Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nats Parking?

mcsluggo

anyone have a tip of where to park for nats games?

(or where to try to avoid?)

I am embarassed to confess tht i still haven't been to the park yet, but i am going to tonights game, with my 3 daughters, and my wife (which is to say... don't steer me towards the great value spot 10 bocks away next to the methadone clinic :) )

thnks!

norman-rockwell-100th-anniversary-baseba

Metro is fast and easy from the park.  I always take it, and the wait after the game is pretty trivial.  Granted, I usually go to weekend afternoon games (young kids), but I imagine the night games are probably similar.

There are several lots between the park and the navy yard that are not to far away and in nice areas (lot next to Potbelly is good if you need a reference point, 5 min walk).  The garage in the 80 M street building is good and probably the easiest to get to and then escape to 395.  Most lots are owned by colonial parking, check their website for better directions.

Whatever you do, just don't park in the residential streets. They ticket and/or tow. Plus it is a rough neighborhood, you never know when you might get mugged or shot at...

Okay, that last part is a lie, I just don't want you to park in the residential streets because that's one less spot I have to park in when I get home :)

Seriously though, there is a parking lot on Half and Mst SW. I don't think it is that expensive. Like $20 I think. It fills up quick though.

I will tell you one thing...if you are planning on parking in one of those "lots" make sure you buy your parking pass online...I have had then deny me more than once because I didn't pay in advance. 

As others have said...find a garage.

Archived