Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

On tnt they just said he did not inform Jeanie Buss, so apparently he just quit without notice via press conference. If that’s true.. wow.  They still got them palm trees though.  Free agents love palm trees.

Im guessing tnt has that wrong.  Magic doesn’t seem like the guy to blindside the Lakers like that.  

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

On tnt they just said he did not inform Jeanie Buss, so apparently he just quit without notice via press conference. If that’s true.. wow.  They still got them palm trees though.  Free agents love palm trees.

Im guessing tnt has that wrong.  Magic doesn’t seem like the guy to blindside the Lakers like that.  

Thats exactly what he did, tho.

So what I am hearing on the radio is live. His PC is still going on... lots of stuff he hit on.

Paraphrasing:
He's not an NBA President, he has to make hard choices, its hard to hurt people you love. He said he loves Jennie and didn't have the heart to tell her in person.

He's a businessman, he likes to give back to the community, he likes helping people. He mentioned working out with Ben Simmons, how much he wanted to see Dwayne Wade play his last game.

He mentioned Nipsey and how Magic felt about the community and being at the funeral.

His businesses just got a lot of contracts and oppurtunities and it is hard to split his attention.

He made up his mind, prayed on it, has a monkey off his back. He's happy...

He feels like organization is going in right direction. 4th place when everyone got hurt...

Still going on, but I reached my destination, so can't share more.

I'll give Magic some credit. He pulled the plug before this really got ugly.

It would've been extra ugly if he stuck around for when the Lakers get absolutely no one to come to LA this summer.

Good luck finding someone to be LeBron's ****

Edited by Mr. Sinister

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It would've been extra ugly if he stuck around for when the Lakers get absolutely no one to come to LA this summer.

Yes, I think he saw the writing on the wall.  I was watching one of the talking head shows on ESPN yesterday before this all went down, they said it's going to be real hard to get someone of significance to come to the Lakers this offseason. 

That said, it's not like the Lakers did really well while Magic was there.   This is only a big story because it's the Lakers, Magic, LeBron.  The Lakers have been garbage for a long time, with and without Magic.  If this was an executive for the Suns, this would be a minor blip on the ESPN ticker.

Securing Lebron was the hard part, at least he did that.  Got Lebron and a ton of cap space, that's at least something to work with. I dont buy this idea people dont wanna play with Lebron. But there are no guarantees.  

This couldnt be more embarrassing for Magic.  Walking away is one thing, but he did it in the most numbskull fashion.   He looks like a complete buffoon.

Magic Johnson: “They talking about next year... and I’m over here saying I’m not gonna be here hahaha”

https://streamable.com/ev5wr

Edited by justice98

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

he ruined them and then left without making any attempt to fix his mess.  It's a mixed bag because he's a disaster at the job and there is no way he could have actually fixed the mess.  But he's revealed himself to be an incompetent asshole in the process.

But he did spare the team having to fire him.

It was such a horrifically bad hire.  The kind that brings Jeannie Buss's own competence into question.  The organization has gone to the dogs after Jerry Buss died.

• Like 1