Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com RG3: I'll be ready for Redskins camp 'Without a Doubt'

ZarG3

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209826/article/rg3-without-a-doubt-ill-be-ready-for-training-camp

Our apologies to Donovan McNabb, but Robert Griffin III is back on the mic.

The Washington Redskins quarterback addressed reporters after Wednesday's organized team activities and expressed confidence that his return to the field would come long before the regular-season opener.

Asked if the first day of training camp was a realistic goal, Griffin barely thought about it: "Without a doubt," he said.

"One: It's a month (away). And then, two, it's just how I feel, and how it's progressed," Griffin said. "Over the last three weeks, I've had a lot of progress and I feel a lot better. ... While training camp's a month, month and a half away ... I feel really good about that. And then the start of the season is even farther than that. ... That's why I say 'without a doubt.' "

-------------------------------

ES Staff Edit:

I listened to the press conference.  The title of the article on NFL.com is out of context and misleading.  What RGIII said was he thinks being ready for the start of training camp is a realistic goal, and based on how he feels now and how he's progressing, he believes he'll be ready for week 1 of the regular season "without a doubt."  That is his opinion, and he knows the final decision is up to the doctors and coaches. 

RGIII did not say he'll be ready for Training Camp without a doubt.  This is obvious if you read the text of the article. 

click the link for more..

He'll practice all TC with NO contact and he'll be in street clothes all preseason would be my guess.

I agree, he wont take a preseason snap. Capt Kirk will be out there slinging the ball and getting better. Crazy that the Skins suffered so long with bad QB play and now have two good young guys.

He did next to nothing last preseason (meaning he didn't run the same offense as the regular season) and lit it up the week one against New Orleans. No reason to play during the preseason - we can beat the Eagles with a heavy load of Alfred Morris and 15-20 passes from RGIII sprinkled in.

I know this might be petty and I know I'm probably being overly sensitive, but the title of this article is sensationalist garbage at best. Very annoying, honestly, even if it's a bit harmless. I'm sick of the media being so accepting of misquotes no matter where they appear, but in titles or headlines? Seriously, when do we start holding them accountable?

Robert was asked if he thought it was reasonable to expect to practice at the start of training camp with the first team to which he replied "without a doubt". Meaning, it is certainly reasonable to have that expectation, whether it happens or not. He even further elaborated by stating one should always have a positive mindset and that's why he said "without a doubt".

Yet, of course that isn't a good enough headline and we all are sheep who need something eye catching according to the media, so it's totally acceptable for this author to falsify the statement by adding his own pretext of "I'll be ready for the start of training camp" to Robert's answer as if that's how he said and meant it.

It makes matters worse when you consider that Robert has been getting criticism lately for speaking too much to the press and that the team may be parading him to sell tickets. It gives the idiots who are just dying to hate him something to live for.

He'll practice all TC with NO contact and he'll be in street clothes all preseason would be my guess.

I doubt that.

Didn't Coach Shanahan already say that for RG3 to start week 1 against the Eagles, that he would have to play some in the preseason?

I doubt that.

Didn't Coach Shanahan already say that for RG3 to start week 1 against the Eagles, that he would have to play some in the preseason?

No he said he would have to practice, he said playing in the preseason wasn't a requirement. 

Remember the question and the context -- "Is the first day of training camp a realistic goal?".  I merely answered yes to it being a "realistic goal", he didn't say "yes, I'll be ready to hit the ground running for the first day without a doubt."

I don't see what the big deal is -- let's just wait and see.

I know this won't be popular here, but I'm with the crowd that thinks Robert needs to stop talking so damn much. Go about your business young man and let your play do the talking like the great ones do and have.

It was a team organised press conference - what was he supposed to do refuse to answer the questions? It think it was the first official press conference he has done since the end of last season.

I know this might be petty and I know I'm probably being overly sensitive, but the title of this article is sensationalist garbage at best. Very annoying, honestly, even if it's a bit harmless. I'm sick of the media being so accepting of misquotes no matter where they appear, but in titles or headlines? Seriously, when do we start holding them accountable?

Robert was asked if he thought it was reasonable to expect to practice at the start of training camp with the first team to which he replied "without a doubt". Meaning, it is certainly reasonable to have that expectation, whether it happens or not. He even further elaborated by stating one should always have a positive mindset and that's why he said "without a doubt".

Yet, of course that isn't a good enough headline and we all are sheep who need something eye catching according to the media, so it's totally acceptable for this author to falsify the statement by adding his own pretext of "I'll be ready for the start of training camp" to Robert's answer as if that's how he said and meant it.

It makes matters worse when you consider that Robert has been getting criticism lately for speaking too much to the press and that the team may be parading him to sell tickets. It gives the idiots who are just dying to hate him something to live for.

You just said what I was about to lol...the headline is ridiculously misleading.

I know this won't be popular here, but I'm with the crowd that thinks Robert needs to stop talking so damn much. Go about your business young man and let your play do the talking like the great ones do and have.

What could he have possibly said in this press conference that would lead you to feeling that way?

I agree completely. 

It was a team organised press conference - what was he supposed to do refuse to answer the questions? It think it was the first press he has done since the end of last season.

I'm not referring to this alone. I'm talking in general, especially twitter. He's putting a big bull's eye on his back. Do you see the likes of Manning, brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc talking as much as Robert?

I love, love, LOVE RGIII as our quarterback, but like I said, he needs to take a step back and realize he's only a second year player. Much work to be done.

I'm not grumpy (quite the opposite), a debbie downer, a negative nancy, etc. Just relaying how I and many others feel. I just choose to voice, er type those feelings.

I'm not referring to this alone. I'm talking in general, especially twitter. He's putting a big bull's eye on his back. Do you see the likes of Manning, brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc talking as much as Robert?

Tom Brady on Wes Welker: Nothing ‘surprises me anymore’, dispels notion his contract included a Welker agreement (WEEI’s “Dennis & Callahan Show.”)

Tom Brady takes a break from OTAs to talk business of sports with CNBC (CNBC)

Brady more confident than ever as Patriots need him more than ever - "I've never felt better' throwing football" (Sports Illustrated)

Tom Brady Talks Welker, Gronkowski and...Playing for New York? (CNBC)

...Brady looked quite comfortable at the Met Gala (above) this month in a blue moire jacket and waistcoast by Tom Ford. That came on the heels of Brady’s dandiest day ever – the Kentucky Derby. The white suit he donned at Churchill Downs evoked not just Gatsby but another literary dandy: author Tom Wolfe.

4 interviews--not team press conferences, mind you, but interviews--in just the last 2 1/2 weeks, plus attending both the Met Gala and the Kentucky Derby.

Yeah, Brady's a hermit, alright lol...

It was a team organised press conference - what was he supposed to do refuse to answer the questions? It think it was the first press he has done since the end of last season.

I love, love, LOVE RGIII as our quarterback, but like I said, he needs to take a step back and realize he's only a second year player. Much work to be done.

I'm not grumpy (quite the opposite), a debbie downer, a negative nancy, etc. Just relaying how I and many others feel. I just choose to voice, er type those feelings.

No problem about voicing your opinion - thats what ES is for.

I dont think you have to worry about RGIIIs focus though he really has not done any press or interviews since the end of last year. He has his commercials and endorsements and there has been some hot air around some if his twitter comments but a lot of what we have been hearing about RGIII is just the media starved of actual contact with RGIII writing about nothing. 

Think about what you have read about RGIII - very little is based on anything he has said, it been more about the wedding, new house etc and been press comment rather than RGIII channeling his inner Joe Thiesmann!

Archived