Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

****, man, CP look like he was about to get emotional.

Cant blame him. Built a super team in LA and got his ass handed to him by Curry repeatedly. 

Goes to Houston to make another contender and gets his ass handed to him repeatedly by Curry 

dude probably randomly wakes up in the middle of the night and realizes he’s on the floor in the corner of his bedroom sucking his thumb  

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pretty sad stuff from Harden in Games 5 & 6.

Rockets outhustled, outcoached and outplayed.  Warriors have the heart of a champion and the Rockets absolutely do not.

Go Bucks!

As much as you've been on Houston the last 2 years we ought to make you pay a fee to be able to post again after an epic, series ending L like that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m still not sure what I just watched 

But for real, if Houston runs it back next year they’ll have the honor of losing to the Bucks in the finals. The Warriors are done after this year. 

Thats progress. 

I'm not sure I'd write off the Warriors just yet and not sure how Houston beats them next year. 

Houston is just a very undisciplined team. The turning point was the chance for the Rockets to go up 9 when they had a 3 on 1 fast break and instead of getting a layup they blew it looking for a 3. They screwed up that possession and it turned into an Iggy 3 pointer on the other end  to cut the lead to four. That just killed their momentum. That  "chuck a three or bust" mentality bit them in the ass. All year D'Antoni basically either ISO'd James Harden and let him shoot every shot imaginable or he just had his players shoot threes as early as possible in the shot clock.. That kind of offense will never win a championship.

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Peter, iggy was 5-8 from 3 lol 

That's weak.

I was wrong.  But I also don't see where anybody stepped and said I was going to be wrong when I said that either.  Nobody was in here claiming that GS was going to win because Iggy was going to put up a very efficient 17 points.

Houston is not coming back next year as a real threat to win the west.  They might put up some numbers in the regular season, but I'd be shocked if they were actually a threat to come out of the west next year.

Edited by PeterMP

I think Denver and Utah and maybe Portland are the real heirs to Golden State in the WC.  I thought OKC might have been in that class too, but it feels like their window is closing.  Health issues will only become more frequent for them as their players age.

I'm rooting for Sacramento and Dallas to make the kind of leap that Denver did, but Dallas hasn't really shown signs of progress yet, and it is hard to bet on the Kings.

you also have to figure Phoenix will eventually climb out of the gutter right?  They have so much young talent.

Minnesota has a chance to get good too.  They have made so many mistakes in this building effort.  But KAT is one of the best young players in the league.  That gives them mulligans.

Also wanted to say that the Clippers are a Kawhi signing away from becoming a top four seed IMO.  Their core of role players is very impressive.  They have all of the pieces in place to have an elite defense.  Add one of the league's best two way wings to that and they'd be ready to win.