Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AL Monitor: What Will Happen on Election Day In Iran?

visionary

I work for Persians, and they like this guy.  Even though they can sometimes be a pain as far as how the restaurant is running, I love talking about this stuff with them, and they love that there's an American who likes learning about their part of the world. 

Told them about you, visionary, that you post all of the important world news(on an NFL team's message board, no less, lol) and they send a "merci"!

I'll just say "Hail!"

Ha ha, thanks.  Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of Rouhani. 

Some of the stuff he's said has been pretty encouraging, but other stuff makes me worry.

It seems like there will be some positive changes, but I'm unsure just how much.

In the end it may come down to how much Khamenei and the GC and hardliners in parliament are willing to let him do.

I expect we'll see some improvements in personal freedom in Iran, and maybe more openness to talks with the US, but there are a lot of things the hardliners will cling to for dear life.

Exactly what they said!  They like him, the person,(presuming him to be honest), but fear "the crazy". 

I used Sarah Palin as an example for "the crazy", but they watch FoxNews all day, so I wonder what they really know, and I know they keep in touch with folks in Iran.

Archived