Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

So pathetic. You want to ignore what he's done to make your ignorant belief true. Everything he's accomplished is only because there were useless points to be scored or its because of the other players they got their 2 titles? That's pretty much the most ignorant point of view an adult could have. I'm dumber now for reading that epic rant of duh.

Don't listen to him.  Cocaine is a helluva drug.  

Yeah, but "Lebron" as a mindset is!  And how would we know?  The dude does nothing when his team needs it, instead he makes a bunch of buckets down 20+.  Was he the reason the HEat lost vs. the MAvs when Marion made him his **** and when he disappeared?  I mean it certainly wasn't on Wade who put in an extraordinary effort at times.

Maybe Miami should have picked up Diaw, but then again, I think we all know how little he'd resemble his game now having to play with the likes of Lebron and Wade.

Except for the fact these games have been blowouts, I'd like to know Lebron's stats, INCLUDING turnovers for the final five minutes of fourth quarters.

What we're seeing now is the rewriting of history to protect Lebron's reputation.  It's always Wade or Bosh or whoever, nevermind that Mike Miller balled so hard for him, or how Wade would have been FMVP in 2011 if he had just been SEMI-involved and not in ghost mode.  Hell, who knows what happens if they call him for ONE of the THREE fouls he committed on Durant in Game 2 in 2012?

Has anyone ever been given so much for having done so little?  

Lebron back on the floor in a huge blowout to stat pad.  Oh, nevermind. lol

Leonard is the best player on the court anyway. So...meh.

This rant is literally one of the funniest things I have ever read on the internet.  The first sentence perfectly sums it up.  You're right LeBron isn't the reason they are losing it's "LeBron as a mindset!" Whatever that means haha

you notice the difference in the benches.  The spurs guys are talking and getting up after every basket.  there is no emotion on the miami bench

Because the Spurs are selfless, they play for each other, they put their egos aside.  They are the better TEAM.  And they have a deeper bench.  Miami has all the talent in the world, and is a great team.  But, honestly, if they were playing a healthy Spurs team last year I think the Spurs would have taken it.

Ghost is having a hategasm. lol

I am shocked by these Spurs. During the season they struggled to beat the NBAs better teams. They had a hard time getting by the Mavs, that were good but not contenders. Then they went crazy and haven't stopped since.

So pathetic. You want to ignore what he's done to make your ignorant belief true. Everything he's accomplished is only because there were useless points to be scored or its because of the other players they got their 2 titles? That's pretty much the most ignorant point of view an adult could have. I'm dumber now for reading that epic rant of duh.

Yeah, he's done, I think.  Or if you limit his minutes a la Duncan, etc. maybe he'd be great in stretches.  I think the 2011 Finals were his last hurrah.  Too bad Lebron couldn't handle being Robin long enough for him to have gotten that FMVP and put a cap on his career as alpha dog.[/quote

Lol. Some people's one night stand

Fortunately for me, I don't care much what you think about my "duh" rant.   What have you said that has even left an impression tonight other than to whine and give vent to insults over my posts? Overinflate the Great Hype (I was a Lebron fan before you were), I've likely been watching the game longer than you have. I'm here to have fun and it was fun chatting with you all and being argumentative, that's the point of sports chat unless your team is involved and cruising and you're just cracking jokes with each other like in some Game chats.  

If Kawhi has another game like that in a Spurs win, he gets Finals MVP.

I am shocked by these Spurs. During the season they struggled to beat the NBAs better teams. They had a hard time getting by the Mavs, that were good but not contenders. Then they went crazy and haven't stopped since.

They were always contenders.  They had the best record in the league.  They are never not contenders.

That Dallas team was good.  That Portland team is pretty good and they got taken apart.  That OKC team is really good and they got handled almost as badly as Miami is getting handled.  San Antonio has been utterly excellent this season.

That place is empty as ****.  These fans don't deserve a team

You have never left the game early when your team was getting the **** kicked out of it?  Or the game you watched was a one-sided blow-out in the last quarter?

I can understand why people leave.  I mean, when I go to Panthers games, those mofos start leaving at the beginning of the 3rd qtr if they are down 2 scores lol.  But leaving in the 4th when your team has no shot, who cares.  

This rant is literally one of the funniest things I have ever read on the internet.  The first sentence perfectly sums it up.  You're right LeBron isn't the reason they are losing it's "LeBron as a mindset!" Whatever that means haha

Lebron as a mindset should be apparent to anyone who has been watching the Heatles since they teamed up. I've referred to the lack of competitive fire, his passivity, and even how some of his deficiencies as a player play into the failures of the team.  Or you could convince yourself you have a clue.  

You're right, Lebron is DEFINITELY not THE reason why Miami has been trounced in three games, and won by a basket because of another SPurs choke on the FT line.  But if you're the best player on a team that was good enough to make it to the finals and you disappear when it matters most and have what 7 turnovers in the last game----how are you not a BIG part of the failure to win?  

It's not like he had 40, 10, 10 in a losing respectable effort.  lol  Is he not a leader?  Where was his fire? Maybe his tummy hurt too much to show the passion to open the game necessary to HOPE to stay with the Spurs.

They won 62 games.  They went 30-11 on the road and they have won 50 games or more since Michael Jordan was winning titles.  I don't get how this is surprising.  The Mavs match up perfectly, it's not that they're a great team. 

You notice how Lebron doesn't actually throw dimes that well? If it's not fast break (where he has done some great work, admittedly)

it's drive/post and kicks. That's not a bad thing, but I don't see the sort of quick drive, step through, inventive pass. I don't see this "Court vision - GOAT" that some do.

