Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tropical threats 2013

wantarace17

Not really a tropical threat, but since this is a storm thread it seemed like a good idea to put this in here. Sounds like there is a possibility of a derecho tonight or tomorrow? What do you weather guys think?

Where is my picard facepalm when I need it. Derecho gets everyone's attention because of what happened last year. What is more likely to happen is supercell development or damaging winds. There is also a chance of tornadoes. 

I'll change the thread title so instead of having 3 different weather threads we can consolidate it here :)

Not really a tropical threat, but since this is a storm thread it seemed like a good idea to put this in here. Sounds like there is a possibility of a derecho tonight or tomorrow? What do you weather guys think?

Where is my picard facepalm when I need it. Derecho gets everyone's attention because of what happened last year. What is more likely to happen is supercell development or damaging winds. There is also a chance of tornadoes. 

I'll change the thread title so instead of having 3 different weather threads we can consolidate it here :)

So is there a certain area that's likely to get hit harder than others? I'm in Southern Maryland so just curious.

• 2 months later...

This hurricane season is close to being a record setter. If no hurricane forms by 9/11 (and though there's a wave off the coast of Africa that may become a tropical something, it's  doubtful it'll be a hurricane by then) it'll be the latest we haven't seen any hurricanes in the satellite era. If we make it to October 9th without a hurricane, we'll set the all time record. ENSO is pretty neutral if not leaning La Nina (favorable for Atlantic hurricanes) so, that's not a factor. Any dust coming off of Africa doesn't explain the Caribbean and Gulf, so....*shrugs*

• 1 month later...

Archived