Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play resumes Sept 6!

renaissance

FIFA Rankings- USA #13 in the world.  Passed England.  

You say that like you've passed a major Nation and this is a great achievement.  ;)

1 WC, on English soil, and a whopping TWO other semis (1 again, on English soil); in major's does not a great Nation Internationally make.  :P

Congrats all the same though. USA ranked higher than England. This amuses me greatly.  :lol:

Hail. 

You say that like you've passed a major Nation and this is a great achievement.  ;)

1 WC, on English soil, and a whopping TWO other semis (1 again, on English soil); in major's does not a great Nation Internationally make.  :P

Congrats all the same though. USA ranked higher than England. This amuses me greatly.  :lol:

Hail. 

Yeah but England fans (particularly EPL fans) give MLS so much crap all the time.  Calling it a crappy domestic league and such.  It's just amusing they have to see the USA above them in the FIFA rankings even if it doesn't mean tons.

Yeah but England fans (particularly EPL fans) give MLS so much crap all the time.  Calling it a crappy domestic league and such.  It's just amusing they have to see the USA above them in the FIFA rankings even if it doesn't mean tons.

Your average England fan has the braincell of the average Nationwide Cowboy bandwagon jerk. Your average England fan is a xenophobic, Nationalistic, bigoted and racist moron from some small club who's only hope of ever seeing top class players or travelling abroad is with England. It's their Europe. And all of the above is fuelled by a disgraceful National press that will NEVER learn and accept it's part in the idiocy that surrounds England abroad. 

And yes, it's highly amusing as you just know this will nark the living piss out of them that a Country like America that has no right playing the beautiful game (their words and oh the irony) can be ranked above the Country that gave the game to the World. (Again, the irony there would be totally over their brain dead heads as well.). 

Oh yeah, GO USA! (Getting into the habit for next summer.  :D .).

Hail. 

Yeah but England fans (particularly EPL fans) give MLS so much crap all the time. Calling it a crappy domestic league and such. It's just amusing they have to see the USA above them in the FIFA rankings even if it doesn't mean tons.

Well you've got to give them something to feel superior about, they're British.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Us vs Ukraine starts at 2 on espn2

Lineup for USA-

Howard

Cameron onyewu brooks Castillo

Jones kljestan (really???? Still????) bedoya Dempsey

Johnson altidore

Gotta be last chances for Sacha and Castillo.

Onyewu is apparently playing well. Probably getting a look for the final cb spot. But I think that's a long shot

Well I watched as much of the game as I could stomach on my DVR last night. I don't know what looked worse the uniforms or the guys inside them. Here are some of my observations:

1. Gooch is done competing on an international level

2. Sacha was a non factor and proved once again why most people on this board do not want him anywhere near the USNMT

3. Brooks looked like a great athlete that needs to learn positioning and how to read the game.

4. Fabian Johnson's play has really fallen off on the international stage.

5. Dempsey looked terrible, he needs to get his act together. 

6. Lazy Jozy has come back (just in time for the World Cup)

7. Shea should make the team.

There's probably a lot of truth to that, but Jozy has shown that he can be very lazy. I think his work rate mirrors his confidence. When he was banging in goals for AZ, he was running all of the place. He has looked lazy and disinterested when he was failing in Hull City and the same now in Sunderland...

Clint looks like a completely different player (and not in a good way)

Which comes first, the laziness or the confidence?  It's a bad combination to have.  At least if there's effort you can potentially get something going.  I've seen him play a couple times with Sunderland and you can tell his confidence is shot.  When you miss some of the chances he has...

I was afraid that after Clint's 'failure' at Tottenham this sort of thing was going to happen.

I thought Fabian looked fine once moved to lb. he was dreadful at lm. But he also had to cover for Castillo and Sacha. And that has to be his last chance right? Please tell me I'm right.

A team without Donovan Mixx and Bradley is going to lack creativity up front. This wasn't an exercise for Jozy and Clint.

Bedoya makes the team for sure. He played great.

Last chance for Gooch, but I'm glad jk have him a chance.

My starting 11 for Ghana as of right now-

Howard

Cameron gonzo besler f Johnson

Donovan Bradley Mixx jones Dempsey

Jozy

Aron off the bench if we're down a goal for jones

Beckerman off the bench if we're up a goal for mixx

Archived