Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Stephen A was in rare form on his show today.  You could hear his erection through the radio.

ESPN so badly wants the Lakers to be relevant again.  They have a huge conflict of interest when it comes to their NBA coverage, and a part of that is driving the Lakers hype.  They're giddy at LeBron's decision, but the elephant in the room is that LeBron's decision was probably the last, best chance for a competitive season and he chose more money and fame over picking a team he might have had a shot at winning with.

I don't blame him.  I would have done the same in his shoes.  It's just boring.  It's not his job to fix the NBA for the fans, but I wish someone would friggin do it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Stephen A was in rare form on his show today.  You could hear his erection through the radio.

ESPN so badly wants the Lakers to be relevant again.  They have a huge conflict of interest when it comes to their NBA coverage, and a part of that is driving the Lakers hype.  They're giddy at LeBron's decision, but the elephant in the room is that LeBron's decision was probably the last, best chance for a competitive season and he chose more money and fame over picking a team he might have had a shot at winning with.

I don't blame him.  I would have done the same in his shoes.  It's just boring.  It's not his job to fix the NBA for the fans, but I wish someone would friggin do it.

ESPN needs the Lakers relevant because of decades worth of organizational excellence, not because they know it gets under your skin. The Lakers' brand didn't just pop up from under a rock and history tells us it's a franchise that always resurfaces. I'd say get used to it but if you're not used to at this point you probably won't ever be. 

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If people hated the Warriors/Heat,they ain't seen nothing yet. Lakers bout to make everyone hold their beer, cerveza, pint, all that ****.

Poor Luke Walton. Gonna lose his mind and go the route of Frank Pentangeli after about 6 weeks. Not that they really a coach anyways. There's SO many ways for this **** to get extra entertaining ???

IT is another potential minefield (assuming they don't release him).

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

ESPN needs the Lakers relevant because of decades worth of organizational excellence, not because they know it gets under your skin. The Lakers' brand didn't just pop up from under a rock and history tells us it's a franchise that always resurfaces. I'd say get used to it but if you're not used to at this point you probably won't ever be. 

The Lakers aren't relevant in terms of now being excellent and able to contend for titles.  They're relevant again because the most famous athlete in the world now plays for them.  They're still not going to be that good.

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The need the Lakers because of the ratings their absurdly gargantuan fanbase brings. That's really it. There's been nothing organizationally excellent about them for the last 5 years. They were a straight up dumpster fire.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The need the Lakers because of the ratings their absurdly gargantuan fanbase brings. That's really it. There's been nothing organizationally excellent about them for the last 5 years. They were a straight up dumpster fire.

I'm pretty sure the NBA has been around for more than five years. Their absurdly gargantuan fanbase isn't absurdly gargantuan because la dee da. Anyone care to take a stay at when was the last decade they weren't in title contention for a few years running? This is the first time they've been so grossly mismanaged and for all Kobe Bryant did for the franchise he pretty much took a dump on the front lawn on his way out. 

Man you guys are such a drag. We had two game 7 conference finals and the warriors were almost knocked out due to a hamstring injury to their 5th/6th man. That's how vulnerable they are. 

The Lakers could still get Kawhi and then maybe Klay Thompson comes next year? Then you'll just cry about the Lakers being too predictable and ruining the sport and not fair etc like you did with the Lakers, the Heat, the Warriors etc. 

9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I'm pretty sure the NBA has been around for more than five years. Their absurdly gargantuan fanbase isn't absurdly gargantuan because la dee da. Anyone care to take a stay at when was the last decade they weren't in title contention for a few years running? This is the first time they've been so grossly mismanaged and for all Kobe Bryant did for the franchise he pretty much took a dump on the front lawn on his way out. 

and that dump smelled like ****ing roses you better watch it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I forgot IT was on the lakers, that is hilarious. Klay has said multiple times he wants to stay with the Warriors. Reaching on that. 

If you think there's a stone that's written on in regards to Klay you're imagining on that. No way to know what he'll do a year from now might as well be 10 years the way NBA free agency is ran in 2018.  

54 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

While I agree he can change his mind in a year, he has only indicated he wants to stay with the Warriors, so why assume the opposite when there is no evidence to contrary. 

I mean he can't exactly say otherwise. The point wasn't about Klay anyway it was simply that the Lakers can still make moves and a lot could change within a year for them as far as outlook toward winning a title.

1.  Can't believe Lebron has committed 4 years to the Lakers.  Those might be the last best chance he has at winning another title.  Hard to imagine the Lakers are going to be able to build a team around him that is going to come out of the West, much least really compete for a championship.

2.  Draymond has stated he's not giving GS another discount, but I don't think losing Draymond at this point in time is that big of a loss.  It looks pretty clear to me that he is not the player he was 2 years ago.  Klay is almost certainly going to stay, unless, GS decides they can replace him.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean he can't exactly say otherwise. The point wasn't about Klay anyway it was simply that the Lakers can still make moves and a lot could change within a year for them as far as outlook toward winning a title.

Sure he can.  Kyrie has made it very clear he has every intent on becoming a FA and essentially so has Draymond Green.

Or he could pull a Lebron and just take a we'll see what happens approach.

It is more unusual for a player to say that they want to stay than to say something else.

11 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Sure he can.  Kyrie has made it very clear he has every intent on becoming a FA and essentially so has Draymond Green.

Or he could pull a Lebron and just take a we'll see what happens approach.

It is more unusual for a player to say that they want to stay than to say something else.

He could but it’s just coach speak. Klay  is quiet and unassuming. He’s not going to say something that’s going to invite more questions and speculation on him 

You cant read into what players say in these type of scenarios 

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

I'm pretty sure the NBA has been around for more than five years.... 

Not the point. The point is despite history, cache only gets you so far. Despite all the titles, all the glitz, all the glamour, all the ass, all the titties, all the palm trees, all the earthquakes, none of that stopped them from being a basketball outpost for 5 seasons. And I can guarantee you LeBron's decision to go there was not solely for basketball reasons.

From a fan/marketing standpoint, they are and have always been a cash cow, but in terms of their ability to sell that pitch to players, I don't think it holds the same weight it once did.

At the end of the day, the NBA needs stars, and great teams, and it had that while the Lakers floundered, and it's popularity has grown.

Anyone care to take a stay at when was the last decade they weren't in title contention for a few years running?

Yeah, the last decade :ols:

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, the last decade

I don’t know they won a title in 2010, got bounced in the 2nd round in 2011 going for a 3pt. 

Now they have Lebron and it’s only 2018. 29 other teams would take that decade compared to what they’ve had 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

9 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Didn't see anyone post this but Rondo is headed to LA-LA land with Lebron.

They want to ensure having point guards on the floor that can't shoot. Plus, they can get rid of Lonzo asap.