• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Redskins have opened their 2019 season with two losses. Both against Divisional foes. Now they get to close out Week 3 at home on Monday Night against the visiting 1-1 Chicago Bears. The Bears don't have much of an offense but seem to have what may be an elite defense.

On the flip side, the Redskins have a developing passing attack and a disastrous defense. The Redskins haven't had a Defense this vanilla since Mike Nolan received his ice cream. Oh, and the Redskins already have more guys on IR then any other team this season. 

Will the Redskins finally put one in the win column? 

As usual, poll closes at kickoff. Go vote!
RonArtest15

***2019-2020 NBA Offseason Thread***

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Bol to Miami

Was thinking we might go Tacko Fall several weeks ago.

I like it. Just curious what the hell happened

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Was thinking we might go Tacko Fall several weeks ago.

I like it. Just curious what the hell happened

basketball heads on twitter seem to think the medicals are worse than bad, combine that with questions about his effort and you get the steep drop

Edited by StillUnknown

****. Nevetmind lol. Twas but a dream

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Who traded him to Denver.

Yeah just saw lol.

Wouldve been worth the risk for the first rind talent

He really gotta be ****ed up if we let em go

Very impressed with the team Memphis is building.  I like their young building blocks.  Gonna be playing with them next year on 2k.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Very impressed with the team Memphis is building.  I like their young building blocks.  Gonna be playing with them next year on 2k.

Just curious, how long does it take for you to make a trade when you're playing 2k?  

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just curious, how long does it take for you to make a trade when you're playing 2k?  

Shoot, I don't get traded.  I sign four year deals and give up on a character half way through.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Twitter says they had an arranged deal with the Dubs to take him. I'd bet it's for $2-3 mil cash. That's a total Dubs move btw. Buying 2nd round picks to fill out the roster. 

Sixers sold 2nd round picks and did it last year too.  Their management has talked about how they are willing to spend money to compete, but they are seeming pretty cheap.

Almost wonder if that's why Hinkie got fired.  He kept acquiring 2nd round picks, but would never sell any of them.

You can pick out the teams with ownership really committed to competing by who buys vs. sells 2nd round picks.

Edited by PeterMP

Posted (edited)

Still not sure what we did last night. gave up Bol for a future 2nd and cash considerations.

I mean if its as bad as everyone says then at least we got something, but if it turns out this was all some bs and he goes to Denver and plays well, im gonna be pissed.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Posted (edited)

where the **** did this come from? (NSFW for language)

(lowkey these dudes can flow a little)

Edited by StillUnknown

Willie wants out of Sacramento, which is reasonable, but look at this quote from his agent:

"We haven't felt that he's been able to get what has been necessary for him to be able to lead the franchise the way he wants to," Montgomery said. "We are very, very thankful for the opportunity that was presented to him, but we just think it's not working. It's not going to work. It's just time for a fresh start. We need a fresh start and maybe the Kings do, too."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27034700/willie-move-on

The guy who legally changed his middle name to Trill and averages 12 and 8 doesn’t feel he’s been able to lead the franchise the way he wants to.  

The article doesn't say if his agent cracked a smile while saying this.

• Haha 2

He's delusional.  You've got to give star effort every night if you want to be a star.  You can't be setting soft screens and slipping them early and falling asleep on pick and roll coverages or getting beat on the boards.  He's not a consistent player and it comes down to effort with him.

But he does have talent.  His lateral speed is elite for a 7 footer and he's strong.  His agent is probably right that both he and the Kings could use a change of scenery, but he's an asset that they're not going to want to let go for free.

I could see him thriving on a team like the Spurs.  He strikes me as the type who needs a very regimented team and role with a strong coach who can get him to buy in to playing team basketball.  In that type of situation, he could become an All-NBA defender.  It'd be nice to have him on the Wizards, but not if he has delusions of being a star.  We have almost nothing in place here, and I feel like he'd be pulling the same crap with us that he does in Sacramento.

I love that the Celtic dynasty crashed and burned before it really even got going. Case #1 on why you don't crown teams early. All those draft picks/cap space and they'll have nothing but one ECF birth to show for it.

Kyrie Irving's Q Rating has take a beating this season.  I've heard a lot of sentiment that the Nets don't really want him if they can't get someone else first to be the #1 for them.

Never really felt like he made sense for them though.  The strong part of their team is that three guard group.  Irving isn't a big enough upgrade over what they already have to justify the cost and risk of signing him.  They should be in the market for forwards.

The NBA is considering (and has already taken steps) to phase out the term owner in favor of the term governor. 

This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen. 

I ain't lying. 

I understand PC culture and being "offended" but this is literally one of the LEAST things to take offense to. How is being an owner offensive? "It's racially insensitive" I don't deny that being an owner of other people has bad connotations, but...that was a long time ago. A long long time ago. The term owner has largely lost any type of slavery connotation. But suddenly it's bad because it's the NBA? Please. You see anyone in the NFL riled up about the owner? "He shouldn't be called that. We should call him something more appropriate. Let's call him a ****in' governor." Lmao. Please. 

An owner literally owns the team. It has nothing to do with slaves. Why is Draymond tryna make it about slavery? "It's offensive because it brings up a bad past" Owners have nothing to do with slaves anymore. Let's move on. 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/24/adam-silver-nba-team-term-owner/

"The Washington Owners" 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Being an owner of other people is not a long time ago, ix, its very much right now, and very much targets people who look like you and me.

But I agree, I wouldn't have changed it, because i don't find it offensive. But I'm fine with them changing if they want too.

The NBA will always have my respect as the one American sports league that actually attempts to give a damn about stuff like this

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I love that the Celtic dynasty crashed and burned before it really even got going. Case #1 on why you don't crown teams early. All those draft picks/cap space and they'll have nothing but one ECF birth to show for it.

They're not done yet. Their draft day deals have freed up a decent chunk of cap space and they could get up to $30+ mil if they want to. They could be making a run at Russell or another free agent. Russell would give them a hell of a young athletic and energetic core to build with alongside Tatum and Brown moving forward. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The NBA is considering (and has already taken steps) to phase out the term owner in favor of the term governor. 

This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen. 

I ain't lying. 

I understand PC culture and being "offended" but this is literally one of the LEAST things to take offense to. How is being an owner offensive? "It's racially insensitive" I don't deny that being an owner of other people has bad connotations, but...that was a long time ago. A long long time ago. The term owner has largely lost any type of slavery connotation. But suddenly it's bad because it's the NBA? Please. You see anyone in the NFL riled up about the owner? "He shouldn't be called that. We should call him something more appropriate. Let's call him a ****in' governor." Lmao. Please. 

An owner literally owns the team. It has nothing to do with slaves. Why is Draymond tryna make it about slavery? "It's offensive because it brings up a bad past" Owners have nothing to do with slaves anymore. Let's move on. 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/24/adam-silver-nba-team-term-owner/

"The Washington Owners" 

Does Jeff Bezos own his employees? Marc Zuckerberg own his? Does the person who owns/funds your the organization you work at own you?

LOL at "long time ago" line too. The effects have not left usl

I do agree that this isn't the most significant thing to fight for, but because it was a long time ago, and slavery is over, we should be using different terms.

I remember when Dan Snyder bought this team and was forcing Darrell Green to call him Mr. Snyder, even though Green is five years older. Stuff like that has to stop.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

Yall reading too much into this. All owners means is that he owns the team. The club, that's it. Don't try to read too much into it.