Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Are you both watching the Warriors? They don't have an "on" switch. 

The "on switch" is supposed to be the playoffs.  At least that's what we heard all season.  That they were essentially bored by the regular season and that they'd really show their stuff come playoff time.  Two losses to the Clippers isn't a good sign with the Rockets waiting.  The Warriors defense looks bad.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Is Kawhi not a perfect fit for that Clippers team?  He's obviously good in Toronto, but him on the Clippers could make them a contender if Durant goes to the Knicks.

He's made for Milwaukee.  The only person in the world that thinks his personality belongs in LA is his agent.  He's an excellent shooter and defender.  He belongs alongside Giannis.  They'd be the new Kobe and Shaq. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

He's made for Milwaukee.  The only person in the world that thinks his personality belongs in LA is his agent.  He's an excellent shooter and defender.  He belongs alongside Giannis.  They'd be the new Kobe and Shaq. 

Terrifying thought tbh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are they not competing now? What team is constructed like that that can’t compete?  

I don't think anyone is beating the Warriors this year.  But if they get broken up this summer, then hopefully that will open the league up.  Problem is all it takes is for Kawhi or Anthony Davis or Durant again to figure out how to team up with another elite player and create another super team.

31 minutes ago, Destino said:

Well that would be a great situation and create a super team, but Milwaukee doesn't have the cap space to sign him thankfully.  They're at 100 million in cap allocations for next year, and I suspect they're going to have to pay Khris Middleton this summer.  They also have to make a decision on Mirotic.  I'm not sure they can realistically clear out room for Kawhi.

Milwaukee's roster is super deep in quality.  There has been this narrative that they'd be nothing without Giannis, but it's a well built team.  Pau Gasol, George Hill, Ersan, Connaughton, and Snell is such a nice bench.  Good prospect in development in Donte DiVicienzo too.  They've got a great culture of defense, selflessness, and next man up depth.  Very envious of that team.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think anyone is beating the Warriors this year.  But if they get broken up this summer, then hopefully that will open the league up.  Problem is all it takes is for Kawhi or Anthony Davis or Durant again to figure out how to team up with another elite player and create another super team.

I don't think that's really true.  If Durant and Kawhi go to the Knicks, I don't think that's another super team.  They'd pretty much be capped out then and have very little of a bench.

Do they become instant contenders in the East?  Yes, but I don't think they are clearly better than Milwaukee, Boston (assuming Kyrie stays), or Philly.

In GS, one of the top 4 (and maybe the best) player in the league went to a team that was champions without them having to lose a significant player.  It was a one time thing due to a couple of factors (the quick increase in the salary cap and the contracts in GS).

Two stars on the Knicks is more of a Miami situation, and they were good, but they also lost finals.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Crazy idea: limit max contracts team can have at one time? Two?  That wouldnt stop the bucks from getting Leonard.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Nah I think it'd take alot more than that.  Like PeterMP said, Durant to the Warriors was ridiculous one time thing, because the Warriors were already NBA champs with Curry and Thompson.

The Clippers had Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan and couldn't do jackcrap in the playoffs. 

Also remember when the Lakers got Dwight Howard, with Kobe and Gasol already on the team?  How'd that work out?

Edited by DCSaints_fan

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26620060/curry-thompson-questionable-game-1

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors All-Stars Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson are "questionable" for Sunday's Game 1 against the Houston Rockets in the NBA's Western Conference semifinals because of right ankle injuries, according to Warriors coach Steve Kerr.

Durant might actually have to carry the team.