Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Houston is right to be mad about those no calls on threeĀ point fouls. Ā Warriors have gotten away with jumping into shooters all game.

Ā 

And Harden has gotten away with push offs and grabs all game while getting calls on garbage. So whatever GS has done, Hardens gotten away with far more. I donā€™t even care for GS but itā€™s really bad officiatingĀ 

49 minutes ago, Destino said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Houston is right to be mad about those no calls on threeĀ point fouls. Ā Warriors have gotten away with jumping into shooters all game.

Ā 

It's not causing Houston to miss these shots. It's tough for the refs to call these fouls when Chris Paul is trying to throw his ass into a defender on a 3 point shot and Harden is doing a double-legged kickout on his shot and keeps falling down. I'm glad the refs are swallowing their whistles and allowing these guys to play instead of parading them to the foul line every time they take a dive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Ā 

It's not causing Houston to miss these shots. It's tough for the refs to call these fouls when Chris Paul is trying to throw his ass into a defender on a 3 point shot and Harden is doing a double-legged kickout on his shot and keeps falling down. I'm glad the refs are swallowing their whistles and allowing these guys to play instead of parading them to the foul line every time they take a dive.

Ā 

It's a dangerous play that's been a point of emphasis ever since the Warriors destroyed Kawhi's ankle.Ā  Houston has a legitimate complaint this game.Ā  I'm not saying Houston doesn't try to game the system, we all know they do, but today the refs inexplicably decided not to call something that's been called all season.

Harden's entire game is suckering refs into bad calls.Ā 

Ā 

For every missed foul, he commits and/or gets credit for 3 of them. Lots of non contact fouls guarding him and lots of missed offensive fouls against him. Yet no one ever talks about that. Why is that?

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Ā 

It's a dangerous play that's been a point of emphasis ever since the Warriors destroyed Kawhi's ankle.Ā  Houston has a legitimate complaint this game.Ā  I'm not saying Houston doesn't try to game the system, we all know they do, but today the refs inexplicably decided not to call something that's been called all season.

Ā 

Agreed. Textbook calls missed on some of them and a few the shooters threw out their legs to change the landing zone/draw contact. That's the problem with the foul right now. Players have learned that you can do that and get the call 99% of the time.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

The Warriors are unbeatable. Not even Houston trying their best could beat them. And again, remember who Houston's coach is. Yeah, the same guy who flamed out with the Knicks, Lakers (people forget that) and other such teams. He can get you into the playoffs, if he has a stacked team, but he can't win you a title.Ā 

17 hours ago, Destino said:

Ā 

Ā 

Like I said, it's hard to make that call when Harden is falling down on almost every single shot he takes. This is a clear example of Harden, one pushing off a defender which he does often with no call, and two, kicking his legs into a defender who has made a clean contest on his shot. Harden got these calls in the regular season. He's not getting them now and I'm very satisfied about that. It's time some integrity was brought back into the NBA. It's bad enough they've handcuffed defenders but now players aren't even allowed to contest shots anymore. Why even play any defense at all?

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Harden's entire game is suckering refs into bad calls.Ā 

Ā 

For every missed foul, he commits and/or gets credit for 3 of them. Lots of non contact fouls guarding him and lots of missed offensive fouls against him. Yet no one ever talks about that. Why is that?

Ā 

I think more and more people are taking about Hardens game and all garbage he gets away with. The way he gets away with stuff and gets called isnā€™t good for the game.

7 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Ā 

Like I said, it's hard to make that call when Harden is falling down on almost every single shot he takes. This is a clear example of Harden, one pushing off a defender which he does often with no call, and two, kicking his legs into a defender who has made a clean contest on his shot. Harden got these calls in the regular season. He's not getting them now and I'm very satisfied about that. It's time some integrity was brought back into the NBA. It's bad enough they've handcuffed defenders but now players aren't even allowed to contest shots anymore. Why even play any defense at all?

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

Ā 

I donā€™t know how anyone can think this is a foul with the way he kicks his feet forward in a completely unnatural way. Iā€™m not a huge draymond fan ā€œI've been fouled by James on a JamesĀ 3-pointer beforeā€ is so spot onĀ and I suspect a lot of players agree with him.

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Ā 

I think more and more people are taking about Hardens game and all garbage he gets away with. The way he gets away with stuff and gets called isnā€™t good for the game.

Ā 

I donā€™t know how anyone can think this is a foul with the way he kicks his feet forward in a completely unnatural way. Iā€™m not a huge draymond fan ā€œI've been fouled by James on a JamesĀ 3-pointer beforeā€ is so spot onĀ and I suspect a lot of players agree with him.

Ā 

The rule is clear.Ā  If the defensive player lands in a forward position from where they left off in away that interferes with the offensive players landing, it should be a foul.

Ā 

Green is behind the 3 point line when he leaves his feet and across the 3 point line when he lands, and he interferes with Harden's ability to land.

Ā 

It should have been a foul.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

The whole gather part of Harden's usual step back routine is a travel too.Ā 

Ā 

I'd love to see them call it that way.Ā  I've written many posts on how the rules have been changed to give the advantage to the perimeter offensive player, but it is clear the NBA disagrees and there currently doesn't seem to be a widespread push to change the rule.

Edited by PeterMP

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

Ā 

The rule is clear.Ā  If the defensive player lands in a forward position from where they left off in away that interferes with the offensive players landing, it should be a foul.

Ā 

Green is behind the 3 point line when he leaves his feet and across the 3 point line when he lands.

Ā 

It should have been a foul.

Ā 

No way. You think that was Hardens natural way of coming down?? Thatā€™s ridiculousĀ