Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Good to see Rudy Gobert making the sort of defensive impact we’ve come to expect from him tonight.  He didn’t really look like a DMVP in the first two games.  

Harden is having one of his unfortunate signature post season games.  Didn’t hit a single shot in the first half.  Hopefully he gets this out of his system against Utah and shows up in every game against the Warriors.  

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Boston rounding into form at the right time?  Or a try hard Indy team finally falling back down to Earth?

Playoffs made Whittman competent because he got to coach defensive schemes against the same team 7 times in a row.  Stevens is smart enough to coach downhill like that times 10x, i just don't know if seven players in double figures matches up with Greek freak.  Irving need to go finals mode, only player that can match him if he goes for 40 or something.

Warriors unaffected by that collapse. Won yet again 🙄

People saying that they'll be tested in the west, well it's like they're on Mount Everest and everyone else is at base camp. People, the gap between GSW and the west is huge. 

I doubt it's because of LeBron. I think it's the fact that this past decade of NBA playoffs has been a bunch of mediocre teams that eventually get clubbed by the super teams. So what is the point in watching? I haven't tuned into a single game so far because why? We all know where this is headed.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I doubt it's because of LeBron. I think it's the fact that this past decade of NBA playoffs has been a bunch of mediocre teams that eventually get clubbed by the super teams. So what is the point in watching? I haven't tuned into a single game so far because why? We all know where this is headed. 

Cord cutting is a game changer for cable sports broadcasting.  The NBA is going to have to make in-market broadcast streaming available.  Period.

But I am also tired of the thinking that the NBA has to prominently feature a household name player in order to get people to watch.  It's not 1987 any more.  Sports fans like rooting for teams.  People don't want to watch a farce.  It really is that simple.  Legitimate, dynamic competition is what keeps a committed core of fans watching.

Can't realistically shorten the season or shorten playoff series to try and indirectly goose up competition.

Can't dissipate the impact that the best players have on the court.

The only way to induce competition is to diffuse player talent.  And the only way to do that is to fundamentally change the NBA's drafting and salary cap rules.  If the league doesn't do this, it's going to decline in popularity.

But which NBA decade didn't have a dominant franchise or franchises? Don't you have to go back to the 70s to find one?

The Dubs, Spurs, and Lakers have owned the league since 1999. Prior to that it was the Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers.

Maybe...just maybe more people have other things to watch and that's diluted the ratings.

Edited by The Evil Genius