I have never rarely Lebron look as skilled with the ball as Diaw has this series. What does that say about Lebron's actual playmaking skills? (Let alone Bird lol.)

So no, Lebron isn't THE reason but if you are the best player on your team and you did pretty good vs. your rivals, and your team isn't EVEN CLOSE in THREE games in the NBA Finals...HOW ARE YOU NOT PART OF THE REASON?

It's funny how the Jazz had some bad showings but still put up a fight, even when their guys didn't have the best individual games.

Where were the last two years dude? Seriously you look like the biggest hater on earth right now and I hate using that word. The spurs are better, they were last year and this year. Lebron willed them to the championship last year, he isn't doing it so far this year. Sorry he isn't your hero Jordan playing garbage teams in the finals every year with a perfect team around him. Every thing you say is so far off it's ridiculous, stop posting you look dumb.

Feeling pretty good.  Series isn't over, though.

Confession, while I was against the Heat vs. OKC and felt the refs played an enormous role (Game 2 stands out), I was generally happy that Lebron had a title under his belt and I don't think he's a particularly repellent player off the court or overall.  

But hell, what's the point of having a Dallas Cowboys if you can't take joy in their loss?  Speaking of which, Lebron is a Yankees and Cowboys fan (and for basketball, I can't recall if he was a Bulls or Lakers fan)

Can you not see how this reflects who he is? HAHA

If Kawhi has another game like that in a Spurs win, he gets Finals MVP.

They were always contenders.  They had the best record in the league.  They are never not contenders.

That Dallas team was good.  That Portland team is pretty good and they got taken apart.  That OKC team is really good and they got handled almost as badly as Miami is getting handled.  San Antonio has been utterly excellent this season.

Agreed on all points.  Kawhi, even if he has just a little bit inferior game should still get it.  I can't see Spurs necessarily winning or winning in this fashion without him, his rebounding and his sometimes defense on Lebron (and just everyone, really.)

You have never left the game early when your team was getting the **** kicked out of it?  Or the game you watched was a one-sided blow-out in the last quarter?

I can understand why people leave.  I mean, when I go to Panthers games, those mofos start leaving at the beginning of the 3rd qtr if they are down 2 scores lol.  But leaving in the 4th when your team has no shot, who cares.  

They're two time defending champions in the Finals.  It may be the last time you get to see your team.  It's petulant, disgraceful behavior.  They're fairweather fans though, WTF would they know about sportsmanship, dignity, or appreciation for their team?

Where were the last two years dude? Seriously you look like the biggest hater on earth right now and I hate using that word. The spurs are better, they were last year and this year. Lebron willed them to the championship last year, he isn't doing it so far this year. Sorry he isn't your hero Jordan playing garbage teams in the finals every year with a perfect team around him. Every thing you say is so far off it's ridiculous, stop posting you look dumb.

Garbage teams? You think OKC was better or more experienced than Blazers 92?  They aren't even as good as the Phoenix Suns team.  Barkley, for all his faults (defense) showed more heart in that series than Lebron has in all but maybe one of his (Finals.)  Utah Jazz kicked the **** out of the a Bryant/Shaq/Eddie Jones/Van Exel team and beat Rockets, how were they garbage? How would that Sonics team lose to this Heat team? Did you ever watch them that season or know who Shawn Kemp (before his decline), Gary Payton and Nate McMillan are and how they would play?

How old are you?  You know nothing, man.  I admit this San Antonio team is good, it's difficult for me to assess them fairly vs. those Bulls opponents, but what I do know is the Bulls played in a vastly superior Eastern conference.  Please, let's stop overusing "hate." I don't hate Lebron at all, though I do find him overrated and annoying in certain respects.  

maybe you're just mad because he can't measure up? lol   That might be because he's NOT a hero? haha

I've been here to varying degrees, if you wanted to check archives you could find me being pro-Lebron when he was with the Cavs.  I think I just left his bandwagon because the Heat and the teamup are lame.  I WOULD root for them over the Lakers though.  As for the last two years, I don't even think I've been active in Tailgate for a few years.  I could have my friends provide affidavits if you need them, though.  Heh.

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

No I've never left a game.  I stay to the very end.

The Heat gave them back to back championships and you bail on your team in the Finals?  Come on.

I meant the Mavs weren't contenders. Good but not contenders.

That was a scissors versus scissors match up.  Equally brilliant coaching.  Equally high IQ, vet heavy, totally decentralized true team play.  Plus Dirk is the best player in that series this year.  San Antonio was deeper in quality for sure, but Dallas was a tricky draw.

Memphis and Dallas as the 7 and 8 seeds were absolutely brutal.  A testament to the quality of the West this year.  Those would have been the second and third best teams in the East probably.  And I would have rather played Houston, Golden State, or Portland in the first round than them.

They're two time defending champions in the Finals.  It may be the last time you get to see your team.  It's petulant, disgraceful behavior.  They're fairweather fans though, WTF would they know about sportsmanship, dignity, or appreciation for their team?

I stay until the end, unless I'm not driving and have no choice lol.  I dunno, people pay their money on the tickets, if the games done, its done though.  I can see them wanting to get home late at night and beat traffic.  

Not saying they don't have fairweather fans, but considering the fan does not play the sport, not sure how them paying for a ticket, making a decision to leave early because the product on the court wasn't good, makes a fan unsportsmanlike, disgraceful, lacking in dignity or not appreciate their team.

This Spurs team is brilliant and they have been all season. It would have been closer than this lopsided series, but they definitely would have beaten the Heat last year. The efficiency alone...what team can match that in the NBA right now?