RonArtest15

***2019-2020 NBA Season Thread***

Recommended Posts

Regardless of events leading up to that injury, Boston made right call getting rid of him instead of giving him some max contract after the injury. 

 

Instead of being able to walk away from the Kyrie mistake, they'd have one of the most toxic contacts in the NBA.  It's a business, loyalty matters but there is such thing as loyalty to a fault.

 

At the end of the day, IT was never the same player, he was so messed up Cleveland almost reconsidered the trade. He never would've been worth the contract he wanted, where is he even playing now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Regardless of events leading up to that injury, Boston made right call getting rid of him instead of giving him some max contract after the injury. 

 

Instead of being able to walk away from the Kyrie mistake, they'd have one of the most toxic contacts in the NBA.  It's a business, loyalty matters but there is such thing as loyalty to a fault.

 

At the end of the day, IT was never the same player, he was so messed up Cleveland almost reconsidered the trade. He never would've been worth the contract he wanted, where is he even playing now?

 

Seems like Davis is about to potentially make his life a living hell over some bs

 

Boston is infinitely the better siuation

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

I wonder what each team is going for, like what’s on the table?  

 

Why was LA basically told no way in hell and now back at the table?  

 

 

imagine having the chance to get AD and being like "we really like Kuzma tho"

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Seems like Davis is about to potentially make his life a living hell over some bs

 

 

Live and learn.  How much is that sunny Cali weather and espn glitz and glam worth when paired up with an aging LeBron and an exceptionally dysfunctional franchise?  Assuming he's forcing his way to LA and not Boston.

 

Priorities, I guess.  I'm assuming NoLa comes out of this with a nice player or two for year one of Zion and a horde of picks.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

 

imagine having the chance to get AD and being like "we really like Kuzma tho"

 

 

My ass they don't want to trade Kuzma, they've been trying since January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

I wonder what each team is going for, like what’s on the table?  

 

Why was LA basically told no way in hell and now back at the table?  

 

I think part of it is no one likes being the Lakers farm team, and, if im being honest,  no wealthy white man likes being immediately dictated to by two black men.... Two black men who wield a ton of power. I think they would go out of their way to make life difficult in that respect.

 

That, and they're LeBron's boys (and LeBron's paradigm shift angered every owner in every black dominated sport). It's a bit of all of that imo.

 

Atm, I think it's all business, because they want to win.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Were they supposed to keep him and pay him (after the nature of the injury was disclosed)? Would you, if your responsibility was to field the best team possible?

 

I mean, unless there was a heartless comment in there from Ainge and co, or they somehow mishandled his injury, im not seeing where the grievance is. He was a 3 ft tall offense or nothing player about to rake them over the coals contract wise, and that wouldve been fair.

 

Him being hurt, and them wanting to move on is also fair. The stuff with his sister seems like bad timing, but nothing more than something for the media to hammer them over.

 

 

At the end of the day, it's going to cost them Anthony Davis.  They have the assets to get him and they can't do it because they know they can't keep him.  Hindsight is 20/20, but I would have taken care of Isaiah Thomas if it was the difference between getting Davis and not getting him.

 

But at the end of the day, the lesson here is to treat your franchise players as partners and not commodities.  I think this situation demonstrates there is a risk to operating with ruthlessness like Boston did.  Star NBA players are very powerful and they have much more of a fraternal culture than other sports.  They're looking for teams that will prove their loyalty to them.  It's like the opposite of the NFL, where the owners collude and have all of the power.

42 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why was LA basically told no way in hell and now back at the table?   

 

Basically, Dell Demps got fired and David Griffin is the new GM.  Getting Zion also made it vastly easier for New Orleans to let Davis go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McQueen, I agree in theory, but in this specific case, it seems like the only way to "Treat him right" was to give him a max contract, despite his limitations and his injury.

 

It may cost them Davis, but to me, that seems more like an indictment of Davis than anyone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

I think part of it is no one likes being the Lakers farm team, and, if im being honest,  no wealthy white man likes being immediately dictated to by two black men.... Two black men who wield a ton of power. I think they would go out of their way to make life difficult in that respect.

 

That, and they're LeBron's boys (and LeBron's paradigm shift angered every owner in every black dominated sport). It's a bit of all of that imo.

 

Atm, I think it's all business, because they want to win.

 

No wealthy person likes being dictated by anyone but race had nothing to do with this. New Orleans would give AD the max this instant if he wanted to stay. They might’ve been pissed about the timing and the demand, but not cause he’s black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wanted to win this ring.  I understand why he did it, I would have done the same thing as him if I were in his position, and I don't blame his medical staff so long as they weren't negligent in their care.  Wall ruptured his Achilles by walking on his kitchen floor in socks.  This injury can happen with no way to predict or prevent it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nervous KD not going to be the same player going forward.  If he does miss all of next season, does he still get a max contract either from Warriors or someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nervous KD not going to be the same player going forward.  If he does miss all of next season, does he still get a max contract either from Warriors or someone else?

KD is still getting a max contract from

anyone that can afford it

 

He has to change his game tho. That first step won’t be the same and he won’t be as explosive as he used to be. He should play back to the basket more and be more a spot up shooter.

 

I still think he can average 25 ppg near his usual efficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Assuming everything goes well and there aren't complications, I think offensively he can still be fine and most people won't notice anything.  He might not get to the rim as much, but he has a nice mid-range game and replace some of the times he gets to the rim with pull up jump shots without any issues.  Maybe he sees a small dip in is FT.

 

Where it will matter (though many people will not notice) is on defense, especially weak side help defense or rotating.  Coming from space or off the ball, he's not going to challenge shots as well.

 

Unless something else happens, the market will bear that he'll get a max contract.

Edited by PeterMP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not worth it for the Bulls to take a one year rental. Davis WILL enter FA.

 

 

Are you talking about a one year rental in Solomon Hill?  I doubt they care less if he leaves after one season there.  If talking about Ball, he can be extended one more year for the 20/21 season before hitting restricted free agency, which the team can then match any offer.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That doesn't seem like enough of a return for the Pelicans unless they think the Lakers are going to be way worse than expected in 2020-2021, and Chicago's involvement really hinges on how much they think of Lonzo, and if there is someone they love at 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

If AD goes to Knicks I hope he fails. **** the Knicks 

You weren't even born when the Knicks were relevant......why the hate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You weren't even born when the Knicks were relevant......why the hate?

 

New Yorkers are reason enough to hate New York teams.   Especially, but not limited to, their sports fans.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Batman didn't need Robin, Mark.  Man, now I actually don't like that analogy for basketball anymore, he ruined it for me.

Edited by Renegade7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a Game 7.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Batman didn't need Robin, Marc.  Man, now I actually don't like that analogy for basketball anymore, he ruined it for me.

Batman needed Alfred more than anything. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.