Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I kinda wish he'd release a statement declaring his innocence or something. I don't want to think that he is really that much of a scumbag 

I don't really put anything past anyone these days. Lot of people have big closets. Generally I'll go by innocent until proven guilty, but if he hasn't come out and shot this down with a Zeus thunderbolt yet, then I'd be a little worried. Not commenting it on it is a bad move. Very bad move.

Sexual predator is probably the worst thing a guy can be labeled with (not even talking charged....  Just labeled/accused). Even if you are innocent, everyone you know will forever have their doubts about you from that moment forward. 

All I can say is I hope its not true. Can't really say much else at this point.

• Like 1

I just don't get it I guess. The internet has made the world small. I don't actually know that many Redskins fan where I live in Va outside of my family but I still feel a pretty good sense of community through this board as well as many others for other sports.

It's not hard to follow a team in today's world. As long as somebody isn't bouncing around between teams and shows loyalty/support to a team I don't care why anyone became a fan. It's completely irrelevant to any conversation.

But back to the thread

Nope.

You rep your home team unless you've got a good reason otherwise. You either get it or you don't. But there is no moral relativism or equivocation on the subject. It's your local economy. You know a lot of people's jobs depend on local support? You can be lame and not really get it, or you can get with the program and support your local sports community.

. It's your local economy. 

I think that is serious overkill. And no, for the record, I don't think he, nor anyone else is lame for apparently not getting it.

Its a team.... That plays a sport. It's entertainment. Frankly, I think people should cheer for whoever they want to cheer for. They should buy whatever they want to buy. They should do whatever they want to do, within the law. They shouldn't feel like they have to be pigeon holed into whatever fanbase that is right down the street from them. That just seems like a miserable way to look at things.

As for "The economy", so what. I like Coke. I won't lose sleep if Pepsi goes out of business, and all Pepsi jobs are lost. I like Chick Fil A, i won't give a rats ass if Diary Queen goes under. Its all about the people, what they want, and what they choose to do with their hard earned money. It's no one else's business. If they have a serious problem with it, they can write a litter to the CEO/owner of that company, and ask them why they made a terrible product, that made consumers want to go elsewhere.

This isn't college. This is the pro's. This is money. Money that these people make well above the average citizen. Money that owners will stiff out of taxpayer hands when they want a stadium where a SB can be played. Its money where some you the same song and dance every year about how things will be different, bleeding money out of your gullible pockets, knowing that whatever and however they mess up, you will be there to make them money.

A person should choose whatever they want to do in life. They should feel no other obligation than whatever feels best for them. All the rest is BS meant for a fantasy children's book full of fairy tales that never come true.

There are no rules

There are no obligations

There are no codes

There is no Yellow Brick Road

There is only you, and your individual opinion, and Momma and his opinion..

if a pro sports team is truly a cities economy, then that city was already screwed to begin with. Move.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I get where Steve is coming from on this. Like he said, the people that don't root for their local team are almost always the same people that root for teams that have many championships. They can try and spin it all they want, but the reason they started cheering for their team is because they were winning at the time.

There are so many frauds at my work, it ain't funny. Work with one guy who has always lived in Charlotte, yet roots for the Lakers and Cowboys. Granted, there wasn't an NBA or NFL team here when he first started watching those sports, but it's obvious he started cheering for them because they were dominant teams at the time.

Also work with several clowns that cheer for Jimmie Johnson. Of course one of these fools was a Jeff Gordon fan when I first met him. But then Johnson came along and started winning titles, so he starts wearing Johnson gear and claiming Gordon was his "second favorite driver". Go figure. Gordon won 4 titles. And Johnson has won the title in 6 of the last 8 seasons. You KNOW I called him out on all this, too, right?! Damn right I did. The other Johnson fan doesn't like any pro sports. But OF COURSE he's a Duke fan in college basketball. Needless to say, after calling these idiots out on their bandwagondry, I ceased talking sports with them again. Got zero time for fools like that.

Now, guys like Brave and Sinister... I got no problem with. I mean, even IF Brave started cheering for the Bulls because they were a dynasty, at least he stuck with them through the lean years. Plus, being a Redskins fan, I know he isn't like any of the fools I described above. The Redskins have basically sucked his entire life.

And the same applies to Mr Sinister. Plus, I could be wrong, but I think he has stated in the past that he has either lived in Miami, or has ties to the area in some way.

And the same applies to Mr Sinister. Plus, I could be wrong, but I think he has stated in the past that he has either lived in Miami, or has ties to the area in some way.

Hialeah

And I agree about the egregiousness that some people have with hopping on a teams nuts and blowing like the win to the next big thing. I just don't agree about the whole fate of the world hanging in the balance thing. You don't need to rep a team to rep a city, or a community. It can be  one of several things that can bring a community together, shedding many cultural/racial barriers, but no, it isn't a requirement.

Most people don't give a damn, but will come out of the woodwork when the team is a contender (that would be a fairweather fan) which is basically all cities outside of places like Boston, Chicago, Philly, etc. So basically, 1 out of 5 people who claim to "Rep my city" by sporting their gear during a [insert color] out at a playoff game, are full of ****.

Its the most fickle thing imaginable

Did we ever have a discussion on the Bad Boys 30 for 30?

I just watched it again last night. Soooooo great lol

Has there been a team that has heeled it up that much and reveled it in since?

I'm surprised the Pacers didn't after the Malice...

Yeah that was a great doc. I think the rule changes pretty much eliminated any team from taking on that same type of role of embracing the bad guy/heel, unfortunately.

I get where Steve is coming from on this.

Now, guys like Brave and Sinister... I got no problem with.

Except that he is speaking about anybody that doesn't root for their local team and you are ok with that as long as one doesn't bandwagon or switch teams. Those are two different issues.

I get it too. Fortunately, my deprived VA community will not be plunged into economic turmoil with the lack of financial support to DC area sports.

But I will continue to support my teams faithfully through good and bad like any fan will. That's all that matters lol

-------

Spurs missed a great chance early to push the lead at 30-19 and some sloppy play let the Heat quickly right back in. Lebron dominated that stretch

Great pass there by Duncan there too.