Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Their fans are absolutely awful. Remember when they left before the end of game six last year? They don't deserve that team at all.

But at least they wear white. I still remember that Wizards game where at least 20% refused to wear the free t shirt ruining the look of the arena.

San Antonio is the game of basketball's retort to the Miami Heat.  TEAM over superstars too scared to compete against their rivals.

Heat look beaten.  Glad to see the ferocious competitive spirit of Lebron and Company.  Maybe if they get Carmelo and Kevin Love and Chris Paul they can compete.  One can only imagine if the Heat didn't play in one of the worst conferences in the NBA history.

Thank God.  They need to not choke it away, because if they win here, it's over.  Of course, I probably just jinxed them.

Earlier, LKB blamed Skip Bayless for my criticism of Lebron.  No, ESPN and young kids endless hyping of Lebron, the Heat and such drive this, no different than AOL chat rooms back in the Kobe/Shaq days.  "Villain" teams in sports is nothing new and will bring more heat than praise for deserving foes.  Hell, by the time the Patriots won in 2001, I think a lot of people were glad to see the Rams brought down a peg.  If we're FORTUNATE, people will feel that way about the Redskins too.

And I'm not a Spurs fan in the vast majority of matchups.  Have enough bad feelings over the years about Blazers run-ins against them.  But I can't honestly hate the team, except Manu's flopping.

• Like 1

Why would they pipe in boo's? It's just embarrassing to EVERYONE: the crowd, the team, the entire fanbase and Miami as a sports town.

Ummm....they were booing the SA made shot?!?! I cant explain those morons judgement. (Dumb joke/slight at the cheesiness of MIAs arena.)

Lol Keim gettting in on it..

John Keim (@john_keim): I don't blame some Heat fans for booing. They've been fans for at least 4 years. lots of suffering.

LeBron needs to take over. There's no one on the spurs who can guard him when he is in scoring mode.

How many ****ty Lebron Finals games do people have to watch until they understand that Lebron, for all his skill, is not consistent enough as a shooter or even as a penetrator to just "take over" like a Kobe, MJ, or even someone like T-Mac (whatever his playoff issues.) Some guys like Reggie Miller could not touch the ball and run himself open and change a game by being part of an offense.  He has to dominate the ball and if his shot is not falling or his mentality is off, he's not even as present in big moment as Barkley often was.  Does anything about this game or the last suggest Mr. Efficiency is going to GO OFF?  Sure, I think he'll make a run before it's over but he's not likely to go off in a Jordanesque way.  And it's two straight finals where Leonard seems to be more than a match for him.

I can say I was one of those people.

And then look what happened to the Pats... Everyone just loves them.

Exactly, but the Heat situation was made even worse with the arrogant pep rallies before they made one play together, the lack of competitive pride, etc.  Then you got talk about Melo teaming up.  Jesus.  People will appreciate the Spurs very soon.  The Heat are not as good a team, even if individually they may have better players here and there.  

spurs countering toney douglas by using mills and parker at same time 

That was so nasty when I saw that. : D

This series right now is reminding me of when Dallas beat Miami when the big three first got together or better when Detroit beat LA back in 2004. A better team can beat a couple superstars, all is right with the universe.

Here's to hoping Melo says "screw that" and building a dominant, deep, and selfless team actually matters again.

How many ****ty Lebron Finals games do people have to watch until they understand that Lebron, for all his skill, is not consistent enough as a shooter or even as a penetrator to just "take over" like a Kobe, MJ, or even someone like T-Mac (whatever his playoff issues.) Some guys like Reggie Miller could not touch the ball and run himself open and change a game by being part of an offense.  He has to dominate the ball and if his shot is not falling or his mentality is off, he's not even as present in big moment as Barkley often was.  Does anything about this game or the last suggest Mr. Efficiency is going to GO OFF?  Sure, I think he'll make a run before it's over but he's not likely to go off in a Jordanesque way.  And it's two straight finals where Leonard seems to be more than a match for him.

What was that you were saying?

What was that you were saying?

It's going to probably take more than a nice run.  I think I even said he'll make a run, dude.  But that's not the same thing as going off, we'll see. Chalmers has a couple too lol

Bron having the same stomach issues I had today playing basketball.  It sucks because once things slow down at some point you cannot just "Play through" it, you have to um, fix it. lol

It's going to probably take more than a nice run.  I think I even said he'll make a run, dude.  But that's not the same thing as going off, we'll see. Chalmers has a couple too lol

Thats all fine and good but he can't win on his own.  He has a PG who appears to have stumps at the end of his arms and Dwade looks like he is 95.  He can't guard everyone on the Spurs.  I don't really care though.  Can't believe I'm defending Lebron.

Bron having the same stomach issues I had today playing basketball.  It sucks because once things slow down at some point you cannot just "Play through" it, you have to um, fix it. lol

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Lebron is an overhyped player.

I think he is a top 3 talent in league history, but he is severely overrated when it comes to his actual consistent play. 

Thats all fine and good but he can't win on his own.  He has a PG who appears to have stumps at the end of his arms and Dwade looks like he is 95.  He can't guard everyone on the Spurs.  I don't really care though.  Can't believe I'm defending Lebron.

He can't guard Kawhi Leonard lol  or an old JAson Terry OR old-ass Shawn Marion who wasn't even the Matrix anymore but more like Dark City...for all the talk about him shutting down Derrick Rose, Lebron is not "The Glove" (MJ original, Payton the 2nd.)  This is a guy consistently outshone in BIG moments by ROLE players. 

And what is the point of Bosh. Being on a team with Lebron has turned him into a spot up shooter.  After the loss to the Mavericks, the rest of the team had to sacrifice for alleged team player Lebron to the point where they look lame in comparison to the talents they demonstrated before. Except for natural spot up shooters like Battier.  And what's the point of bringing all these ringchasers if they can't deliver offensively or on defense.  I thought the Heat were a good defensive team?

It's hard to repeat, but it must be nice to play in the Eastern Conference in the last few years.  Well, unless there's a dramatic turn, the Heat as we know them iz ova.

The NBA is the new WWF.

You mean that foul call on Leonard.  Lebron puts his off arm into Leonard's arm, then the ball gets blocked.  BAIL OUT. lol