Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Russell isn't as good as people think.  He doesn't finish well at the rim or get to the FT line, and he's not a good defensive player

He's a classic get points in bad teams or in games that don't matter player.

Sixers problem is now the same problem that it has been going back to them making the move up to get Fultz.  They need somebody that can play PG (as a backup to Simmons) always and somebody to be the primary ball handler in half court high pressure situations.

Butler filled that role for them.  They are back to having a hole there.

(Unless Simmons shooting is going to take a huge jump before next season.)

I think the Horford contract is going to age okay.  He's not a guy that relies a ton on athleticism.  They are going to have to manage his minutes.  He also fills a role in showing the younger players what it takes to compete in the NBA, that they lost with Butler and Reddick.  Embiid and Simmons still have some growing to do so having Horford around should help.

Horford improves them simply by not being on a different team in the east. Horford has had pretty good success defending Embiid. Now they wont have that problem.

Horford's game is unspectacular, but he also has no holes. He's simply going to make the right play at the right time

Tbf Russell just turned 23 a few months ago. He seems like someone who is improving every year and that was worth the gamble for GS.  Or he may be traded in a year or two for other complimentary parts to go with a healthy Klay and and Steph. Who knows. Hard for me to backseat drive that franchise since they've been relatively successful as of late. 

Dumping Iggy on Memphis though was more shocking to me.

Edited by The Evil Genius

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf Russell just turned 23 a few months ago. He seems like someone who is improving every year and that was worth the gamble for GS.  Or he may be traded in a year or two for other complimentary parts to go with a healthy Klay and and Steph. Who knows. Hard for me to backseat drive that franchise since they've been relatively successful as of late. 

Dumping Iggy on Memphis though was more shocking to me.

I like that move for Memphis. They're building a nice young squad, iggy's leadership could help them long term

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I like that move for Memphis. They're building a nice young squad, iggy's leadership could help them long term

Iggy is a warrior (no pun). His contract # for next year doesn't match his production and skill but he's a good smart classy dude to have in the locker room and will likely be one of the few people to retire from the NBA with more money that he earned. He chose GS years ago so that he could learn from the silicon valley and has invested well (according to the stories I've read the past few years).

I think the Dubs will miss him but they do have vets still around (although I suspect Shaun Livingston retires this summer and moves into the front office). So it will be Dray, Steph, and Klay's team. Wonder if this means they extend Dray now?

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Iggy is a warrior (no pun). His contract # for next year doesn't match his production and skill but he's a good smart classy dude to have in the locker room and will likely be one of the few people to retire from the NBA with more money that he earned. He chose GS years ago so that he could learn from the silicon valley and has invested well (according to the stories I've read the past few years).

I think the Dubs will miss him but they do have vets still around (although I suspect Shaun Livingston retires this summer and moves into the front office). So it will be Dray, Steph, and Klay's team. Wonder if this means they extend Dray now?

Can the Warriors resign him if he is bought out? Seems like there is some tension between the two parties now. Or did the NBA make a rule to prevent teams from doing that like they used to do?

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can the Warriors resign him if he is bought out? Seems like there is some tension between the two parties now. Or did the NBA make a rule to prevent teams from doing that like they used to do?

Can't sign a player after trading them during the calendar year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like Iggy sleeps with the fishes

It's just a coincidence that he outed the dubs medical staff for bending the truth. 🙄 😁

His slot was needed though.

I do wonder though how much that is done in the NBA. All the time in hockey and other sports..

• Like 1

No **** to the first. Of course he's 2nd (hell maybe 3rd) favorite to Steph (and Klay). They brought success back to the Bay. Plus they are both largely accessible to the fans and media. KD is KD. No shame in that.

I'd be surprised if they move Russell before the season starts. I think they'll ride him this year and when Klay comes back in Feb/March/April figure out if he (Russell) fits or not.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They wouldn't be able to trade Russell until some time in December.

And it's nonsense, he fits. The Warriors needed another scorer, shooter, and ball handler. They got it.

Technically the trade hasn't been league approved right? So it could still be massaged and another team added. But yeah...I just don't see it. 

• Like 1