Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Even worse. Imagine how many sewer workers we could hire for 40m a year. 

Do you watch sewer workers perform their job?  Look at you right now. You are on a redskins message board, generating income for a foolish sport that has 0 impact on your life, yet u spend hours and tons of time and money on a sport

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

NBA salaries are insane. Actually, almost all pro-sports contracts are ridiculous, but geez. 

Imagine how many teachers could be hired for nearly 40m a year. 

No ones paying to watch Mrs. Sullivan teach 3rd grade math.  

Equating teaching to NBA salaries is an apples and cheesesteaks comparison.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No ones paying to watch Mrs. Sullivan teach 3rd grade math.  

Equating teaching to NBA salaries is an apples and cheesesteaks comparison.  

Thank you.

If anything, many pro athletes are underpaid based on the revenue they generate.

If Aaron Rodgers were on a true open market he'd command $50 Mil a year and be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

The east is wide open.  Cousins to the Wiz could take them to the finals.  You dont need a complete team in the east to compete.  Beal, Wall and Cousins is more than enough

I think it's not that open.  It's Boston, Philly (especially if they can get Kawhi), and everybody else can not even bother.  There's nobody the Wiz can get to get them out of the 4th or worse spot in the East.  

Edited by justice98

Just now, justice98 said:

I think it's not that open.  It's Boston, Philly (especially if they can get Kawhi), and everybody else can not even bother.

Yep agreed. I could see the Bucks make a push if they land another star next to Giannis.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thank you.

If anything, many pro athletes are underpaid based on the revenue they generate.

If Aaron Rodgers were on a true open market he'd command $50 Mil a year and be worth it.

Well, I've never understood the argument against entertainers to shine a light on how teachers are underpaid.  That's what LeBron is at the root of it, he's an entertainer.  I don't see anyone complaining about how Tom Cruise is making 28 million for the next Mission Impossible movie and saying teachers are underpaid in comparison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I guess Boston is the team to beat in the East?  Maybe Toronto?

I suppose it could be either, now that Toronto's daddy went West.  Philly could win it too.  I think the Wizards could as well if they can stay healthy.  For the first time in eight years, the conference is finally open.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I suppose it could be either, now that Toronto's daddy went West.  Philly could win it too.  I think the Wizards could as well if they can stay healthy.  For the first time in eight years, the conference is finally open.

From what I can see, Wiz should be top 4 in the East.  They still need a big.  Nerlens Noel?  Meh.  

We figured out that LeBron was going to go to LA in here a couple of weeks ago.  By deduction.  But we also figured out that he's never going to win a ring there.  They can't get the horses to do it.  Even if they get DeMarcus Cousins and he's the exact same player he used to be and ditto for Kawhi, they still won't be as good as Golden State.

He went to LA to make money and enjoy the lifestyle and make his family happy.  I have to say, I'm a little disappointed because he's going to get passed by KD in rings and career accolades and he'll never, ever catch Jordan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

The east is wide open.  Cousins to the Wiz could take them to the finals.  You dont need a complete team in the east to compete.  Beal, Wall and Cousins is more than enough

Naw, it aint enough. Even if were are able to land Cousins, we are still lacking one extremely important component...LEADERSHIP.......In addition to Cousins or whoever we bring in, we need a seasoned vet for the locker room, who can still contribute on a high level.  Exactly why almost instantly we were a MUCH better team when we signed Paul Pierce.  Not sure who's out there who fits that role, but we desperately need that. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

From what I can see, Wiz should be top 4 in the East.  They still need a big.  Nerlens Noel?  Meh.  

Top four is reasonable.  Toronto and Boston are clearly ahead of us now, but Philly might regress some in the short term because they're losing vet rotation players and Embiid's health is always dicey.  All in all, the Atlantic division is the strongest in the East and it should shake down pretty much the same as it did last season.

Cleveland is headed for the lottery.  Detroit and Chicago still feel like they're missing something.  Milwaukee and Indy are pretty good teams, but I think the Wizards should be better than them if they stay healthy.  It depends on Wall.

As far as our division goes, Charlotte is headed for a rebuild.  Orlando is probably finishing up theirs, but it will take a minute for them to get good.  Atlanta is still rebuilding.  Miami won't rebuild but they need to.  We should have it pretty soft this year, with Miami being the only team pushing us in the Southeast.