Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 10/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, StillUnknown said:

I sincerely hope they let Kristaps take as much time as necessary to recover. Torn ACL's are not the death sentence they used to be, but its kind of unknown territory when it happens to an athletic 7'3 human

No way he'll be the same imo, but it doesn't have to be the end.

I'm just along for the ride on As the Butler turns, eating my popcorn....

18 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

If they dont trade him, Minnesota is a top 5 league pass team

He gonna swing on them boys before long

I would be concerned that KAT kinda let Butler punk him, and loudly.  At least the reports were Wiggins got a fire lit under him.  

If KAT is gonna be the man, he needs to have some take charge, not on my watch, attitude.  I kinda dont see that.  There's gonna need to be somebody else on that team to fill that role. 

I mean, if I'm cutting him some slack, he's only 22.  Maybe that's a lot to ask that he assert himself. If he's 27/28 and still letting big personalities dominate what should be his locker room, then it'll be a real problem. 

But the bit about Butler guarding him in the post and KAT couldnt handle him and passed it back out was problematic.  That's what a soft player would do.  He cant be that.

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Rather have him then Otto.

I mean, one guy's an all-star, all-NBA kinda talent and the other is Otto.  And Butler is $10mil cheaper.  I think everybody would rather have him than Otto.  lol

36 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I mean, one guy's an all-star, all-NBA kinda talent and the other is Otto.  And Butler is $10mil cheaper.  I think everybody would rather have him than Otto.  lol

depends on the situation. If i'm a contender this season or next give me Butler, otherwise I'd take Otto. I don't like Butler longer term because of the mileage on him. Butler is the clearly better player, but Otto would be the better long term play

• Thanks 1

Butler is also a crappy teammate and he can't shoot.  But he's a beast of a scorer.  And a bulldog on defense.  I'd take him over Otto and try and figure out how to make the spacing work later.

That'd be a pretty explosive locker room though.  No chance he and John Wall wouldn't get in a fight in training camp.

* forgot about the contract situations.  I wouldn't take Butler over Otto without him agreeing to an extension first.

I have no time for this Jimmy Butler was mean stuff.  According to reports he played with the reserves and took it to the team’s stars and talked mad trash the whole way.  KAT and Wiggins should be embarrassed that something like this is being reported as being a problem for them.  If they can’t stop Butler between the two of them, the real problem isn’t that Butler was mean.  It’s that their sorry asses couldn’t stop him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Butler is also a crappy teammate and he can't shoot.  But he's a beast of a scorer.  And a bulldog on defense.  I'd take him over Otto and try and figure out how to make the spacing work later.

That'd be a pretty explosive locker room though.  No chance he and John Wall wouldn't get in a fight in training camp.

* forgot about the contract situations.  I wouldn't take Butler over Otto without him agreeing to an extension first.

I think Wall would benefit from a credible all star that can bark back at him in those players only meeting and film room sessions.  He may not like it but it probably ends up getting better because of it.  As long as Butler didn’t needle Big Panda, things would be fine.  I’m convinced that Beal is the crazy one, not Wall.  Just look at how much smiling Wall does at Beal, versus everyone else.  Yeah, Beals the scary one for sure.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Actually watching this whole situation play out... Butler is a ****ing horrible teammate.  I'm not really sure who would want to play with this guy.

Butler just cut different

I think he is genuinely offended by seeing two individuals with so much natural talent not putting in the work he has to be great. He needs to be on a team with people who care as much as he does for it work. He's not built to play the teacher role.

31 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think he is genuinely offended by seeing two individuals with so much natural talent not putting in the work he has to be great. He needs to be on a team with people who care as much as he does for it work. He's not built to play the teacher role.

Sounds like a good fit for the Pacers.  Too bad he didn’t list them as a place he wanted to go.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Well ****...

He'd kill Whiteside off some Mack from Predator/hidden blade ****

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I don't know man.  I think we've been making excuses for a guy who is a selfish prick and a prima donna.  The media definitely has been.  If this guy were on the Wizards and we saw him act this way we would be killing him.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know man.  I think we've been making excuses for a guy who is a selfish prick and a prima donna.  The media definitely has been.  If this guy were on the Wizards and we saw him act this way we would be killing him.

I'm not sure I agree. While I don't necessarily agree with how he's going about it, I think Butler's objective has merit. I imagine that players have sense of those who are just happy to be in the league and those who are serious about their craft. I think he sees KAT and Wiggins and he senses they not the type to go all out. If I were a Minnesota fan, regardless of how the Butler situation plays out, I'd be worried because the two guys handed max deals are getting emasculated and not doing a damn thing about it.  Their talent is not in question, at least KAT's, but they showing you what is, or in this case is not, on the inside.

Klay Thompson says the Warriors want to win one more championship for the city of Oakland before they move to the distant shores of San Francisco because the fans in Oakland "might not get to see them much any more."

They are bored and struggling to come up with motivation to get through the season.  The NBA is a video game and the lack of competition is even boring for the players themselves.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:45 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I want to see him on the Wizards so they can still not win 50 games and also because Butler and Wall will have a fight by the all star break. 

It might end up helping team chemistry since it could cause other players to actually like Wall and side with him over Butler 

Last person he'd fight would be Wall, more like the two of them causing Dwight a mental breakdown in a player only meeting.  Wall also isn't the teacher type and calls players out for not wanting to be great. Peas in a pod actually.