Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP James Gandolfini

ixcuincle

I saw a few eps of Sopranos when I was in college. That was one of the best shows of the 2000's. Everyone knew who Tony Soprano was, even if they didn't watch the show. 

Gandolfini was a legend and he played Soprano brilliantly 

So may he rest in peace. Damn. This is just so sad. 

Damn. One of the best characters on tv ever and one of my favorite shows... Always held out slim hope for a movie....

Poor guy... Such a great actor.

Me too!! I just saw him in this movie and he killed it. Loved the scene where he was chugging beers in the bar and the hotel room scene

"You want a tip? Put the condom on with your mouth and stop acting like your anus is a national treasure" LOL

Wow. Dammit. Been wondering about his heath in recent years. Hadn't looked good at times. :(

TMZ has a recent pic (taken June 1st) and it looked pretty good (relative to how he's looked at times) and seemed to be in a good mood.

Shame, great actor and by most accounts he was a good guy.

Wow. Dammit. Been wondering about his heath in recent years. Hadn't looked good at times. :(

Yeah, first thing I thought when I saw this on the news at the gym this evening was "heart attack."  Sad to see that seems to be the case now. :(  

Really enjoyed him as an actor and sorry I won't be seeing him on screen anymore :(  He seemed to be a good guy outside of Hollywood too.  I still remember a Dateline or 48 Hours I watched a while back where Gandolfini took an interest in an inmate he felt was wrongly accused.  He visited the guy in prison and showed up to the appeals trials where the Innocence Project was defending him.  After being wrongly imprisoned and on death row for years, this guy's conviction was eventually overturned and Gandolfini was there congratulating him.  It was pretty cool to see him take an interest in something that didn't focus on him - very un-Hollywood-like.  Anyway, kind of a cool, different view of a celebrity and definitely gave me a good impression of him. 

Anyway, RIP to him and condolences to his family. 

I have watched him take on supporting roles, I was about to begin the Sopranos here shortly.  Never saw the show, and never got a taste of what he was famous for.  Him and Vince Flynn (who I am unfamiliar with, but his face looks familiar) were too young.

Watch it asap.  It's one of the best TV shows ever made.

Some actors, after they become successful, start to believe their own press clippings, and next thing you know, you've got a monster on your hands.

I worked with Gandolfini after he'd already made a name for himself, and he wasn't one of those guys. He was a guy who was easy to work with, quiet and professional. A good guy.

RIP

Some actors, after they become successful, start to believe their own press clippings, and next thing you know, you've got a monster on your hands.

I worked with Gandolfini after he'd already made a name for himself, and he wasn't one of those guys. He was a guy who was easy to work with, quiet and professional. A good guy.

RIP

Pretty cool.  How'd you get the opportunity?

Archived