Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Can we talk about how lame the Raptors name is? I thought the reason they were the Raptors is because they found some prehistoric dinosaur bones around Toronto....it turns out, it's actually because the Jurassic Park movie was popular at the time

Initial sentiment was in favour of reviving the Huskies nickname, but team management realized it would be nearly impossible to design a logo that did not substantially resemble that of the Minnesota Timberwolves.[14] As a result, a nationwide contest was held to help name the team and develop their colours and logo. Over 2,000 entries were narrowed down to eleven prospects: Beavers, Bobcats, Dragons, Grizzlies, Hogs, Raptors, Scorpions, T-Rex, Tarantulas, Terriers and Towers (the eventual runner-up).[1] The final selection—Toronto Raptors—was unveiled on Canadian national television on May 15, 1994:[1] the choice was influenced by the popularity of the 1993 film adaption of the 1990 science fiction novel Jurassic Park

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Can we talk about how lame the Raptors name is? I thought the reason they were the Raptors is because they found some prehistoric dinosaur bones around Toronto....it turns out, it's actually because the Jurassic Park movie was popular at the time

Also the movie apparently got the raptors wrong, if the internet can be believed, they were actually the size of large turkeys and feathered.  Vicious bitey turkey monsters.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Also the movie apparently got the raptors wrong, if the internet can be believed, they were actually the size of large turkeys and feathered.  Vicious bitey turkey monsters.  

That movie got every goddamn thing wrong. But kinda like Chinese takeout, we accept it anyway even though deep down we know better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That movie got every goddamn thing wrong. But kinda like Chinese takeout, we accept it anyway even though deep down we know better

I’ve had the real thing (Chinese food, not dinosaurs).  I’ve had real Mexican too.  TexMex and US “Chinese” food is greatness, that should be lifted up and celebrated.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’ve had the real thing (Chinese food, not dinosaurs).  I’ve had real Mexican too.  TexMex and US “Chinese” food is greatness, that should be lifted up and celebrated.  

Hey I live in the sticks where gigantic Kevin Durant wingspan vultures fly around with a sadistic gleam in their eyes and (at least) 3 ft tall wild turkeys stalk you from the woods (no joke). 

Certainly not population killing dino's, but its real. Gotta count for something.

• Haha 2

It sucks for Klay and KD, but both of those guys were pushing their bodies past the limit and even though these guys are super human at basketball, we forget that they are still human physically.  No doubt in my mind them not being 100% and their condition is a huge reason they suffered these major injuries.  But the fact they laid it all out on the line when their backs were against the wall shows how much they wanted it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Are they even making the playoffs next season?

Hard to say yes. Gotta see what happens with Boogie's recovery, then see what kind of offense they can run with him, Steph and Draymond.

Steph better be careful getting his breakfast this morning. They have been struck down by something fierce.

I'd suspect both Iggy and Livingston retire (that frees up $24 mil next year). That could be used to pay Cousins but I'd suspect they'll look other places too. Klay and Kevon Looney is a must sign though. So is Quinn Cook for depth.

But they'll have a lot roster spots available for fa's and re-signings. Good thing they got an ownership that doesn't have a problem spending.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/GSW.html

Wild prediction - Steph and Draymond lead the GSW to a 6th seed in the West next year, Klay and KD are back in time for another run.  I'm not saying they win it all but I think they at least make the WCF Finals.

All of this assumes they can re-sign everyone.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wild prediction - Steph and Draymond lead the GSW to a 6th seed in the West next year, Klay and KD are back in time for another run.  I'm not saying they win it all but I think they at least make the WCF Finals

Maybe Klay, but I don't think there's any way in sam hell we see KD in '19-'20

• Like 1