Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: Father and son videotaped allegedly bullying girl with cerebral palsy

China

Father and son videotaped allegedly bullying girl with cerebral palsy

CANTON, Ohio — Hope Holcomb, 10, is like any other young girl. She loves to play and to be outside. She also doesn’t let cerebral palsy slow her down.  

But she tells us she has been afraid to leave her home in East Sparta, which is South of Canton in Stark County, because she says she is being bullied by her 9-year-old next door neighbor and his father.

Hope’s grandmother shot video last week at the bus stop. In it you can see a boy and his father, William Bailey, walking slowly with a limp.

“It started last year we had trouble on the bus, she was miserable she didn’t want to ride the bus, cried every morning,” said Tricia Knight, Hope’s mother. ”He treats her like crap, and most recently the dad got involved.”

After watching the video, Hope’s parents, Tricia and Mike, felt they needed to bring the bullying situation to the public’s attention.

“It makes me sick too, to think that a grown man would tease a 10-year-old disabled girl that has never done a thing to any of them for no reason, and now she doesn’t want to get on the bus to go to school,” said Mike Knight.

The dad in the video, William Bailey, wouldn’t talk to us but his wife Vickie says this is a fight between two families and they call each other names.

Click on the link for the full article and video

Follow-up:

Man Explains ‘Bullying’ Caught on Video

CANTON, Ohio — Bill Bailey said he and his family’s life has changed
drastically since Monday, the day the video of him and his son appeared
on the news. 

The East Sparta father of five said he has received death threats and had to put up no trespassing signs in his yard.

Bailey’s neighbors, Tricia and Mike Knight, said they believe Bailey,
43, was mocking the way their 10-year-old daughter, Hope, walks.  She
has cerebral palsy.

“Hope, I did not make fun of Hope,” said Bailey.  “I would take a
bullet to the head right now if you think I am making fun of Hope.  I
love that girl, I love that whole family.”

Bailey said the two families have been feuding for several weeks and that Hope’s family has called his 9-year-old son names.    

“Well, dad is right there behind him,” Bailey said. “When I was
brought up, my mom stood up behind me through thick and thin.  If I was
in the wrong, she was still there for me. I am there for my son no
matter what.”

He said last Tuesday when the video was shot he was recovering from a fall that happened the night before.

“It was a leg injury and when you hit so hard your ribs get bruised,”
Bailey said.  “It was  bruised, I was holding it in for pressure.
Anyone who has had bruised ribs knows they hurt you every time you
flinch.” 

When asked why his son was walking the same way, he said he has told him to walk that way.

“Everybody will think we are ******* together,” Bailey said.

Click on the link for more

More follow-up:

Bully Caught on Tape Reports to Jail

CANTON, Ohio — The East Sparta man caught on tape apparently mockingthe way a girl with Cerebral Palsy walks is behind bars tonight.

Bill Bailey, 43, reported to the Stark County jail Wednesday morning to begin serving his 29-day sentence.  He was sentenced in November after pleading no contest to charges of disorderly conduct and menacing.

Click on the link for the full article

His explanation sounds like a bad lie told by a bad liar.  Takes a real PoS to mock a 10 year old girl.  

Am I the only one that's never been involved in a "feud" with another family?  Is this a common thing somewhere in America?   :lol:

Archived