Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Alright I've got some scorching hot takes for you guys:

1 - Joel Embiid is going to miss a lot of time and have a disappointing season and the Sixers will back into the playoffs as the 8th seed.

2 - Kyrie Irving will miss a lot of time and have a disappointing season but it won't matter, the Celtics will still be the two seed because...  Tatum and Brown are already their two best players and the on-offs will suggest that they are better when Terry Rozier is on the floor.  Tatum will make his first all star appearance this year.  Brown will get snubbed even though it's clear he's better than Hayward, who will make it.

3 - Toronto will unsexily get the one seed again.

4 - Your Washington Wizards will get the three seed.

5 - Anthony Davis will miss a lot of time and have a disappointing season and the Pelicans will miss the playoffs.

6 - The Golden State Warriors will lose to--actually nevermind.  Even that is too spicy a take for me.  They're going to ****ing cruise to another ring.

7 - Some time in February, LeBron will whine about not getting enough attention and not having good enough teammates.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Alright I've got some scorching hot takes for you guys:

1 - Joel Embiid is going to miss a lot of time and have a disappointing season and the Sixers will back into the playoffs as the 8th seed.

2 - Kyrie Irving will miss a lot of time and have a disappointing season but it won't matter, the Celtics will still be the two seed because...  Tatum and Brown are already their two best players and the on-offs will suggest that they are better when Terry Rozier is on the floor.  Tatum will make his first all star appearance this year.  Brown will get snubbed even though it's clear he's better than Hayward, who will make it.

3 - Toronto will unsexily get the one seed again.

4 - Your Washington Wizards will get the three seed.

5 - Anthony Davis will miss a lot of time and have a disappointing season and the Pelicans will miss the playoffs.

6 - The Golden State Warriors will lose to--actually nevermind.  Even that is too spicy a take for me.  They're going to ****ing cruise to another ring.

7 - Some time in February, LeBron will whine about not getting enough attention and not having good enough teammates.

grumpymen_400x400.jpg

this is you right?

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Omg, Steve, c'mon man.

tenor (4).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

As long as LeBron understands what he signed up for it shouldn't be too bad. 

People saying stuff like 4 or 3 seed this year, thats if everything goes right and he lets Luke coach the team.  I already like Luke better then any coach he's ever had, but if he starts treating that franchise like the Cleveland Cavaliers he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.  

Put me down for "inevitable" as well.

I can see a 5 seed. 3 or 4, LeBron would have to play at a  runaway MVP level and Ball would have to put a stranglehold on PG at some point. They're not gonna ragtag their way to a top 3 seed in the West, just seems too difficult. If they do, I will drink hydrochloric acid

I think LeBron takes it easy this year, and let's the youngins get their feet wet.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I think the people predicting that the Lakers get a top four seed are underestimating what a battle it's going to be just for them to make the playoffs.  Unless some stars get hurt, the top four seeds are pretty much a lock to be some order of Golden State, Houston, Utah, and OKC.  Portland will probably make it.  Then you've got a dog fight of Minnesota, San Antonio, New Orleans, Dallas, and the two LA teams fighting for the final three spots.  The only three teams that won't be in a race for a playoff spot are Sacramento, Memphis, and Phoenix.  And Phoenix is trying to win, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

Yup, I think Utah will be really good.

I admit I am strangely curious to see if/when Melo realizes that his reasoning for riding the bench this year (going all in for a title) is all but a wisp of smoke once the playoffs come,  what his reaction will be.

Will he suddenly realize that he still hates D'Antoni, and make a beeline for him in the blowout gm 5 (I see no earthly way, with moderately healthy Boogie that they don't get their asses beat mercilessly in May) and literally try to beat the Pringles out of him???

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the people predicting that the Lakers get a top four seed are underestimating what a battle it's going to be just for them to make the playoffs.  Unless some stars get hurt, the top four seeds are pretty much a lock to be some order of Golden State, Houston, Utah, and OKC.  Portland will probably make it.  Then you've got a dog fight of Minnesota, San Antonio, New Orleans, Dallas, and the two LA teams fighting for the final three spots.  The only three teams that won't be in a race for a playoff spot are Sacramento, Memphis, and Phoenix.  And Phoenix is trying to win, for what it's worth.

and you forget Denver.  

Kawhi Leonard definitely looks healthy.  I can't believe he just got away with faking an injury and sandbagging the Spurs.  That should be some kind of breach of contract violation.

I bounce back and forth on this Raptors move between thinking Toronto got an incredible steal and Toronto got a radioactive snake who will destroy their locker room by the end of the spring.

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

and you forget Denver.  

Whups, I knew there was someone else.  Yeah they look like a playoff team too.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kawhi Leonard definitely looks healthy.  I can't believe he just got away with faking an injury and sandbagging the Spurs.  That should be some kind of breach of contract violation.

I bounce back and forth on this Raptors move between thinking Toronto got an incredible steal and Toronto got a radioactive snake who will destroy their locker room by the end of the spring.

Whups, I knew there was someone else.  Yeah they look like a playoff team too.

If he's right, I'd say Kawhi sleepwalks into a top 3 finish

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If he's right, I'd say Kawhi sleepwalks into a top 3 finish 

Yeah that sounds about right.  Best player on a likely one or two seed.  Not the same kind of group dynamic as in Boston.  Curry and Durant split their votes.  If the Rockets take a step back and Westbrook misses time, then that'd put Harden and Westbrook behind him.  Mitchell and Gobert won't get it.  The Lakers won't win enough for LeBron to get it.

It kind of feels like a competition between Davis, Giannis, and Kawhi.  Kawhi is on the best team of the three.  Davis is the best player among the three though.  If he puts up superhuman numbers, then he might win it over guys whose teams had better records.  I also haven't ruled out Davis hauling a weak Pelicans team to a ridiculous record like KG did in 2004 and CP3 did in 2008.  If he does that, he's a shoe-in to win it.

And I also wouldn't rule out Curry or Durant winning another MVP.  Even though they suppress each other's numbers, they're still significantly better players than Giannis and Kawhi and they will almost certainly be leading the NBA's top team.