Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FBI digging for Jimmy Hoffa's body (again)

SKINS@THEGOALLINE

A new tip has police combing a field in Oakland County, Mich., for the remains of the former Teamsters boss.

DETROIT -- Calling Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance "an open wound" for Detroit, officials say they're hopeful a dig in northern Oakland County, Mich., will turn up the body of the former Teamsters boss.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/06/17/jimmy-hoffas-remains-search/2431293/

I thought he was in the end zone of Giants' stadium. :lol:

Does it even matter at this point? Almost 40 years ago, I doubt anyone will be held responsible for the murder even if they do find the remains-it's no longer a body. Aren't the bug mob bosses they wanted to pin this on all dead anyways?

Typing that I felt how cruel that must sound to the Hoffa family, but many other families who have had people gone missing have not had the FBI do full excavation & search of properties, even when they have better tips and actual evidence-something the FBI has never had before starting one of these missions-than these Hoffa tips that are coming in.

It seems all that it takes is one guy to lie to the FBI and get 1 or 2 of his buddies to say it's true for them to turn a Walmart parking lot into an American archeologist's wet dream.

Your tax dollars at work. Silver lining, heavy equipment operators in that neck of the woods who have been unemployed might be able to get themselves some much needed work.

Does it even matter at this point? Almost 40 years ago, I doubt anyone will be held responsible for the murder even if they do find the remains-it's no longer a body. Aren't the bug mob bosses they wanted to pin this on all dead anyways?

Typing that I felt how cruel that must sound to the Hoffa family, but many other families who have had people gone missing have not had the FBI do full excavation & search of properties, even when they have better tips and actual evidence-something the FBI has never had before starting one of these missions-than these Hoffa tips that are coming in.

It seems all that it takes is one guy to lie to the FBI and get 1 or 2 of his buddies to say it's true for them to turn a Walmart parking lot into an American archeologist's wet dream.

Your tax dollars at work. Silver lining, heavy equipment operators in that neck of the woods who have been unemployed might be able to get themselves some much needed work.

Yeah, sad to think people are being paid to find this guy after all these years. Well, maybe 'sad' isn't the right word for people not related to the Hoffa's. But geez, why does this even matter now?

The metro Detroit area might resemble Beirut, circa 1983. Or hell, it probably resembles Detroit circa 1967 but that's no reason to waste money on this guy.

Feds searching for Jimmy Hoffa find concrete slabs, sources say

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 7:36 PM PDT Updated: Jun 18, 2013 6:02 AM PDT

Day one of the latest search for Jimmy Hoffa officially ended with no sign of the missing Teamsters boss. Now, day two is underway.

Using heavy equipment, sources said investigators found a couple of concrete slabs. Digging up a half acre area near Buell and Adams Road in Oakland Township has not yet located any remains, but it is an indication they are on the right track when it comes to information provided by their tipster, Detroit mafia underboss Tony Zerilli.

"There was a barn that used to be on the property, and we believe it's in the barn underneath the ground," said David Chasnick, Zerilli's attorney.

Zerilli is now 85 and recently published a manuscript detailing what he says happened to Hoffa. He described an old house with an old barn. Zerilli claims Hoffa was kidnapped, bound and gagged and dragged to a shallow hole already dug in the barn floor. He put up a fight, but was hit over the head with a shovel and buried alive. A cement slab was placed on top of his grave.

The connection? The land once belonged to Detroit mob boss Jack Tocco.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22615814/sources-concrete-slabs-found-during-hoffa-search-in-oakland-twp#ixzz2Wan72tl9

The plot thickens.

I really think this has become a popular way for dying mob guys to give the FBI one more "**** you" before they die.  They make their deathbed confession, give some address in Bum****, Michigan where the body is buried, then go off to meet their Maker wearing a smile while the FBI guys are sweating their balls off in a fly-infested farm field digging holes for a body they'll never find.

The guy who claimed he killed Hoffa said he had the body incinerated. What's the point?

No surprise, the body wasn't found. Search called off.

Dude is dead, whoever killed him is dead, and no mobster's family deserves anyone lifting a finger to give them peace of mind - live by the sword, die by the sword.

The guy who claimed he killed Hoffa said he had the body incinerated. What's the point?

No surprise, the body wasn't found. Search called off.

Dude is dead, whoever killed him is dead, and no mobster's family deserves anyone lifting a finger to give them peace of mind - live by the sword, die by the sword.

My thoughts exactly . . . I wonder the cost of such folly, and who footed the bill. (The tax payer, I'm guessing.)

Its official, they didn't find anything.

I like the F you theory earlier, puts a smile on my face for some reason.

In times like these, is this public display of government waste enough to spark a full scale investigation of the FBI's finances? I'm sure they have some policy or safeguards in place to prevent public disclosure of any information, but is this enough to change public opinion to the point politicians will be forced into action?

I doubt it, but I wish it would happen.

Archived