Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I'm with Jay Williams, if Kawhi signs with the Lakers that's a weak ass move.  It's one thing to bail on a loser franchise for a chance to win, it's another to jump off a championship parade and try to form a super team. 

4 hours ago, Destino said:

I'm with Jay Williams, if Kawhi signs with the Lakers that's a weak ass move.  It's one thing to bail on a loser franchise for a chance to win, it's another to jump off a championship parade and try to form a super team. 

Weak move, but he already proved that he can be the man.  Now it's just about piling on and getting more rings.  Dude just cares about winning, I don't think he really cares about how he goes about doing it.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Power of a brand. 

Only the Lakers biblically sacked city smoldering dumpster fire of a franchise could turn on a dime and do this.

Respect. I dont really see it as weak but its strange.  

Brand sure, but I think it's the Lebron brand more than the Laker brand at work here.  Talent has a gravity all it's own.  You saw it in Golden State when Durant left OKC.  You might see it now that AD and Lebron have joined forces.  All reports said Kawhi wanted to be a Clipper, but now doing so might leave him on the lesser LA team next season. 

This is why all the game jokes about how nobody wants to play for the lakers and it being a dumpster fire etc have always been ridiculous. This is why FA are always linked to them. 

Theyre the lakers. No matter how down they might be, they’ll always attract premier players and it only takes 1 to turn around the perception of a recent down era. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

All it takes is LeBron.  But LeBron could recruit a super team in Winnipeg, if they had an NBA team.  He and Rich Paul are the most powerful people in the sport.  Don't kid yourself, the Lakers are along for the ride with this, they're not the ones driving.

My point was even at the height of everybody’s jokes and lakers bashing, they still landed Lebron. They were still valuable to him and then the rest fell into place 

I don’t think Kawhi is going there but they’re still in the mix and always will be. And after Lebron it’ll be Davis and after Davis it’ll be someone else 

• Like 1

Stephen A is arguably the GOAT Hot Taker, and he's in the midst of his prime.  We should appreciate his run while it's happening, because it might be a while before we get someone else like it.

And it might be over sooner than we think.  The other day I was listening to his show and I got the feeling he is thinking about retiring.  He was talking about walking away to illustrate a point, but it felt like there was some truth there.  You have to wonder just how long a man can keep up the energy for his takes day in and day out.  I'm not just talking about showing up for playoff time or during a Lakers meltdown when everyone's going hard.  I'm talking about bringing the fire on a random Tuesday afternoon in the middle of February like an MVP.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Stephen A is arguably the GOAT Hot Taker, and he's in the midst of his prime.  We should appreciate his run while it's happening, because it might be a while before we get someone else like it.

And it might be over sooner than we think.  The other day I was listening to his show and I got the feeling he is thinking about retiring.  He was talking about walking away to illustrate a point, but it felt like there was some truth there.  You have to wonder just how long a man can keep up the energy for his takes day in and day out.  I'm not just talking about showing up for playoff time or during a Lakers meltdown when everyone's going hard.  I'm talking about bringing the fire on a random Tuesday afternoon in the middle of February like an MVP.

didn't he just reup with ESPN for somethin like 10mil a year?