Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The lakers game was crazy. Lakers were down 4 going into the 4th quarter and ended up winning by 13. The crazy part is that not a single starter for the lakers played a single minute in the 4th. The Clippers starting 5 got blown out in the final quarter by the Lakers bench.

Where do you play?

Yahoo.  Public league, didn't feel like having to make my own league.  I don't love the standard rules, but it's low hassle.

I loaded up on Bulls and Spurs this year.  Pretty much what I've done every year the past few years.  The only player anyone actually wants from those teams is Rose but they produce.

Rose went through and then landed on Battier and it was nothing. lol

Peter talked about it in the offseason, there is more contact allowed around the basket and on jump shots than ever.  I think the officiating is correcting the ease with which you should be able to get to the basket following the institution of defensive three seconds, the relaxation of illegal defense calls, and the banning of hand checking.

If you're a slasher, there will be several times a night you will get mugged on a shot and not get a call.  But at least you can't hand check players all of the way down the court any more.  That really sucked.  I hate seeing that in the college game too, where the ball handlers are much worse.

Peter talked about it in the offseason, there is more contact allowed around the basket and on jump shots than ever.  I think the officiating is correcting the ease with which you should be able to get to the basket following the institution of defensive three seconds, the relaxation of illegal defense calls, and the banning of hand checking.

If you're a slasher, there will be several times a night you will get mugged on a shot and not get a call.  But at least you can't hand check players all of the way down the court any more.  That really sucked.  I hate seeing that in the college game too, where the ball handlers are much worse.

Who was infamous for the hand checking before mid-court that got the rule implemented in the first place? Was it Marc Jackson?

Lack of scoring is going to kill the Bulls.  Didn't realize it until last night, but the loss of Nate Robinson is going to catch up with them at some point. 

Did you see the chart compiled of all of the players that were a part of the backcourt with Rose dating back to 2000... talk about a rude awakening it's been for Rose.

Lack of scoring is going to kill the Bulls.  Didn't realize it until last night, but the loss of Nate Robinson is going to catch up with them at some point. 

They got Rose back though, a far superior player.  He didn't play like himself last night, and he may not for a few weeks.  But eventually he'll be back and they'll be really hard to beat.  Butler and Gibson have come into their own as players and Boozer is still chugging along.

Rose, Butler, Boozer, Deng, Noah, Gibson is a pretty awesome group and Kirk Hinrich is a nice back up PG.  That top 7 is enviable.  Scoring won't be great, but it'll be pretty good and their defense will be awesome.

Stern screwed the Clippers by not letting the Kevin Garnett for Deandre Jordan trade go through when they got Doc Rivers. Jordan is so overrated it's not even funny. Some highlight plays here and there while having a low BBall IQ and poor fundamentals.

Joey Crawford as usual called a bunch of quick fouls on a Miami Heat opponent early in the game letting them take over once Noah and Deng had to sit early. 

Stern screwed the Clippers by not letting the Kevin Garnett for Deandre Jordan trade go through when they got Doc Rivers. Jordan is so overrated it's not even funny. Some highlight plays here and there while having a low BBall IQ and poor fundamentals.

Joey Crawford as usual called a bunch of quick fouls on a Miami Heat opponent early in the game letting them take over once Noah and Deng had to sit early. 

Jordan looked pretty good last night.  17 points (.800 fg%) 11 boards and 3 blocks is a very productive night.  The talk with him is that his defense has improved this offseason so I think they are hoping he can be their version Tyson Chandler.  I don't think he's got the mean streak in him needed to be that guy. 

I watched the game last night and I'm not sure DeAndre has a chance last night defensively.  The Lakers were running free all around him and every time he, correctly, rolled over to help on defense the ball was passed to the man he rolled off of (that no one picked up) and they scored an easy basket.  

Yeah watching them last night and the Pacers 18 blocks had me in heaven lol

Speaking of "having someone"....

His leg got caught up with Birdmans.  That doesn't count as breaking ankles.  

Stop it. Cole put Rose on skates.

He tripped because of Birdman's leg but he was already crossed at that point

He crossed him up, no argument there.  I'm just saying he wouldn't have fallen down without running into birdmans leg.  

Who doesn't love Barkley's playoff picks?

ku-bigpic.jpg

Edited by Destino

That crossover was absolutely sick. He shook Rose into the pick by birdman, so technically Cole did make Rose fall lol How about the Clippers tho, Xavier Henry straight wrecked them last night

Btw, whether you are a fellow Heat fan, or an admirer of Lebron, good luck here come playoff time. I probably won't be posting in here much anymore because I don't like having to torture myself, listening to idiots either take the tired, rehashed shots at the Heat, or Miami in general that I'm sure you're aware of, or constantly ****ing and moaning their lungs out over every call.

I guess its starting early this year lol