Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Capella is certainly a good player.  Draymond's been playing well so far in the playoffs (though his shooting is way down and that might eventually catch up to them), but I'd be hesitant to tell you I'd take Draymond over Capella, and I'd certainly take Capella over the like Looney, etc

I don't know how you can say Houston is at a distinct disadvantage and they are horribly coached.  They took it to 7 games last year, and it isn't like the coach missed all those 3s.

They are either not as good.  Or they are badly coached.  It really can't be both.  If you are badly coached and not as good, you are not taking a series to 7 games.

(I'd go with not as good.)

DAntoni is overrated as a coach. 

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anyone else read about Houston's "audit" of game 7 from the WCF?  What a bunch of nerdy little losers.  I'm back to hating them again, take their asses Golden State. 

Bunch of ****es. They do anything and everything possible to initiate contact. They are an absurdly unlikable team.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anyone else read about Houston's "audit" of game 7 from the WCF?  What a bunch of nerdy little losers.  I'm back to hating them again, take their asses Golden State. 

It’s a losers mentality when you miss 25 straight three pointers in a game and blame officiating for losing. Make a basket and stop worrying about creating contact in some ridiculous, unnatural way.

• Like 2

And this is what triggers me the most, Dantoni basically said in a postgame presser "the refs admitted that they missed like 8 calls" who cares. make your shots. i saw that game. The Rockets were missing shots and turning it over when they could have easily gotten back into it. they were like down 2 late and they kept missing shots. don't blame the refs. play better. 

I often don't say this but the rockets have no case here. the league is not conspiring against you. golden state is just damn good. the level of talent between houston and gs is a GIGANTIC gap, I've said this time and time again. It has nothing to do with officiating. GS has a stacked roster. 

19 hours ago, PeterMP said:

The rule is clear.  If the defensive player lands in a forward position from where they left off in away that interferes with the offensive players landing, it should be a foul.

Green is behind the 3 point line when he leaves his feet and across the 3 point line when he lands, and he interferes with Harden's ability to land.

It should have been a foul.

I'd love to see them call it that way.  I've written many posts on how the rules have been changed to give the advantage to the perimeter offensive player, but it is clear the NBA disagrees and there currently doesn't seem to be a widespread push to change the rule.

19 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I didn't say the kickout was natural.  If Green goes straight up and Harden's feet get tangled up with Greens legs and that affects Harden's landing, then that's not a foul.

But that's not what happened.

Interestingly, the NBAs 2 minute report agreed with the non call on Dray against Harden. It said Dray would have missed Harden if Harden hadn't extended his legs. So perhaps there is wiggle room with the rule now?

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Interestingly, the NBAs 2 minute report agreed with the non call on Dray against Harden. It said Dray would have missed Harden if Harden hadn't extended his legs. So perhaps there is wiggle room with the rule now?

Yeah, I saw that, which is why I let it go.

From my view of it, it looks like Draymond comes down in his landing zone even if he doesn't kick out.  Harden kicks out, but he has to pull his legs back under him to land, and Green jumped forward and is where he lands.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

James Harden is that dude at the gym who ruins the game with too many suspect calls.

The way Harden pleads for fouls on jump shots can feel like someone calling offensive fouls in a pickup game: technically allowed, he said, but weak sauce.

http://theundefeated.com/features/james-harden-houston-rockets-disrespects-the-unwritten-rules-of-basketball/

Harden has to win tonight or the clowning is going to gain momentum. 

• Like 3

He's not gonna win. The fact that Foster was named Special Guest Referee for this one at the last minute (classic Vinnie Mac Corporate screwjob) all but guarantees that this will be a night to remember 😂

Edited by Mr. Sinister

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The league is adamant that Foster was scheduled for this game before the playoffs/this matchup even began.

But you don’t have to believe that.  Kinda more fun if you don’t...

Infinitely more fun if you believe it but just prefer the other storyline, because it sounds awesome.

• Haha 1

Haha foul on Harden right away.  Awesome.  

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Ugh. I hate those carbon jerseys. Id rather they go back to those Oscar era uni's if they're going outside the box 

I like the town letters and the design on the front but when your colors are gold and blue...and you pull out some grey stuff?  C'mon.