I can easily see the Lakers finding a decent mix of vet role players to get them to the playoffs as a respectable seed and then him and Davis going on a Super Saiyan playoff run where they each average 30 & 10 en route to a championship.

But he is going to have to earn that LA ring now instead of coasting to it.

On the other side of the Paul George trade, I love this deal for the Thunder.  What a friggin haul.  Kudos to them for realizing they didn't have the horses to beat the teams at the top of the West and doing something to secure their future competitiveness in an era for them where Westbrook is going to decline soon.  That Paul George trade worked out incredibly well for them.

Four unprotected firsts, two first round swaps, and Shai-Gilgeous-Alexander.  That is awesome.  I am really hoping the Wizards can pull something like that off with Beal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Lakers giving Danny Green 2yrs & 30mil

That feels like a very large overpay based on his postseason run.  Guys like Avery Bradley are going to be out there on the market, he's younger, and i bet he's going to be a lot cheaper.

Lakers are building by buying high and selling low.  They're getting clowned by every front office they're dealing with.  They have lots of good people working in that organization, but they have a serious leadership issue.

For God's sake even the Wizards, the Wizards, have taken advantage of their desperation and instability to pilfer young talent off of them.

That is a sign that an intervention is necessary.  The Jeannie Buss, Magic, Pelinka triumvirate has been a disaster and they've wasted much of the good work that their career front office people have done.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

ended Golden State's dynasty

But yeah, MVP voters gave the award to Westbrook in 2017 because "hey look, round numbers!"  I knew that **** wasn't going to age well.

But Kawhi also wants control.  He could never force Ujiri to make that trade for Paul George.  Ujiri has a **** ton of house money after last season and he will now always be the dominant figure in the Raptors franchise.  But Kawhi had the leverage to control the Clippers.

Most of what you said is good but your hot take went a little off the rails on these three points. 

1. KD’s Achillies

2. Westbrook was a worthy mvp

3. Jerry West. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Most of what you said is good but your hot take went a little off the rails on these three points. 

1. KD’s Achillies

2. Westbrook was a worthy mvp

3. Jerry West.  

1 - Leveled the playing field.  Kawhi still earned that championship by outplaying Curry.

2 - Putting up gimmicky counting stats on a mediocre team didn't make Westbrook worthy of winning MVP over Kawhi that year.  He should have been third in voting behind Kawhi and Harden.  Kawhi should have won it.  He adhered much better to the historic norms of the award and he is a flat out better player than Westbrook.

3 - Bent over for Kawhi in a way that Ujiri never would have.

Thank you, Kawhi!!  This is the absolute best news of the off-season.  

The King might end up being overshadowed in his own city by The Humble.   

Cloud 9 right now.   :)

download_20190706_071154.jpg.0fc6d8c609cb529e9da557438d6b946b.jpg

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

1 - Leveled the playing field.  Kawhi still earned that championship by outplaying Curry.

2 - Putting up gimmicky counting stats on a mediocre team didn't make Westbrook worthy of winning MVP over Kawhi that year.  He should have been third in voting behind Kawhi and Harden.  Kawhi should have won it.  He adhered much better to the historic norms of the award and he is a flat out better player than Westbrook.

3 - Bent over for Kawhi in a way that Ujiri never would have.

The Clippers landed “the most power player in the NBA” and PG without sacrificing any depth and somehow that’s Jerry West bending over for KL?  If Ujiri was given the opportunity to make the same move and didn’t, that speaks to Ujiri making a terrible decision. I suspect he would’ve jumped at the chance to make the same move and Toronto would’ve repeated. 

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

So which contender is going to get Love out of Cleveland?

The Cavs and the Wiz should both be very happy right now. A couple of teams should be thinking about needing Love or Beal to win it all and make huge offers.

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The Clippers landed “the most power player in the NBA” and PG without sacrificing any depth and somehow that’s Jerry West bending over for KL?  If Ujiri was given the opportunity to make the same move and didn’t, that speaks to Ujiri making a terrible decision. I suspect he would’ve jumped at the chance to make the same move and Toronto would’ve repeated. 

Steve is a bitter nba fan. Idk any other way to describe it at this point. He should take a season break from the league.

Any scenario that doesn’t make the wizards better he hates and thinks the league is out of control.

• Haha 1