Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Twolves with Irving, Butler, Wiggins and Towns? They'd have a legit shot at dethroning the Warriors.

On paper perhaps, but the beauty of GS is how well integrated they are.  They are a well oiled machine of vets, with everybody buying into the plan.  I don't know if you can just throw Butler and Kyrie into the mix and they'll all be cohesive right away.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

5-7?  I'll take that bet.

I'll take it too.  I'll go 3-5 more after this last one, tops. 

28 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think they would have to lose Wiggins in the deal to get him

Wouldn't make any sense for them to trade Wiggins back to Cleveland.  They already have plenty of starting talent and have a fairly good point guard too.  If the Wolves need anything, it's depth. 

Now if the Cavs accept Teague and some draft picks for Kyrie, that would be something.  Lebron might retire if they do that. 

Also can we talk about the fact that a star player has requested a trade and Minnesota is one of the places he wants to play?  What a time to be alive.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He is the best, I saw a video online on Youtube of him just coaching up his kids following a loss. If you watch documentaries of him and see what he's doing at his Chino Hills home...yes he does talk a lot of smack but he also clearly loves his kids and wants them to succeed. He's the one pushing them to be successful and is a big motivating force in they lives 

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't mind the smack talk, that's fine. But this is exactly what is wrong with current youth sports as a whole, overbearing parents teaching poor sportsmanship. 

Really, forfeiting a game because you don't like a ref call, terrible coaching and leadership. 

The smack talk is funny to a point, but inevitably his true personality shows and will continue to show. He's a pure dick

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I don't mind the smack talk, that's fine. But this is exactly what is wrong with current youth sports as a whole, overbearing parents teaching poor sportsmanship. 

Really, forfeiting a game because you don't like a ref call, terrible coaching and leadership. 

The smack talk is funny to a point, but inevitably his true personality shows and will continue to show. He's a pure dick

Na don't get me wrong, I love him because of the entertainment factor he provides. He's a clown but he's a villain and there is nothing better than a great villain.

I'm not a big NBA fan but this is honestly the first time I can say in about 10 years I'm really excited for NBA basketball to come back, because I want to see how Lonzo Ball tears up the league. I was watching his summer league highlights just mesmerized. And that was summer league! That kid can ****ing play, without a doubt. Lonzo Ball singlehandedly made the NBA watchable again. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm not a big NBA fan but this is honestly the first time I can say in about 10 years I'm really excited for NBA basketball to come back, because I want to see how Lonzo Ball tears up the league. I was watching his summer league highlights just mesmerized. And that was summer league! That kid can ****ing play, without a doubt. Lonzo Ball singlehandedly made the NBA watchable again. 

30% shooter

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Other than local basketball, why would one want to watch the NBA? Because of "Splash brothers" who just throw down threes all the time? Because of a team in the West that wins 16 straight in the playoffs? To me, there's no appeal in that. The NBA to me has very little interest. There isn't any rivalry. Nobody talks ****. 

Boston - Washington provided a bit of that spark that I grew up with, the rivalry and just true hate for other teams. But Washington basically won every game at home in a blowout and Boston won every game at the Garden in a blowout. So that thrill was short-lived. 

I am a tolerant man, really. The NBA has simply had nothing that draws casual fans like me in. That's why I'm telling you that Lonzo Ball and his hype is the major factor in drawing casual fans like me to the game. The way he plays basketball is exciting. He's always passing, he's always shooting, he makes the team better with his presence. There was a debate earlier about how the Lakers shouldn't have traded DeAngelo Russell, well let me tell you something Russell never had this hype, ever. 

Lonzo Ball's target makes the NBA "must see TV". In a league where you previously only tuned in to see the climactic Warriors - Cavs final (for the 3rd straight time mind you), he is making "The NBA Great Again" and if he lives up to the hype he will really be a huge face of the NBA. Other than the Wizards playing (and that's when they don't conflict with the Caps) why should I watch the NBA? There's not really any pressing need to watch any basketball outside this market. And Lonzo changed that. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I am a tolerant man, really. The NBA has simply had nothing that draws casual fans like me in. That's why I'm telling you that Lonzo Ball and his hype is the major factor in drawing casual fans like me to the game. The way he plays basketball is exciting. He's always passing, he's always shooting, he makes the team better with his presence. There was a debate earlier about how the Lakers shouldn't have traded DeAngelo Russell, well let me tell you something Russell never had this hype, ever. 

Lonzo Ball's target makes the NBA "must see TV". In a league where you previously only tuned in to see the climactic Warriors - Cavs final (for the 3rd straight time mind you), he is making "The NBA Great Again" and if he lives up to the hype he will really be a huge face of the NBA. Other than the Wizards playing (and that's when they don't conflict with the Caps) why should I watch the NBA? There's not really any pressing need to watch any basketball outside this market. And Lonzo changed that. 

This guy gets it!

He's a top 6 point guard already based off the summer league games. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, daveakl said:

This guy gets it!

He's a top 6 point guard already based off the summer league games. 

Look, even if he's just a rookie listen to the point I'm trying to make here. People want to watch now because of what his father did. Lonzo is a hype machine that makes the NBA worth watching again. If the Wizards aren't playing, I have zero incentive to watch other teams play. There is no alluring force that compels me to watch regular season NBA basketball. Lonzo Ball, because of the target placed on his back, will draw a lot of fan attention, either good or bad. And as someone once said, "There isn't such a thing as bad attention". It's all ratings. People want to see him succeed or fail. I for one want to see him succeed because he is a huge spotlight on the league. 

I have skipped past meaningless games when I'm at home because I have no interest in watching. Minnesota - Utah. Dallas - San Antonio. Houston - Portland, on at like 10:00 at night. Meh. Most of the TNT regular season games are kinda boring. There are teams I don't really care about. But Lakers - Anyone. MUST SEE TV. 

Edited by ixcuincle

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

little-girl-is-confused-gif.gif

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, daveakl said:

The list goes:

CP3

Irving

Curry

Westbrook

L. Ball

Lowry

Then you have:

Lillard

Walker

Conley

Thomas 

Wall

I'd think of more as tiers though. 1st tier and 2nd tier.

Is this sarcasm or a serious list?  I'm going to hope it's the former and not the latter.